[KERNEL][AOSP/TW][4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.1/7.0][10/05/2016] KT747 - ND8 - KTweaker

Search This thread

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
Re: [KERNEL][SPRINT][AOSP/TOUCHWIZ-JELLYBEAN][2/9/2013] KT747-s LJ7 - KTweaker

Lol guys thats why i posted link to freeza thread above, as you say he said ma6 coming soon :)

mw86.png

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009

Im getting close guys. I need someone to post stock MA6 kernel so I can extract the ramdisk :D

There is no full ROM image tar file for MA6 yet, just the update. I can update if you want and send you my boot image once freeza gets the update uploaded.

I am rooted though, don't know if that makes a difference or not?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mw86 and Phung

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
There is no full ROM image tar file for MA6 yet, just the update. I can update if you want and send you my boot image once freeza gets the update uploaded.

Sounds good, Im about to do a test compile right now :good:

evoandroidevo

Oct 26, 2010
Texas
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5

I think in order to update as of right now you need to be unrooted and stock recovery? Stock recovery for sure tho

As of right now I mean that there's no rooted ota update yet

Sent From My AOKP Galaxy S III From Sprint

Reactions: mw86

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009

I think in order to update as of right now you need to be unrooted and stock recovery? Stock recovery for sure tho

As of right now I mean that there's no rooted ota update yet

Sent From My AOKP Galaxy S III From Sprint

Yeah I know. I'm not going back to stock to update which is why I'm waiting on freeza.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

All I am looking for is the boot.img, it will be in the OTA if you know how to extract it:good:

Is that the whole kernel though not just an update with only a partial file system?

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Yeah I know. I'm not going back to stock to update which is why I'm waiting on freeza.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Is that the whole kernel though not just an update with only a partial file system?

It will be the whole thing. Anybody friends with freeza? Maybe he will send a link the boot.img for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phung

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Ok, kernel is built :good: and ready for them :highfive: :cowboy:

Maybe I am a newb to this, but the update file I unzipped has not boot.img file in it. I am guessing I have to do something else to get that file out of it. I'm not that experienced in turning update zip files actually into boot.img and other img files.

ktoonsez

Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Maybe I am a newb to this, but the update file I unzipped has not boot.img file in it. I am guessing I have to do something else to get that file out of it. I'm not that experienced in turning update zip files actually into boot.img and other img files.

Thanks for trying man :good:. It is a process and I cant remember where the link is for the guide :(

Reactions: Phung

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
THIS KERNEL IS ONLY FOR THE NEW MA6 JB 4.1.2 LEAK!!!!!!!!! DO NOT FLASH ON ANY OTHER ROM

Thanks to freeza for the stock kernel upload so I could get the ramdisk

Download here
http://goo.gl/ExziV

Let me know if everything is good and I will add to OP.

Thanks. I get a boot loop though. I flashed back the LJ7 update that freeza made that took me back to stock kernel. I then updated the modem and firmware and installed the update for MA6 from freeza. Let it boot up for the first time. It worked just fine. I then went back and installed the new kernel, wiped cache and dalvik, and then on reboot I get boot loop.

Anyone else having this issue? Any other suggestion on how I should have done it?

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

Thanks. I get a boot loop though. I flashed back the LJ7 update that freeza made that took me back to stock kernel. I then updated the modem and firmware and installed the update for MA6 from freeza. Let it boot up for the first time. It worked just fine. I then went back and installed the new kernel, wiped cache and dalvik, and then on reboot I get boot loop.

Anyone else having this issue? Any other suggestion on how I should have done it?

What ROM are you on?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/TexasEpic/ThePeoplesROM-KennyGlass123/daniel4653.png

slickdaddy96

Sep 8, 2009
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts