[Q] TMO Wi-Fi Calling for UVMC 6 TW

Search This thread

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
Definitely need Wi-Fi Calling in the area where I live.
I have seen apps that offer Wi-Fi Calling from the UVMC 6 Release by TMO but some of them don't.

What files do I need to manipulate (I'm guessing some .so files from lib and .jar files from framework) would I need to put Wi-Fi calling into my ROMs that are UVMC 6 but may not have Wi-Fi calling?

Anybody have any ideas or leads that I can follow?

Thank you.

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
Seriously...take this advice...Just install a tmo based rom.

This is a catch 22. If you were good enough to add tmo wifi calling to a non-native rom, you'd be building your own kernels from scratch and would be experienced enough to know how. In not saying you're not experienced because I don't know. What I do know is what you're asking for is 1. not easy and 2. not for beginners.

Edit: and I forgot the most important thing...tmo's wifi calling is a closed source feature so there's no code to build from.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
Well see that's the thing. I am using a native T-Mobile ROM (uvmc6) latest release with their radio...not sure about kernel but it is just missing the feature WiFi calling.

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
Well see that's the thing. I am using a native T-Mobile ROM (uvmc6) latest release with their radio...not sure about kernel but it is just missing the feature WiFi calling.

Do you have wifi calling enabled? Is it enabled on your account? Do you have the proper SIM? Has it worked before for you?

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
Do you have wifi calling enabled? Is it enabled on your account? Do you have the proper SIM? Has it worked before for you?

Okay. It is the stock rom; debloated; deoed and zip aligned.
On the past stock ROM (Same radio, same kernel, same release (UVCM6)), I had wi-fi calling working. This is a new ROM (the awesome Embryo 6.11 to be exact) and I am trying to get the files necessary from a native UVCM6 ROM with wi-fi calling working onto the Embryo ROM.

Sum it up:
-Currently Using Embryo 6.11 (debloated UVCM6) ROM without Wi-Fi Calling feature.
-Trying to put the files from a Tmo released stock UVCM6 ROM with Wi-Fi calling feature.

Need the files necessary

xXchrizhurtyXx

Apr 12, 2012
Bronx, NY
Okay. It is the stock rom; debloated; deoed and zip aligned.
On the past stock ROM (Same radio, same kernel, same release (UVCM6)), I had wi-fi calling working. This is a new ROM (the awesome Embryo 6.11 to be exact) and I am trying to get the files necessary from a native UVCM6 ROM with wi-fi calling working onto the Embryo ROM.

Sum it up:
-Currently Using Embryo 6.11 (debloated UVCM6) ROM without Wi-Fi Calling feature.
-Trying to put the files from a Tmo released stock UVCM6 ROM with Wi-Fi calling feature.

Need the files necessary

I don't think embryo has been rebased.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
I see in the release notes they added wifi calling:
14-APR-2013
* [6.11] T989 - UVMC6 binary bits and blobs added.
* [6.11] T989 - UVMC6 wifi calling apk added
* [6.11] T989 - UVMC6 extra apks added in /data. Install via ROMCustomizer -> Apk Management -> TMOBILE tab.
* [6.11] updated to UCMC1 binaries and other binary blobs.
* [6.11] updated to Cymbaline 3.6
* [6.11] Added BLN support in ROM Customizer.
* [6.11] Swype keyboard updated if you are facing issue with Swype please read post #1937.

My suggestion is ask in the thread if that option is not showing up on your phone. And make sure its not there. If its not maybe re-flash the ROM.

915rko

Feb 14, 2011
El Paso
The embryo ROM is based on the skyrocket from AT&T. Its not a native Tmo build. Yes, stuff was added for WiFi calling but the code is not intended to work with it. Try another rom. I sure could use WiFi calling as well but seeing as I need a new sim card(to lazy to get a new one) I switched back to embryo from countless Tmo 4.1.2 ROMs. I guess its the theme that got me lol
To answer your question, no. WiFi calling won't work on the Embryo ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

iburnhearts

Feb 6, 2011
There's Jedi Mind Trick, Infamous, Jellybeast and a couple other stock ROMs in the dev section that run as smooth as embryo minus the customization. Just give the ROMs some time to add custom features...

