[Q] Help needed to get Mango. Reward inside :-)

Search This thread

Jorijn

Sep 15, 2008
Culemborg
So, I'm the (un)lucky owner of a Vodafone branded HTC Trophy. I installed the latest HTC update which landed me on SPL version 1.22.2250.

I figured I want to install this version of Mango since I'll be able to to the rest of the updates trough Zune.

I don't know if I'll be needing to unbrand this device or not, I only know that if I run the proper RUU tool against my RGB screen (boot loader?!) it comes out with error 266 and leaves my phone hanging. I then need to reboot my device by pulling out the battery.

I was fairly advanced with Android's ROM way, and by means are not a stupid person. I googled quite a lot and read through most topics in this sub forum but it doesn't make sense yet.

What I'll be needing: A foolproof way to get to the latest Mango version. I don't care whats in between and are willing to take moderate risk such as flashing HSPL. There are so many ways and terms here I simply don't have the time to figure it all out. Time is money and since I'll hopefully be sparing out a few hours with this way I offer the lucky winner of writing me a fool proof step of plans $10 on paypal.

Also, bare with me. English isn't my native language. :)

Reactions: drkfngthdragnlrd

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
So, I'm the (un)lucky owner of a Vodafone branded HTC Trophy. I installed the latest HTC update which landed me on SPL version 1.22.2250.

I figured I want to install this version of Mango since I'll be able to to the rest of the updates trough Zune.

I don't know if I'll be needing to unbrand this device or not, I only know that if I run the proper RUU tool against my RGB screen (boot loader?!) it comes out with error 266 and leaves my phone hanging. I then need to reboot my device by pulling out the battery.

I was fairly advanced with Android's ROM way, and by means are not a stupid person. I googled quite a lot and read through most topics in this sub forum but it doesn't make sense yet.

What I'll be needing: A foolproof way to get to the latest Mango version. I don't care whats in between and are willing to take moderate risk such as flashing HSPL. There are so many ways and terms here I simply don't have the time to figure it all out. Time is money and since I'll hopefully be sparing out a few hours with this way I offer the lucky winner of writing me a fool proof step of plans $10 on paypal.

You can contact me in dutch and i might be able to help you out.

Though i have samsung device.

What version are you running? Did you try to upgrade to Mango beta? are you dev-unlocked?

If you are on NoDo and unlocked, make sure you install provxml deployer and run it before upgrading to mango.
Try installing the zune beta and all the files, than do the upgrade, now run the htc connection setup (this will execute some files which will fully unlock your device). After you did this, make sure to run provxmldeployer again, this will place the same files back, you will need these after the second update to mango b2.

downloaderintruder

Jul 1, 2008
This is what I did to get the same ROM.

I had the 1.22.2250 SPL as well, but then I thought to myself that I don't need useless vodafone apps on my phone, I just need OEM apps because they are more useful than a shortcut to vodafone 360.

So, here's what I did:

1. Go here and download the appropriate ROM for your Trophy. You must get 7004/7008 version. You should download the appropriate ROM that matches the characteristic value of your phone. The ROMs in this thread are all branded, but flashing this ROM will downgrade your OS version and SPL version to 1.09 or 1.10 so you can HSPL later.

After the ROM has been downloaded, extract the zip file somewhere easy to find (eg. desktop).

[Step 2 will erase everything on your phone]

2. Connect the phone by holding down volume down key and connect it via USB. Wait until appropriate drivers are installed. Flash the ROM you downloaded from step 1. This should take less than 10 minutes. After flashing, Trophy will restart and boot to normal. Turn it off. Your phone is still branded in this step.

3. After flashing, download DFT's RSPL/HSPL here and be sure to get the second version. Extract the files somewhere easy to find (eg. desktop). This tool will let you install customized ROMs/unbranded ROMs on your device. Therefore if you replace your SPL with HSPL, you will be able to install the unbranded Mango ROM.

4. Hold down volume down key on the Trophy, and connect it via USB. Trophy will go straight to bootloader state, and run the DFT_RSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH exe file . Select the nearest version of SPL shown on your Trophy, and click install. If Trophy reboots, flash was successful, if not, try again until you get RSPL.

