[MOD] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering.

Search This thread

Tinmania

Nov 20, 2012
All I did was flashed stock rooted deodexed over my stock rooted and it fixed the settings stopped problem. Didn't loose data or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Thanks. I ended up flashing CleanROM AT&T Special Edition and it got me back up OK--and includes tethering.

Michael

jkpdon

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks. I ended up flashing CleanROM AT&T Special Edition and it got me back up OK--and includes tethering.

Michael

how do u like cleanrom? is it any better than stock rom? any performace imporvement. i only looking for battery perfomace. please feedback if theres any significant battery improvement.

thanks

Tinmania

Nov 20, 2012
Micheal,

I had to ODIN stock. there's no other way to fix i believe unless some experts can shed light here. If you need stock rom then u can find it on www.sammobile.com or just search under my posts and u will find the link. make sure u reboot in recovery and clean cache and wipe data clean first then load the stock rom.

Thank you. I did flash CleanROM AT&T but I wanted to download the stock ROM just in case. Going to go grab it now.

Michael

Tinmania

Nov 20, 2012
how do u like cleanrom? is it any better than stock rom? any performace imporvement. i only looking for battery perfomace. please feedback if theres any significant battery improvement.

thanks
I haven't been using it long enough to judge battery life but the comments I saw from others were positive about battery life.

But so far I like it. I first thought it would be an easier way to get tethering on AT&T since I couldn't get the mod here to work.

But it has some nifty features beyond that:

• Aroma Installer Options:
  • System Mods: Lidroid / Wanam 23 toggle Mod, MultiWindow Control Mod
  • Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
  • Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
  • AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office
  • App Stores:Google Play, Amazon App Store
  • File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
  • Google Apps: Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Gogle Now and Voice Search, Voice,
  • Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Polaris Office 4, Adobe Flash
  • Based on AT&T 'K7' OTA
  • Multi Window Control Mod to add or remove any app you want!
  • Lidroid / Wanam 23 Toggle Mod
  • WiFi Tether Unlocked!
  • Boot animation can be changed See post #2!
  • Unsecure boot image with init.d support!
  • Zip Align at Boot!
  • Performance and Stability that is nothing short of Legendary!
  • Extended Power Menu!

I am going to try CleanROM Ace in a few minutes, once my nandroid backup is finished. I think that is about the same but adds the ability to adjust the auto brightness function (whereas mine now works only one way).

Michael

rankitt

Oct 13, 2008
Hi I am using stock rom and just root, what zip file do I need to install as i tried the first one tetherenable.zip and it screwed up my settings, so i had to reinstall whole phone back, I am not a geek so if you can let me know what zip file should i use to install on my AT&T stock rom and enable wifi tethering. I would surely buy you a beer. Thanks

Regds,
Rankit

tomerg3

Jun 28, 2006
Clarification

First, thanks for the mod, I used it on my first Note 2 version and it was great!

I have just upgraded to 4.1.2 using android.gs/update-att-samsung-galaxy-note-2-i317-to-rooted-android-4-1-2-ucalk7-stock-firmware/

I read through some replies and saw that it was breaking multiview.

Has it been addressed? can it work with my rooted version?

Thanks again.

KinAndTonic

Feb 23, 2013
help!

Ok, so I flashed the zip on my AT&T Note 2. Afterwards I can actually tether through a 3rd party app, but when I try to access settings I get "unfortunately settings has stopped". Same.for my two Rom managers. Thinking it was the tetherprovisions app, I restored it with Titanium Backup, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Ugh!!!!

Flashed it and now Settings aren't working, keeps closing out on me... Didn't do a back up. >_< Keep getting a popup that says "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped / OK" grrrr

I am using TWRP.

