Rom discontinued! Find something newer and better

Search This thread

ptaylor09

Mar 2, 2011
Oklahoma City
Thanks, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Tried it but can't get it working. I am going to try on a fresh install and will report back.

Does work after a reboot and fixing permissions. Pretty basic app drawer but definitely an option and it allows you to hide apps.
Its should work when u go into the app drawer settings tab at the bottom hit enable and the pull down will b jst below you status bar.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Reactions: MaxWiz

cjward23

Sep 26, 2010
Peterborough
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to say that I will not be updating this weeks or for the foreseeable future, I am currently out of work and its getting to a point that if I don't get a new job soon I'm screwed.
So I am refocusing my attention and riding my self of some distractions one of which is this MIUI port.
I hope that as and when I get a new job and if time allows I will be able to continue doing weekly builds.
I would like to thank you all for you support.

Cheers

Chris

MaxWiz

Sep 3, 2011
Sheffield
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to say that I will not be updating this weeks or for the foreseeable future, I am currently out of work and its getting to a point that if I don't get a new job soon I'm screwed.
So I am refocusing my attention and riding my self of some distractions one of which is this MIUI port.
I hope that as and when I get a new job and if time allows I will be able to continue doing weekly builds.

Cheers

Chris

Good luck with your job search. Sometimes the real world just has to take priority :) Thanks for the work you have put in to this rom. For me it is a perfectly good dd as it is!

Max

Careless_

Nov 13, 2010
thank you for your community involvement.
another rom bites the dust, but for good reason!

I'm still DDing this rom for now. and thanks for opening the ICS MIUI world up!

MaxWiz

Sep 3, 2011
Sheffield
for those of us still using this rom there is a fix for the latest chrome beta issue. Change ro.build.id to IML74K and reboot. Chrome will now believe that you are running ics.

To change build.props either edit them directly with es explorer or use adb. My preferred method is to use Rom Toolbox.

The latest beta is very smooth on this rom. For me it is much better than stock.

MaxWiz

Sep 3, 2011
Sheffield
Just installed Angel Camera from the market (free app). This is giving me glitch free picture using the fine mode set to a resolution of 2048x1360. Much better than the stock camera or any other app I've tried.

moneybagsxp

Mar 6, 2011
Cannot install -- aroma-config error

I am also stuck on this error trying to install v2.2.17 (b2) on my G2... anyone know a way around this?

OK, cool, I like the ROM, so I can live without the option. :)

Hmm, I'm trying to install, but keep getting and error:

FUNCTION ERROR!!! aroma-config: checkbox() expects 4 args + 3 args per items, got 60
E:Error in /sdcard/MIUI-v4_Vision-2.2.17-Beta2.zip
(Status 1)
Installation aborted.

Never had this problem before...

D

DinoSoup

Ok, I dont know if this is just me, but my permissions wont work. Superuser, and app permissions both turn themselves off right after I leave the security app. Any fix?

moneybagsxp

Mar 6, 2011
using MIUI-v4 beta2 / v2.2.17

That's too bad this is no longer under development, it really is a great ROM.

fwiw, here's a couple of issues I noticed on my HTC G2 (Vision):

• wired headphones not working (can hear audio, but no go on the mic)
  • netflix streaming video broken
  • as listed, the camcorder is not functional
  • camera is working slightly, but with noise at the top/bottom of photos. (panorama option broken, just green lines)
  • no google talk!
  • joining contacts via facebook not pulling in profile picture as main contact photo
  • pressing 'Enter' does not send an SMS message, it creates a new line.

* Not sure if this is an issue or not (considering it is MIUI afterall), but the User Agreement and Privacy Policy that are to be agreed to in order to use Online MIUI Themes are not localized for review in any language other than Chinese.