5. After RSPL, do step 4 again, but this time, run DFT_HSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH and install HSPL, not OSPL. After HSPL, Trophy will reboot. If Trophy successfully boots to Windows Phone, then you have done it right.

7. Go here and download your ROM for Trophy which is RUU_Spark_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEASE.exe. This is the unbranded ROM which will remove carrier (vodafone) apps.

8. Turn off Trophy and connect it by holding down volume down key and connect via USB so it goes straight to bootloader state, unzip the ROM downloaded from step 7 using winrar or winzip.

9. Open the extracted folder and delete SPL_signed.nbh as this will overwrite your current SPL and will brick your Trophy.

10. Run the rom update utility and happy flashing! Trophy should restart after flashing.

So there you have it. After setting up your Live account, you must go to the marketplace and download HTC Connection Setup and run it. This will configure your carrier settings (3G/HSDPA, MMS) to your phone since this Mango ROM is unbranded and does not carry and customization by your carrier (vodafone).

Last edited:
Reactions: marbur79 and Jorijn

Jorijn

Sep 15, 2008
Culemborg
Cool. Now trying the method from downloaderintruder :)

Edit: Seems to be working. Flashing final Mango ROM now, will report back when running.
Edit2: Done!

Last edited:

marbur79

Jun 14, 2010
Hi, I still get a ERROR 266 when flashing with the RUU_Spark_Vodafone_ELL_1.10.168.04_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar ROM? Also get the same if I try to flash the RUU_Spark_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEASE ROM... I've been struggeling with this the past 5 days and would really appreciate any assistance.

I have the following Trophy:
SPL-1.22.2250.0
Firmware: 2250.21.12200.168
H/W: 0003
Radio: 5.65.09.25_22.45.50.21U
Radio H/W: A.102.0.D4
Chip SOC: 2.2.5.0

Thanks guys!!!

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Hi, I still get a ERROR 266 when flashing with the RUU_Spark_Vodafone_ELL_1.10.168.04_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar ROM? Also get the same if I try to flash the RUU_Spark_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEASE ROM... I've been struggeling with this the past 5 days and would really appreciate any assistance.

I have the following Trophy:
SPL-1.22.2250.0
Firmware: 2250.21.12200.168
H/W: 0003
Radio: 5.65.09.25_22.45.50.21U
Radio H/W: A.102.0.D4
Chip SOC: 2.2.5.0

Thanks guys!!!

Resolved this by changing from a USB 3 port to a USB 2 port? Weird but it worked...

Last edited:

futura555

Dec 15, 2010
Do i need Y usb cable to do this? Because i`ve tried this with standard usb cable from htc and my Trophy stucked in "USB host mode" screen.

I don`t have that Y cable, and i was looking for solution to debrand phone without Y, and i`ve found this thread, wheres no word about Y cable :) but now i don`t know :)

--------------------------------------------------

Ive found solution:

Instead of pressing volume button and connecting it to usb, i`ve holded volume rocker down, and hit the on/off button, when tricolor screen appeared i`ve released volume button and THEN connected my phone to my PC via USB :)

Last edited:

rammst10

Sep 25, 2011
I had the 1.22.2250 SPL as well, but then I thought to myself that I don't need useless vodafone apps on my phone, I just need OEM apps because they are more useful than a shortcut to vodafone 360.

So, here's what I did:

1. Go here and download the appropriate ROM for your Trophy. You must get 7004/7008 version. You should download the appropriate ROM that matches the characteristic value of your phone. The ROMs in this thread are all branded, but flashing this ROM will downgrade your OS version and SPL version to 1.09 or 1.10 so you can HSPL later.

After the ROM has been downloaded, extract the zip file somewhere easy to find (eg. desktop).

2. Connect the phone by holding down volume down key and connect it via USB. Wait until appropriate drivers are installed. Flash the ROM you downloaded from step 1. This should take less than 10 minutes. After flashing, Trophy will restart and boot to normal. Turn it off. Your phone is still branded in this step.

3. After flashing, download DFT's RSPL/HSPL here and be sure to get the second version. Extract the files somewhere easy to find (eg. desktop). This tool will let you install customized ROMs/unbranded ROMs on your device. Therefore if you replace your SPL with HSPL, you will be able to install the unbranded Mango ROM.

