[FAQ] How to S-OFF @ hboot 2.49.000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

itsmelutfor

Feb 24, 2012
which custom rom??

Can someone tell which custom Rom can be s-offed with firewater?? I tried nusense and Pac Rom but no success. I badly need to s-off. My fingerprint scanner not working after unlock.

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
Can someone tell which custom Rom can be s-offed with firewater?? I tried nusense and Pac Rom but no success. I badly need to s-off. My fingerprint scanner not working after unlock.
Did you read the last post? You can no longer download firewater.

If you're trying to use a copy that you all ready had,that likely will not work either. When I used it on my max,the copy i had on my computer didn't work(I tried several times),and I had to re-download in order to have success.

Aside from that,search back from here a few pages ago it was clearly spelled out what stock ROM worked with sprint/firewater and what nandroid worked for gsm with sunshine. If you have sprint,I'd venture a guess the same stock ROM will work with sunshine

itsmelutfor

Feb 24, 2012
Did you read the last post? You can no longer download firewater.

If you're trying to use a copy that you all ready had,that likely will not work either. When I used it on my max,the copy i had on my computer didn't work(I tried several times),and I had to re-download in order to have success.

Aside from that,search back from here a few pages ago it was clearly spelled out what stock ROM worked with sprint/firewater and what nandroid worked for gsm with sunshine. If you have sprint,I'd venture a guess the same stock ROM will work with sunshine

Thanks for reply. I have international version of one max. My model Id 0P3P51000. I can not use sunshine cause I do not have credit card to pay. Is there any other way other than Sunshine?? Any custom Rom/romrunner or anything??

scotty1223

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for reply. I have international version of one max. My model Id 0P3P51000. I can not use sunshine cause I do not have credit card to pay. Is there any other way other than Sunshine?? Any custom Rom/romrunner or anything??
My suggestion would be to buy a prepaid card to use.

Otherwise,just be content with htcdev unlock,as you can still flash custom roms and kernels with that.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

itsmelutfor

Feb 24, 2012
ok thanks

My suggestion would be to buy a prepaid card to use.

Otherwise,just be content with htcdev unlock,as you can still flash custom roms and kernels with that.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Ya I will try and get a prepaid card if I can. Yup I can flash custom kernel and Rom but the problem is that I can not use my fingerprint. I have installed 1.19.401.2 Rom like you mentioned, flashed boot and recovery from firewater s-off package, rooted with temproot, but still I am out of luck, the dotted lines continues to grow after warnings.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Ya I will try and get a prepaid card if I can. Yup I can flash custom kernel and Rom but the problem is that I can not use my fingerprint. I have installed 1.19.401.2 Rom like you mentioned, flashed boot and recovery from firewater s-off package, rooted with temproot, but still I am out of luck, the dotted lines continues to grow after warnings.

Told you so.

Waste of time running that and posting that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage

Dude... Are you not understanding it's down. Get a pre-paid card there is no "trying" I'm going to guess you just don't want to support the dev. Dude...

itsmelutfor

Feb 24, 2012
Dude... Are you not understanding it's down. Get a pre-paid card there is no "trying" I'm going to guess you just don't want to support the dev. Dude...

It's not that I do not want to support the dev, my country dun hv PayPal service n I have checked we dun get prepaid credit card either. I'm from Bangladesh. So I was trying if anything anyway

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I installed sunshine today. Its saying need flash stock Rom or nearer to stock. I have flashed 1.19.401.2 EU version. My model I'd 0P3P51000 and cid HTC 032.

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
It's not that I do not want to support the dev, my country dun hv PayPal service n I have checked we dun get prepaid credit card either. I'm from Bangladesh. So I was trying if anything anyway

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I installed sunshine today. Its saying need flash stock Rom or nearer to stock. I have flashed 1.19.401.2 EU version. My model I'd 0P3P51000 and cid HTC 032.

Oh dang sorry man. Just see so many people do the same. Apologies around lol.

