[ROOT] Xperia SP root most resent firmware version 12.0.A.2.254 (Updated)

Search This thread
Hello i made this post so everyone can follow the instructions.

THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED NOW .0.266 IS OUT WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL YOUR PHONE FIRMWARE WILL BE OUTDATED YOU CAN USE THIS METHOD FOR .0.266 BUT IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE IT WILL BE NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY

If you want to try to root your phone using this method ill leave a kernel link for .0.266 below in the download section

For a tested root method for 0.266 try my guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656772

Doomlord gives some pretty clear instructions but a noob like my self some things does not make sence.
So i will post every step from the original thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405933

And i will just add some details to every step.

So the steps to root your phone are.

1)Download the three files from the download section below (the 3 files in the original thread or in this thread i will put the same excact files)
2)open FlashTool and flash the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf - 6.78 MB file, this is JUST the kernel of an older firmware which was rootable
2.1)open FlashTool and press the Lightning button
2.2)Select flashmode and then press ok
2.3)Select the kernel (ftf file) you want to flash .(for the first flasing as said above is the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf file)
2.4)Unlpug and Power down the device
2.5)Wait 5 Seconds and the Plug it HOLDING the Volume Down button (this will put the device into flashmode)
2.6)When it says that the flashing is done unplug and power up the phone to make sure everything went as planned.
3)After the device booted up enable debugging mode (Settings->Developer Options -> Debugging Mode)
4)CLOSE FLASHTOOL <<< VVVIMP STEP
5)Extract the files from the DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip in the root directory (anywhere you want basically Doomlord suggested the C directory but any will work just fine)
!!! ATTENTION AS DOOMLORD REFFERED IN THE ORIGINAL TUTORIAL THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL BECAUSE THE PHONE WONT BE ROOTED WITH A PREVIOUS VERSION DOWNLOAD THE FILE FROM THIS DESCRIPTION OR THE ORIGINAL THREAD
6.0) FOR THIS STEPP your phone needs to be in Debugging Mode AND have Unknown Sources Checked (if not go to Settings->Security -> Unknown sources)
6.1) execute runme_ file corresponding to your OS on desktop PC, this will execute a SPECIAL version of my easy rooting toolkit <<< VVVIMP STEP
6.1a) If you run windows on your PC run the "runme_win.bat" file
6.1b) If you run Linux on your PC run the "runme_linux.sh" file
6.1c) If you run Macintoish (Mac) on your PC run the "runme_mac.sh" file
6.2) Just double click the file to excecute
6.3) A window will pop up.Follow the instructions to root your phone (your phone must be in debugging mode (as said above) AND have unknown sources checked (if not watch step 6.0)
6.4)When the phone is rooted it will restart
7) Check if your phone is rooted.
7.1)Open App Drawer and search for an App called SuperSU (it will be the latest version)
7.2)Open The App and check that everything is ok.If a window pops up saying that the Super SU binary was not found something in the root proccess went wrong)
8) Once you checked the root state of your device reopen FlashTool.
8.1)once in FlashTool press the Lightning button
8.2)Select flashmode and then press ok
8.3)Select the kernel (ftf file) you want to flash .(for the second flashing you will use the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.2.254_KernelOnly.ftf file)
8.4)Unlpug and Power down the device
8.5)Wait 5 Seconds and the Plug it HOLDING the Volume Down button (this will put the device into flashmode)
8.6)When it says that the flashing is done unplug and power up the phone to make sure everything went as planned.
9) Once the phone boots enjoy your newly rooted phone :)

The 3 Files you need:
1)http://d-h.st/Kh7 .257 Kernel File
2)http://d-h.st/1Gp Doomlords Root Toolkit
3)http://d-h.st/4EO .254 Kernel

4)https://mega.co.nz/#!yclEiIjY!yvOW6UzCJnnisamK26uLjmbAetl5mUbv4EyeyXmteTk .0.266 Android 4.3 update (Most recent orignal FW released by sony)

Do you have Windows 8 and you cant find a way to install the ADB drivers ?
check this forum thread now :D
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583801

THIS THREAD HAS TEACHING PURPOSES ONLY!!! THIS WAS NOT CREATED BY ME BUT DOOMLORD!!!ALL RIGHTS ARE HIS!! ALWAYS CHECK THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FOR INFO BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS\
Creator : Doomlord