4. Hold down volume down key on the Trophy, and connect it via USB. Trophy will go straight to bootloader state, and run the DFT_RSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH exe file . Select the nearest version of SPL shown on your Trophy, and click install. If Trophy reboots, flash was successful, if not, try again until you get RSPL.

5. After RSPL, do step 4 again, but this time, run DFT_HSPL_WP7FG2_LAUNCH and install HSPL, not OSPL. After HSPL, Trophy will reboot. If Trophy successfully boots to Windows Phone, then you have done it right.

7. Go here and download your ROM for Trophy which is RUU_Spark_S_HTC_Europe_4.06.401.00_5.69.09_RELEASE.exe. This is the unbranded ROM which will remove carrier (vodafone) apps.

8. Turn off Trophy and connect it by holding down volume down key and connect via USB so it goes straight to bootloader state, unzip the ROM downloaded from step 7 using winrar or winzip.

9. Open the extracted folder and delete SPL_signed.nbh as this will overwrite your current SPL and will brick your Trophy.

10. Run the rom update utility and happy flashing! Trophy should restart after flashing.

So there you have it. After setting up your Live account, you must go to the marketplace and download HTC Connection Setup and run it. This will configure your carrier settings (3G/HSDPA, MMS) to your phone since this Mango ROM is unbranded and does not carry and customization by your carrier (vodafone).

ijust do this. All ok!!
but i have a question. If i want to bo back to 7004/7008 version from Vodafone, do i have to delete again spl_signed??
Its the trophy unbranded totally??
Its because you say to install hpsl and then to delete sppl:signned, and i dont know if i have to delete spl_signned in all roms from this point.

thanks, sorry for my English, i speak spanish

downloaderintruder

Jul 1, 2008
Now the rgb screen says this:

pc40100 ss-bc (4k)
spl-4.6.2250.0 (129185) mng

If you want to go back, you will need to get the 7004/7008 version of the ROM with 401 CV. Check out ansars ROM in the Trophy forum and download that. Go to the bootloader state, and flash it straight to your phone, this will downgrade from 7720 to 7004/7008 (unbranded).

To go back to branded, first you must HSPL your device after downgrading, then download the original ROM for your trophy and flash it. You don't have to delete spl_signed file, you only had to delete this in the mango rom because it will brick the device since the spl version from mango had a huge leap from spl1 to spl4.

Be aware though, some Trophy users who flashed ansars ROMs didn't get past 7008 to get the PreNodo/Nodo update, so you can't use your backup at this time. I'm still looking for a solution on this, but since I don't really like branded phones I'm all good with my Trophy.

Reactions: rammst10

rammst10

Sep 25, 2011
If you want to go back, you will need to get the 7004/7008 version of the ROM with 401 CV. Check out ansars ROM in the Trophy forum and download that. Go to the bootloader state, and flash it straight to your phone, this will downgrade from 7720 to 7004/7008 (unbranded).

To go back to branded, first you must HSPL your device after downgrading, then download the original ROM for your trophy and flash it. You don't have to delete spl_signed file, you only had to delete this in the mango rom because it will brick the device since the spl version from mango had a huge leap from spl1 to spl4.

Be aware though, some Trophy users who flashed ansars ROMs didn't get past 7008 to get the PreNodo/Nodo update, so you can't use your backup at this time. I'm still looking for a solution on this, but since I don't really like branded phones I'm all good with my Trophy.

Ok then i understand that im totally unbranded. ok thats ok, i like it.
The next updates will come via zune??

thanks

downloaderintruder

Jul 1, 2008
Ok then i understand that im totally unbranded. ok thats ok, i like it.
The next updates will come via zune??

thanks

Updates will still go through via Zune.

For the problem regarding how to go back to your backup, here's a theory, IF there will be mango ROMs for our trophies like there's Nodo, we can install that ROM and restore our backup via Zune. That is, IF there will be Mango roms for our trophies with matching CV's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what I did to get the same ROM.

So, here's what I did:

Now the rgb screen says this:

pc40100 ss-bc (4k)
    spl-4.6.2250.0 (129185) mng