ARTURITCH

Sep 23, 2014
Kiev City
If anyony does have pronlems, i have got an interesting solution. I got my SOFF on hboot 2.49 through firewater, but in order to gain it, i installed awidawad's PAC-ROM, and it worked damn fine! The only thing you have to do is to switch the "grant su to apps and ADB" to ON. And yup, thats all!

Last edited by a moderator:

tommyjoesanders

Aug 12, 2013
Firewater doesn't work since the server on there website is shut off. Don't believe me put your device back to s-on and try to s-off device again

Reactions: scotty1223

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
If anyony does have pronlems, i have got an interesting solution. I got my SOFF on hboot 2.49 through firewater, but in order to gain it, i installed awidawad's PAC-ROM, and it worked damn fine! The only thing you have to do is to switch the "grant su to apps and ADB" to ON. And yup, thats all!

Dude the server is down. Obviously you did so beforehand...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
It will not work. firewater server has been turned off. this thread really need to be closed out.
I'm inclined to agree. Because Firewater has been shut down server-side, this guide will no longer work. Thus, this thread is not really needed as it is outdated. So, to discourage people from trying it (assuming they read through the thread) and to avert future arguments, I'm closing the thread.

To @MrT69, you should consider editing the first post to reflect that Firewater doesn't work at this time. Also, please PM me if you feel it should stay open.

The new method that works is called Sunshine (from the same developers). While one may disagree as to whether they should charge money, they do have expenses - test phones (many bricked figuring things out), hosting, etc - that need to be met. Also, they should be rewarded for their expertise as evidenced by the fact that no one has figured out s-off and undercut their price point. If you don't like being charged, then figure it out yourself and give it away for free.

In the meantime, we NEVER allow members to disrespect developers, especially using foul language to do so. If you feel it is acceptable to do so, please reread the rules more carefully.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or accolades,
coal686

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was fighting a long time for this but finaly I got it working. Here is the how to and the requried files within the download.

!!! ATTENTION !!!

If you are needed to use ADB or FASTBOOT you

(!!!) MUST (!!!)

use my files within the Package - ADB Folder

1. I was using a fresh installed Windows 7 x64

2. Download my S-OFF Package here: http://ul.to/gqwmbc08

3. Install all required Windows drivers and also the USB drivers. If you are using USB 3.0 you will find inside the S-OFF Package the latest USB 3.0 driver.
    4. Unlock via HTC the device

5. Use the STOCK (!) HTC 1.19.401.2 ROM ODEX

6. Install the SuperUser v. 1.99 Edition(http://download.chainfire.eu/420/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip)

7. Install the HTC driver pack from the S-OFF Package

8. Reboot your device several times that Windows will install all the required drivers for your MAX device.

Now, let's do S-OFF even if you are with hboot 2.49.000

1. Flash the recovery from my package (recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.8-t6.img)

2. Flash the boot image from my package.
    ATTENTION!! Within this boot image almost every security is disabled. Just only for S-OFF your device!!

3. Factory reset the device

4. Do the default setup with select nothing. Only connect to WIFI and that's it.

5. Don't use YOUR ADB and FASTBOOT. YOU MUST USE MY ADB & FASTBOOT FOLDER

6. Download firewater temproot (!) and run it
    YES - I know you are allready rooted but you need to run it.

7. For some reasons I'm 100% sure that you will get successfully root with temproot :laugh:

8. REBOOT

9. Wait until the device is back

10. Now run firewater S-OFF with default instructions.

adb reboot
    adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
    adb shell
    chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
    /data/local/tmp/firewater
    Within 10 sec. you should now see this:

j5kl4rrwim1h.png

Let me know if you got it!!! Enjoy your device and may the S-OFF with you...
    It will not work. firewater server has been turned off. this thread really need to be closed out.
    I'm inclined to agree. Because Firewater has been shut down server-side, this guide will no longer work. Thus, this thread is not really needed as it is outdated. So, to discourage people from trying it (assuming they read through the thread) and to avert future arguments, I'm closing the thread.