Should I try wiping the dalvik cache first?
_

Also would this work on a i317 using a T-Mobile sim? If this winds up working for me... I'm on Scott's Stock Rooted De-Odex I317UCALK7

Last edited by a moderator:

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Just to NOTE. That AT&T Lte data plan & if your on an unlimited plan than your data cap is set to 10 gigs, b4 they slow you down. :what:
But we'll b using this thanx

Side note: when I tethered my Xbox from my phone they sent me a msg telling me about tethering plan. But just for normal use everyone will b ok. I get no msg from AT&T ever!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

I am on the unlimited plan. I have LTE. I pay 30 bucks a month. For me its 5 gigs a month right? I went passed 5 gigs last month. Did they move it to 10? Or are you talking about the 50 dollar unlimited plan, and I just got Lucky last month? Thanks

jmbrysk

Jun 21, 2010
Flashed it and now Settings aren't working, keeps closing out on me... Didn't do a back up. >_< Keep getting a popup that says "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped / OK" grrrr

I am using TWRP.

Should I try wiping the dalvik cache first?
_

Also would this work on a i317 using a T-Mobile sim? If this winds up working for me... I'm on Scott's Stock Rooted De-Odex I317UCALK7

Yeah this is happening to me too. Not just settings, everything is effed up

gigafast

Jul 11, 2007
Just tested this, and I get the settings has stopped as well. SGH I317M, rooted w/stock rom. I did back up beforehand so I'm back to normal thankfully.

Anything I can do to help test?

Same thing with me as well. Once flashed, many things become messed up. Luckily did a backup and restoring now.

Any other ideas?

eozdalga

Oct 21, 2010
Mountain View
Me too. Settings all F'd up, along with tons of stuff force closing. I lucky did a backup and once removing this flashed app, everything back to normal. I think you should mention these issues in the OP. I appreciate people trying to work around the fact the Samsung ridiculously removed bluetooth tether but this really killed a lot of time for no reason.

desrod

Nov 27, 2012
No longer works for AT&T GN2 devices

As others have noticed, AT&T now requires you to "phone home" before they open up the data connection for tethering.

They got smart, and are using some sort of SPI (i.e. MAC address inspection and packet sequencing checks) to block tethering if you haven't actually paid them for the additional bundle package that includes tethering.

Depressing, but we know that continued abuses would lead to this anyway.

sw1173

Jan 23, 2011
Palm Beach, FL
Same problem

Me too. Settings all F'd up, along with tons of stuff force closing. I lucky did a backup and once removing this flashed app, everything back to normal. I think you should mention these issues in the OP. I appreciate people trying to work around the fact the Samsung ridiculously removed bluetooth tether but this really killed a lot of time for no reason.

I have a legacy unlimited plan when they forced you to take it with the iPhone 3GS. They keep trying to get me off it as well as the voice plan. I don't think it's carrier but an issue with the mod. I tried it several times and settings FC. The guy who created the mod needs to fix it or take it down. Good idea lousy execution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. My first mod on the GNII. It's the result of ideas I had (modifying tetheringprovision.apk) and a bud (Electron73) had (modifying framework-res.apk) to restore the innate tethering ability of Android that AT$T loves to nuke for some reason...

The original idea came from Electron's thread post here and seeing as how I just got my new Note II I figured I'd try it out.. Eureka.. It works.

Again as you saw the idea was his.. Just a much cleaner mod that my modded Provision that fooled the simcard.

I've tested it on my device but as usual take the standard precautions... Back up before applying.

My phone is pure stock excluding this mod but I'm sure that'll be changing and I'll keep this up to date as I can.

Good luck and feedback is welcomed.

4Shared link - Flashable zipfile.. I use TWRP but should be fine in CWM.
    Ok try this and let me know its the stock DEODEXED lk7 framework-res with tethering.

Stock LK7 Modded
    Here you go it's a modified framework-res.apk from CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 and a CleanROM ATT SE 1.0 stock just in case something goes wrong.

Modded Framework Flashable zip

Stock Framework Flashabe zip

Grab them both just in case and flash the modded one in recovery
    Ok here you go...Stock odexed modified for tethering, and the stock files just in case something goes wrong. Both flashable in recovery.

Modded LK7 Odexed

Stock LK7 Odexed

Let me know if it works or not.
    Just to NOTE. That AT&T Lte data plan & if your on an unlimited plan than your data cap is set to 10 gigs, b4 they slow you down. :what:
    But we'll b using this thanx

Side note: when I tethered my Xbox from my phone they sent me a msg telling me about tethering plan. But just for normal use everyone will b ok. I get no msg from AT&T ever!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium