kfu not rooting..

Search This thread

mspallz

Jun 24, 2011
mysore
Kindle fire utility 0.9.5 did not root my kindle fire..

Guys here's what happened..I downloaded kfu 0.9.5(which is the latest available)....I assume that I had set up adb as kindle fire utility showed adb status as online and boot status as 4000..and I selected set up permanent root...it downloaded and installed twrp itself which is working perfectly alright..then I wanted to install google play and go launcher ex..play didn't install and go launcher got installed..when I installed titanium backup and set Cpu both applications said failed to get root access..but when I selected to set up permanent root account kfu said ur kindle fire has been rooted..with great power comes great responsibility..

What did I do wrong?please help...amazon app store is not available in my region...

technut

May 6, 2007
TAMPA,FL
In the KFU thread there are a few very helpful posts to straighten this out but it requires physically moving things,changing permissions etc... without KFU magically doing everything behind the scenes.I think page 122 and 124 will be helpful and also another page later in the thread also that I forgot to write down.I'm not sure(maybe someone else can verify?) but you could try to flash one of the new Roms with the built in gapps and you'd probablly be ok that way too.

dnathan13

Sep 17, 2010
Wouldn't it make sense to ask this in the kfu thread and wait patiently for help? Or you could ask in the q & a forum. The development forum is for thread pettainkng to developing something for the kindle, such as a rom, kernel, or utility. In the future direction this to the right place and people will be much happier to help you.

Did you make sure you have su installed? You may be rooted, but without the su app so that you can give rooted apps permissions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv

tipzilla

Jan 29, 2012
Parma
Kindle fire utility 0.9.5 did not root my kindle fire..

Guys here's what happened..I downloaded kfu 0.9.5(which is the latest available)....I assume that I had set up adb as kindle fire utility showed adb status as online and boot status as 4000..and I selected set up permanent root...it downloaded and installed twrp itself which is working perfectly alright..then I wanted to install google play and go launcher ex..play didn't install and go launcher got installed..when I installed titanium backup and set Cpu both applications said failed to get root access..but when I selected to set up permanent root account kfu said ur kindle fire has been rooted..with great power comes great responsibility..

What did I do wrong?please help...amazon app store is not available in my region...

I had the same problem rooting my 6.3 KF, I could get SU installed, but it would revert back to unrooted stock upon boot. So, instead I just installed twrp using the KFU, then I flashed a custom ROM and it works perfectly. If you want to stay stock I recommend Stock+ or Modaco, although I was having some issues getting Modaco to keep root. Best of luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wouldn't it make sense to ask this in the kfu thread and wait patiently for help? Or you could ask in the q & a forum. The development forum is for thread pettainkng to developing something for the kindle, such as a rom, kernel, or utility. In the future direction this to the right place and people will be much happier to help you.

Did you make sure you have su installed? You may be rooted, but without the su app so that you can give rooted apps permissions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium