Changing the bluetooth stack in Android?

Search This thread

Azuran

Jul 30, 2010
How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!

hikouka71

Dec 13, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
How easy/difficult is it to achieve this feat, and is it a kernel dependency? Main reason I ask is that Sense UI is almost perfect, but it's BT stack is the only flaw, and for some a glaring one. How would one going about replacing HTC's deficient version with, say, Koush's Cyanogen Mod version which seems to work flawlessly? Thanks in advance for any answers or insight!

no one knows? i would have thought for sure somebody here would have done it or know if its possible. I'm looking for this as well

Perfecteagle

Jun 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Bump... I've been asking the same question myself recently. I have an HTC Evo 4G and love my Sense-based ROM, but I hate the fact that I can't use certain Bluetooth accessories with it (ahem... Wiimote). Does someone have an answer?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I'll love to do that too !!

did you find a solution yet?

thanks

Simple answer is no. You can try a CM based rom that gives you those options but the stacks cant be swapped due to driver problems. It is a give an take. The Default has better strength and range but is missing a few unneeded option (PO), while CM uses Bluz stack which gives you the option but you lose some BT signal strength and range.