To @MrT69, you should consider editing the first post to reflect that Firewater doesn't work at this time. Also, please PM me if you feel it should stay open.

The new method that works is called Sunshine (from the same developers). While one may disagree as to whether they should charge money, they do have expenses - test phones (many bricked figuring things out), hosting, etc - that need to be met. Also, they should be rewarded for their expertise as evidenced by the fact that no one has figured out s-off and undercut their price point. If you don't like being charged, then figure it out yourself and give it away for free.

In the meantime, we NEVER allow members to disrespect developers, especially using foul language to do so. If you feel it is acceptable to do so, please reread the rules more carefully.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns, or accolades,
    coal686
    I think you shuld make new thread with the instructions you write to me

And I want your permission to use your instructions in arabic website called (ce4arab)

I locked the bootloader and removed tamperd flag manually using adb commands I didn't know about that zip file
    I will include it in my thread if you allow me to

Thanks again
    Will Make new thread next week and for sure you can use these instructions as u need [emoji2]
    I'm happy that it worked for you [emoji2]

It was really making me crazy because I have 4 device and s-offed all of them in 1 minute except the device of my friend

So it's really obvious now that the newset firmware stops firewater from working even with old Rom and any one should first downgrade

So hope the op add my comment to the first post because it will help those stuck with the newset firmware

Also @AOWS
    U can use the zip in the link below to remove tampered and lock and unlock your device without need to pc or any thing
    Just flash it in twrp recovery and choose to lock or unlock or remove tampered
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1kAXZSHj6XySUxDR2hNTHYzUHc/edit?usp=docslist_api

I think you shuld make new thread with the instructions you write to me

And I want your permission to use your instructions in arabic website called (ce4arab)

I locked the bootloader and removed tamperd flag manually using adb commands I didn't know about that zip file
    I will include it in my thread if you allow me to

Thanks again
    Ok thanks ,very appreciated.
    It would be fine ,let me know when u find encrypted file for me.

Sent from my AUXUS CoreX8 3G using Tapatalk 2

uploading it now to you
    hope it works as i don't have sprint device

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Follow these steps for sprint .. added sprint firmware

For sprint only

Now follow these steps carefully :
    1. we need to downgrade the rom to 2.09.651.1 ... I think u can use any stock backup and restore it and make sure it will boot because u need to flash the boot.img manually
    Or flash latest viper Rom which I prefer ( use viper rom for sprint )
    Also don't forget to flash the super su zip to make sure it's rooted ( I know that viper is rooted but please follow instructions and flash super su zip from recovery ) and test if your device have super su installed and working or not

2. We need to downgrade the firmware also to 2.09.651.1 because it's the culprit which stops firewater from working :
    Yes you will downgrade the firmware with s-on device
    To do this follow these steps
    A. you will need to download this firmware ( sprint only )
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kAXZSHj6XyaHFwSTVzc0l2RjQ/view?usp=sharing
    B. copy it to your adb folder
    C. You need to lock your device to be able to flash this and make sure you have your unlock code.bin which you got previously to be able to unlock again faster if Firewater failed to achieve s-off with locked boot loader

So now u should open cmd and write this to lock your device :

fastboot oem lock

C.Now we Will flash the firmware posted above :
    Make sure that you have the firmware in the adb folder and follow these commands and please copy and paste them :

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Then

fastboot flash zip firmware_2.09.651.1.zip

Then use the same command above again to make sure it's flashed properly

Then :

fastboot reboot-bootloader

Now you will be in bootloader and you will see that mainversion is now : 2.09.651.1 [emoji2]

D. Now you have also stock recovery flashed so open your device and do hard reset from backup and restore in settings

E. Open your device and activate debugging then follow the firewater steps

F. Firewater may be won't s-off from the first time and go through all of biottles so in the first run only, try to open the screen in the 7th bottle then your phone will freeze so do a hardreboot by power and volume up then follow firewater steps again without interruption

F. If this succeded tell me .. if not reunlock your device with your unlock code and do the firewtater step again