Sent from an infamous phone.

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
The embryo ROM is based on the skyrocket from AT&T. Its not a native Tmo build. Yes, stuff was added for WiFi calling but the code is not intended to work with it. Try another rom. I sure could use WiFi calling as well but seeing as I need a new sim card(to lazy to get a new one) I switched back to embryo from countless Tmo 4.1.2 ROMs. I guess its the theme that got me lol
To answer your question, no. WiFi calling won't work on the Embryo ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Well, I know all this. He did an awesome job with the ROM with customization and everything. I like Embryo probably the best of all the TW Roms. But even with his inclusion of wi-fi calling apk, the framework didn't transfer over for TMO UVMC6. I am hoping in his next release he will work on it.

But, what i was hoping to make was a flashable zip file with the necessary framework and apk to add on to his ROM. I wanted to know if devs knew what files were workable with.

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
when i was using Infuse 4G, I used this method successfully to get TMO Wifi calling working on ATT based ROM. Of course it wont work on our SGS2 but looks like there maybe a way to enable TMO wifi calling on non TMO based ROMs...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1455264

Thank you for your response.
I think I might've actually used a method of some sort like that in the past for Gingerbread ROMs. 2.2 and 2.3, that method worked. It was in that format.

However, with the release of JB; (ICS never had it right) its more of achange on framework files;
I'm guessing its a framework.apk that needs to be modified;
if its a jar file, i can simply make an extension; but i'm guessing also that there is more than that..

SereneEnigma

Apr 19, 2013
Well, I know all this. He did an awesome job with the ROM with customization and everything. I like Embryo probably the best of all the TW Roms. But even with his inclusion of wi-fi calling apk, the framework didn't transfer over for TMO UVMC6. I am hoping in his next release he will work on it.

But, what i was hoping to make was a flashable zip file with the necessary framework and apk to add on to his ROM. I wanted to know if devs knew what files were workable with.

In the Embryo thread, IF I'm not mistaken, I think he was going to rebase his ROM with our stock UVMC6.

jhkang680

Apr 22, 2011
In the Embryo thread, IF I'm not mistaken, I think he was going to rebase his ROM with our stock UVMC6.

With the next release? (21st one?)
UVMC6 bit was added last release on the 14th but the framework for Wi-Fi calling wasn't right.
I am hoping he updates it. LOL i'm so even willing to pay his team for it lol

Canyon30

Apr 25, 2013
AZ

It's my understanding there is quite a bounty for the first developer to build the feature you are looking for. Wifi-Calling is so baked into the tmo roms that countless developers have tried to port/transfer/recode/bla bla bla it over to AOSP/AOPK, etc. and still haven't got it working. However, the code or theory on how to do it is available here https://code.google.com/p/the-ims-open-source-project-for-android/. I also would be using Embryo 6.11 if the wifi calling worked. As stated before Embryo 6.11 was build from a native att rom it will never have wifi calling. Even though the apk was move over, wifi calling is in so many different .apks and frameworks and jars. Some of those files I'm sure you can just copy over like SecMms.apk but the developer of Embryo modified so man files that it's not feasible. There was talk of him rebaseing Embryo on UVMC6 but as far as I know he hasn't done that yet. Now with the Galaxy S5 out, I really don't expect many developers to continue working on the aging Galaxy S2.

gotthegalaxy

Jan 17, 2014
Definitely need Wi-Fi Calling in the area where I live.
I have seen apps that offer Wi-Fi Calling from the UVMC 6 Release by TMO but some of them don't.

What files do I need to manipulate (I'm guessing some .so files from lib and .jar files from framework) would I need to put Wi-Fi calling into my ROMs that are UVMC 6 but may not have Wi-Fi calling?

Anybody have any ideas or leads that I can follow?

Thank you.

Hey, so I don't know if you've found another alternative or something, but there is one ROM that I know of that has the Wi-Fi calling. It's still based off of the Jellybean update but it worked for me. Here ya go. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2670624

Hope that helped.

D

Darth

Top Liked Posts