[Q]Viber not showing old messages!

Search This thread

Alexairway

Oct 9, 2008
Athens,GR
Hello

I am facing a very weird problem with viber..I cant go to my previous messages after about 6 pages of conversations..has anybody had the same problem with viber?its very weird cause nobody says anything online about it. I am using a GNote and my girlfriend a nexus and we both have the same problem. after a while it says no more messages to show and we have messages over a month.is there a limit of how many messages viber stores or is just something with our phones? please help :(

Last edited:

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi there,

This is Viber's official rep.
I'm here to help. :)

Have you uninstalled/deactivated Viber lately?

Reactions: miinka

Alexairway

Oct 9, 2008
Athens,GR
Yes and I had an official reply it auto deletes the messages after a long conversation or after 14 days..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Unfortunately, Viber's chat history is automatically deleted when reinstalling/deactivating Viber. This is why we recommend our users to use Viber's backup option and export their chat history onto email, in order to have a backup of it frequently.

We apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused.

klent

Feb 20, 2013
Unfortunately, Viber's chat history is automatically deleted when reinstalling/deactivating Viber. This is why we recommend our users to use Viber's backup option and export their chat history onto email, in order to have a backup of it frequently.

Hi Viber,

I'm having a similar issue, me and my girlfriend can only view about 6 pages of old messages (I cannot scroll down more than 6 pages) though we have more messages than those 6 pages. My girlfriend reinstalled Viber once but as I remember, it was far before than the date showing on the oldest message (on the page 6th). Is this a limitation of Viber of maybe we have problems with our phones? Or wrong setting I dont know? We are both using Viber v2.3.2 on Sony Xperia S, android 4.0.4. Please help :(

Or is there anyway to auto backup our messages?

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

srkhan

Jan 11, 2008

message should store your viber server like face-book messenger

silent_bob52637

Jul 15, 2010
edinburgh
No your messages should not be stored on the server for staff to read. line messenger does the same its erased everytime a sign in occurs its called security
What are tou sending via a text based messaging system that you need to save for so long

Sent from my LG-D722 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

This is Viber's official rep.
    I'm here to help. :)

Have you uninstalled/deactivated Viber lately?