[Q] at&t htc one update from outside the US

Search This thread

wadderus

Dec 23, 2011
Hi
I bought an at&t htc one (m7) mobile from the us
i managed to unlock it with a code. My issue is that the current software is android 4.1.2, Sense 5 and the mobile cannot find the updates (guess because I am outside of the US)
What should i do to get the update
can I download the latest software from the internet and do a flash recovery? or should I flash it with earlier updates first?
Is there an easier way to update?
Can you please explain how to do flash recovery?
Many thanks

Last edited:

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Hi
i managed to unlock it with a code. My issue is that the current software is android 4.1.2, Sense 5 and the mobile cannot find the updates (guess because I am outside of the US)
can I download the latest software from the internet and do a flash recovery? or should I flash it with earlier updates first?
Many thanks

You will only get OTA if you are on ATT. To get the update if you are not on att you will have to flash the ruu or root and flash one of the zips.

shabzbd

May 31, 2014
since you are outside US i would recommend you to flash an international stock rom on to your phone. If you manage to install a stock rom with its stock recovery you can get automatic OTA updates and be running the latest sense 6. but it depends on how much you know and how much you are willing to read and learn.. what i would do

1. s-off
2. supercid
3. modelid: PN0710000

and then install the [SYSTEM DUMP][07.06.2014] HTC One *STOCK* ROM | 5.11.401.10 | KitKat 4.4.2 | HTC Sense 6.0
by mike1986

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2224752

You will have an international stock phone.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi
Many thanks

here >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659374

wadderus

Dec 23, 2011
Thank you all for the replies
I sent it with a friend back to the us because I could not find simple step by step instructions
My friend made the update using the AT&T software update option
However, he did not get the sense 6 or the newest Android version
Does he need to do it several times?
Many thanks