Anyhow, wanted to send my thanks for such a great ROM. For such an early release, it's almost entirely useable for most day-to-day tasks. I hope the other ICS ROMs are as good as this one has been!

xjaynee

Sep 20, 2010
SoCal
Hi guys,

Cheers

Chris
Good luck in the job hunt! I appreciate this ROM very much as I had been searching for ICS MIUI for a long while. I just downloaded this ROM, and it's wonderful. I hope you do come back in your spare time to make more improvements! : )

rollex

Feb 17, 2011
Jyväskylä
roni.laukkarinen.info
- Camera takes half green photos and layout is all over the place
- Where can I get ICS themes?
- Seems to be quite slow compared to Gingerbread MIUI

Any other MIUI ICS ports to HTC Desire Z? Too bad development has been stopped for ANY MIUI on Desire Z currently... :( I so love MIUI and hope that it will work forever.

nickeedoo

May 12, 2010
- Camera takes half green photos and layout is all over the place
- Where can I get ICS themes?
- Seems to be quite slow compared to Gingerbread MIUI

Any other MIUI ICS ports to HTC Desire Z? Too bad development has been stopped for ANY MIUI on Desire Z currently... :( I so love MIUI and hope that it will work forever.
There are a couple in the works.

hron84

Dec 26, 2010
Budapest
ClokcWorkMod Recovery complains about Beta2 package with signature verification failed. It seems signature is wrong. Pls. fix it.

The problematic point:

jarsigner: java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Another issue:

Code:
FUNCTION ERROR!!! aroma-config:
checkbox() expects 4 args + 3 args per items, got 60
E:Error in /sdcard/.../MIUI-v4_Vision-2.2.17-Beta2.zip
(Status 1)
Installation aborted.

Last edited:

Spastic909

Dec 28, 2010
Read thread title and what cjward said...development on hold

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI 4.0.3

Howdy,

I have found my self with a little time on my hands, I needed a little project and hear it is.
    This has been ported to the HTC Vision by me and lenny_kano, It is pretty much functional bar a few bugs. Most of these bugs are from MIUI as MIUI v4 is not yet stable or feature complete.

This ROM comes with no guaranteed support, I'm hoping that abundance of free time I have at the moment will be short lived. However now I have started I would like to continue. So you never know :)

Screenshots

aM1Jg.png
    8zg38.png
    fBNSW.png

xo7Nq.png
    DMc8w.png
    Md1dX.png

Features

• Android 4.0.3
    • Deodexed/Zipaligned
    • Apps updated to latest versions
    • Quattro Kernel & Libaries (latest)
    • Latest Superuser and binary
    • Trackpad Wake

What Works
    • Radio (Phone Calls & SMS ..)
    • Data 3G/2G
    • Wifi
    • 3D/HW Accelator [real hw]
    • Keys, Keylight, (backlights only work if auto brightness is enabled)
    • Audio
    • Camera [little buggy but it works, lgCamera app included!]
    • SD-Card
    • USB Mount
    • All Sensors
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Market & Google Apps
    • Headphones
    • Themes
    • MIUI Backup

Whats Broken
    • USB Tethering
    • Camcorder
    • you tell me..

Changelog
    Changelog 2.2.17 Beta 2
    • MIUI Weekly changelog
    • MIUI v4 Music Included
    • SMS group sending information will appear in the group thread and single thread
    • I think I fixed everything that I broke in the last update, over all I'm much happier with this release
    Changelog 2.2.10 Beta1
    • Using latest lib's and kernel from andromadus 11
    • Added AromaUI installer, works great and an easy way to personalise your device
    • Stock Camera app working as well as on any other ICS Vision ROM thanks to ajharvey and the andromadus team for helping me with this
    • Chrome Browser is working (choose to install or not in recovery) if you have any issues with chrome try this - go to settings-> developer settings-> check force 2d gpu then uncheck. then reboot..
    • WiFi Calling an option but I cant test, please let me know if it works
    • Maybe more...

