[Q] Strange CID and Stock update help please?

Search This thread

tctanalot

Feb 24, 2013
Hi there.
I'm new to the forum but have lurked and used some of the great information and tools that are available here.
So firstly, thank you.

Now.
I bought my One X in China (Where I live), in around August. It seems as though the one I got isn't a regular One X and because of that I'm having some problems.

A month and a half or so ago I installed an AOKP Rom which I've had some pretty intense bugs with, such as the the phone restarting whenever I toggle WiFi on or off. Because of that, I finally attempted to return to stock today. After a while, I found some success. I restored my nandroid backup, reflashed the stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. Happy that I was back to normal, I went to download the Jelly Bean OTA update, but kept having errors when doing so. (The green bar would reach about 1/3 of the way and then a red triangle showed up.) I've tried to troubleshoot and in doing so have found out that my CID is "11111111", so I have no idea what to make of it. All i could find was that this is some kind of superCID, but if it's preventing me from installing an OTA update then how do I go around this?

Is it possible to change my CID to something more accessible? This is the international Tegra 3 model by the way.
Additionally, the HBOOT screen shows that my phone is "ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-OFF RL". Is this normal?

Any answers would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
:)

Reactions: teonagode

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
You're really lucky actually, because a lot of people want exactly your phone - SuperCID and S-OFF. You cannot flash OTAs on a SuperCID phone iirc, but you can unlock the bootloader and flash something else

Reactions: tctanalot

herbie13

Dec 11, 2012
Portsmouth
Hi, there are fastboot commands to change your cid if you are s-off but I am not sure why you would want to.

With s-off you can just go and flash the 1.39 hboot from mikes thread (link from his arhd thread OP)

I have same setup as you and have been wondering what actually is stock for me if I ever needed it. I don't have a nandroid from when I got the phone and I guess that s-off and super cid means I could pick any one ? But which.

Sent from my HTC One X

tctanalot

Feb 24, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I guess i have a better understanding now of what these things all mean.
So I gather if I want to get the stock Jellybean ROM I have to flash it myself?
Eh, that's kind of a pain but I guess it's not too bad. Do I go about it in the same way that anyone else would or will there be a variation based on the situation of my phone?

Thanks

herbie13

Dec 11, 2012
Portsmouth
I reckon someone with an s-on would gladly swop with you if its a pain :) you have the most flexibility as it is.

Flash whichever update you like without worrying about the cid matching. That's the magic of super cid. Then because you are s-off you also have the option to downgrade if that ever took your fancy.

There are many guides on how to do this written far better than I could so just search the forum.

Enjoy

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: tctanalot

tctanalot

Feb 24, 2013
I see.
I've had a look around and I'm still a little confused to be honest.
Because I'm S-Off and have SuperCID, does that mean I can just choose a Jellybean OTA Update, download it, install it and upgrade the HBOOT?
Everything will be the same as if I upgraded OTA?

Sorry for being so useless.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Don't hang me for this info, see it more as a pointer to more info to search on ;)

What i have read before is that you can write yourself a CID and update the hboot with a firmware from that CID. then you can run any software out there......

Do not run a ruu, it might mess up your s-off to s-on

herbie13

Dec 11, 2012
Portsmouth
When I get to my pc I will write up what I did with a link.

I did as Mr Hofs said but I did not need to change my cid from super to do it.

I have never tried an ruu.

Sent from my HTC One X

herbie13

Dec 11, 2012
Portsmouth
Ok so first i read this and watched his youtube vid http://www.flow-wolf.net/2012/10/htc-one-x-perfect-guide-for-beginners.html

Check video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQasxRPopSM he works with an S-Off

I started on HBoot 1.12 i believe

Then I got my unlock token handy (one from htcdev) and made sure fastboot working etc
Then did a nandroid (which i subsequently deleted but hey i tried to do the right thing :eek:)
Then I got the latest firmware for HBoot 1.39 from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957376 I downloaded the first 1.39 for WWE (x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE))
No need to change your CID. Super CID works with any of them.

Now I just followed the usual steps explained many times here to flash the firmware.

You need to put the stock recovery back on. I got mine from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970&highlight=htc+one+x+*stock* EDIT: dont think you need this step actually -will let one of the pro's confirm.

Then relock bootloader and reboot in RUU and flash the firmware.

When done unlock bootloader again, flash custom recovery and flash a ROM. You can skip the extra step of flashing the boot.img as with S-Off your custom recovery can do it.

As mentioned by Mr Hofs I have no idea what an RUU would do to S-Off, Ive never tried.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, there are fastboot commands to change your cid if you are s-off but I am not sure why you would want to.

With s-off you can just go and flash the 1.39 hboot from mikes thread (link from his arhd thread OP)

I have same setup as you and have been wondering what actually is stock for me if I ever needed it. I don't have a nandroid from when I got the phone and I guess that s-off and super cid means I could pick any one ? But which.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Ok so first i read this and watched his youtube vid http://www.flow-wolf.net/2012/10/htc-one-x-perfect-guide-for-beginners.html

Check video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQasxRPopSM he works with an S-Off

I started on HBoot 1.12 i believe

Then I got my unlock token handy (one from htcdev) and made sure fastboot working etc
    Then did a nandroid (which i subsequently deleted but hey i tried to do the right thing :eek:)
    Then I got the latest firmware for HBoot 1.39 from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1957376 I downloaded the first 1.39 for WWE (x.xx.401.x - World Wide English (WWE))
    No need to change your CID. Super CID works with any of them.

Now I just followed the usual steps explained many times here to flash the firmware.

You need to put the stock recovery back on. I got mine from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970&highlight=htc+one+x+*stock* EDIT: dont think you need this step actually -will let one of the pro's confirm.

Then relock bootloader and reboot in RUU and flash the firmware.

When done unlock bootloader again, flash custom recovery and flash a ROM. You can skip the extra step of flashing the boot.img as with S-Off your custom recovery can do it.

As mentioned by Mr Hofs I have no idea what an RUU would do to S-Off, Ive never tried.

Good luck.
    Don't hang me for this info, see it more as a pointer to more info to search on ;)

What i have read before is that you can write yourself a CID and update the hboot with a firmware from that CID. then you can run any software out there......

Do not run a ruu, it might mess up your s-off to s-on
    When I get to my pc I will write up what I did with a link.

I did as Mr Hofs said but I did not need to change my cid from super to do it.

I have never tried an ruu.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Hi there.
    I'm new to the forum but have lurked and used some of the great information and tools that are available here.
    So firstly, thank you.

Now.
    I bought my One X in China (Where I live), in around August. It seems as though the one I got isn't a regular One X and because of that I'm having some problems.

A month and a half or so ago I installed an AOKP Rom which I've had some pretty intense bugs with, such as the the phone restarting whenever I toggle WiFi on or off. Because of that, I finally attempted to return to stock today. After a while, I found some success. I restored my nandroid backup, reflashed the stock recovery and relocked the bootloader. Happy that I was back to normal, I went to download the Jelly Bean OTA update, but kept having errors when doing so. (The green bar would reach about 1/3 of the way and then a red triangle showed up.) I've tried to troubleshoot and in doing so have found out that my CID is "11111111", so I have no idea what to make of it. All i could find was that this is some kind of superCID, but if it's preventing me from installing an OTA update then how do I go around this?

Is it possible to change my CID to something more accessible? This is the international Tegra 3 model by the way.
    Additionally, the HBOOT screen shows that my phone is "ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-OFF RL". Is this normal?

Any answers would be extremely appreciated. Thank you.
    :)