Changelog - 2.2.3_Alpha3
    • Optimised the backup and restoration of call logs.
    • Added “User Feedback” application. Supports screenshots, logs, reports and previews of feedback generated.
    • Fixed lag in the dialer when retrieving contacts.
    • Added IP calling to Contacts.
    • Fixed issues with setting ringtones.
    • Privacy mode will now hide pictures from the gallery
    • Included Facebook, Adobe Reader, Flash Player, Twitter
    • New daemon controller, never used this before but proxuser included it in his builds and I quite like it
    • Extra symbols available on the "sym" button (I actually added them this time)
    • Added new bootanimation (I really dislike the nexus one) -credits to mellisapugs
    • Added AGPS patch (seems to work well) credits to crypted
      BUGS
    • Signal bar only displays empty or full
    • Probably WiFi Calling
    • Control app force closes
    Changelog - 2.1.27_Alpha2.5
    • Fixed the OC Deamon, no need to use OC/UV Beater to activate
    • Fixed Wi-Fi Calling (I hope)
    • Added more options to "sym" button on HW keyboard (thanks flemmard)
    Changelog - 2.1.27_Alpha2
    • Sim Toolkit added
    • Overscroll and Fancy IME animation options added (in “Control”)
    • Developer Options added (in “Control”)
    • Dialer and Market lag fixed somewhat.
    • Fixed Themes
    • Market cache always bind mounted to data so that any app can be downloaded without free space issues.
    • Wi-Fi sleep policies fixed (array was the wrong way around)
    • Removed Bug Report.
    • Many, many English improvements thanks to Fllash.
    • Had a go add tidying the build.prop up, but I'm still learning so may be mistakes
    • Added Wi-Fi calling for T-Mobile US users
      -Not 100% working, my tester informed me that you need to reactivate Wi-Fi calling after each call
    • Added Virtuous OC deamon and optimizations.
      -The Deamon does not seem to activate when the phone boots up, but I did find a work around. using OC/UV Beater2, Set OC settings you wish to use then hit save for that profile. Open OC settings and choose the profile you have just created for "When Boot Completes". Then after every reboot the Daemon will be running and your profile will be active. OC/UV Beater can be downloaded here http://db.tt/N8ckavAh

Credits

Mods and Add On's

DSP Manager
    DSP Manager and CM9 Music

Downloads

NO WIPE REQUIRED IF COMING FROM ALPHA 3, ANY OTHER ROM WILL REQUIRE A FULL WIPE!!

MIUI v4 2.2.17 MD5:7519165292bfe89659fd25c3ff06e890
    yjtnms.png

Old Downloads
    MIUI v4 2.2.10 MD5: 9f99121d5d1df9797eb0dcd1d9068f3a
    MIUI ICS Alpha 3 MD5: 8B25D1ACF169B0EBA2E62086BC3BA1D4Bluetooth Fix
    MIUI ICS Alpha 2.5 uploaded.toMD5: CF31A889C823050AEC0D591D1D137332
    MIUI ICS Alpha 2 MediafireMD5:BAB4C8EEFE5AE5F3A0D290399F03A9A9
    MIUI ICS Alpha 1 MediafireMD5: 30076EAE4DE57C62FF6D728BA0067FF8 You will need to flash this Kernel immediately after flashing the ROM.
    Hi guys,

Cheers

Chris
    OK, build is looking really good. Seems stable and fast, Chrome is working and it also has this new AromaUI for installation, I'm just getting my head round it and I will make the from super configurable.

Going to do some work on getting the stock camera app working. Its working well on andromadus and ICS builds for the saga and ace. Proxuser has not included lg camera this week and i want to do the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Hey, hope to be updating some time in the next 24 hours.
    I will investigate some of the bugs you have brought to my attention.

Also 2.5 has been downloaded over 2100 times :) guess I must of done something right.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    MIUI v4 2.2.10 Beta1

Changelog
    • Using latest lib's and kernel from andromadus 11
    • Added AromaUI installer, works great and an easy way to personalise your device
    • Stock Camera app working as well as on any other ICS Vision ROM thanks to ajharvey and the andromadus team for helping me with this
    • Chrome Browser is working (choose to install or not in recovery) if you have any issues with chrome try this - go to settings-> developer settings-> check force 2d gpu then uncheck. then reboot..
    • WiFi Calling an option but I cant test, please let me know if it works
    • Maybe more...

MIUI v4 2.2.10
    MD5: 9f99121d5d1df9797eb0dcd1d9068f3a