Last edited:
That's nice for noob bro and even a intermediate like me..:D

its nice to see younger members putting things like step by step..thnks bud.:D

Thank you and you are welcome!!!
I am not a complete noob but i had a difficulty flashing the kernel and i was not familiar with flashtool so i made this guide!
And again thank you for your kind words :D

Reactions: Prm593

max_rockzz

Dec 31, 2010
New delhi
Flashtool says > Drivers need to be installed

2.3)Select the kernel (ftf file) you want to flash .(for the first flasing as said above is the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf file)
2.5)Wait 5 Seconds and the Plug it HOLDING the Volume Down button (this will put the device into flashmode)

After the step 2.5, the device shows the green light (indicating the flashmode)
but in the Flashtool it says :

31/039/2013 18:39:55 - ERROR - Drivers need to be installed for connected device.
31/039/2013 18:39:55 - ERROR - You can find them in the drivers folder of Flashtool.

31/040/2013 18:40:06 - INFO - Device disconnected
31/040/2013 18:40:16 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
31/040/2013 18:40:16 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Apparently, the device goes into flashmode but flashtool doesn't detect it in there maybe because of some missing drivers, and the device turns off again. (If I'm getting it right)
I then tried to install drivers via C:/Flashtool/drivers/Flashtool-drivers.exe >> Xperia Z and SO-02E drivers + Flashmode Drivers + Flashboot Drivers

Repeating the process, gives the same results as mentioned above.

Please help.

Apparently, the device goes into flashmode but flashtool doesn't detect it in there maybe because of some missing drivers, and the device turns off again. (If I'm getting it right)
I then tried to install drivers via C:/Flashtool/drivers/Flashtool-drivers.exe >> Xperia Z and SO-02E drivers + Flashmode Drivers + Flashboot Drivers

Please help.

By Sellecting the Xperia Z you install the drivers for the Xperia Z NOT the SP.Shut your phone without opening flashtool then plug the cable while holding down the Volume Down button (so it boots in flashmode).
Your PC will install the Flashmode drivers
Then To be sure open flashtool click devices and then check drivers
It should show some items in the list
( I got this from mine
Code:
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  - List of connected devices (Device Id) :
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  -       - USB\VID_0FCE&PID_5195\YT9106T3Z8             	Driver installed : true
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  -       - USB\VID_0FCE&PID_5195&MI_00\6&2298B7A2&0&0000	Driver installed : true
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  -       - USB\VID_0FCE&PID_5195&MI_01\6&2298B7A2&0&0001	Driver installed : true
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  - List of ADB devices :
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  -       - YT9106T3Z8
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  - List of fastboot devices :
31/021/2013 17:21:08 - INFO  -       - none
)
If you dont see anything a trick that i did and worked for me is that i go to Devices --> Manage --> Import --> Sony Xperia SP
If you dont get anything in "Import" you must go to Devices --> Manage --> Export --> Xperia SP --> Devices --> Manage --> Import --> Sony Xperia SP

I hope this will fix your driver problem.

Reactions: GaEul

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012

Please help.

Try installing this: CLICK HERE

karma123

Mar 16, 2012
No it doesn't, there are a lot of guides that shows up how to do it

Enviado desde mi C5302 usando Tapatalk 4

mabdullah007

Feb 13, 2011
I have try but i struck at step where you have to flash the older frimware ( .257) which is rooted one ....when i flash the older frimware(.254) after rebooting it show (.245) which is the newer one ......so what to do ........

I have try but i struck at step where you have to flash the older frimware ( .257) which is rooted one ....when i flash the older frimware(.254) after rebooting it show (.245) which is the newer one ......so what to do ........

245 is the new firmware
1 u flash 257
2 u root it
3 u flash 245 to get up to date
Simple as that
Edit : also download the original files from this post.
Ps: when i did the procedure it showed that my firmware version after flashing was 257 anyway try to root it and then flash 245 it may be just a display bug
Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: mabdullah007

sarkissmae

Jan 12, 2013
hello, sorry to interrupt but i guess this is a very noob question. i can't flash the kernel only (files provided by doomlord). after opening the flashtool, i select flashmode and after that, in selecting the firmware, there's no .257 kernel only, and flashtool doesn't recognize the files because its not in the ftf format because its in the .zip format. please help me on what to do, cause i'm not getting it. and can someone give me a clear instruction on how to flash the kernel only. thank you in advance.

edit: problem solved! just a little google will help :p

Last edited:
hello, sorry to interrupt but i guess this is a very noob question. i can't flash the kernel only (files provided by doomlord). after opening the flashtool, i select flashmode and after that, in selecting the firmware, there's no .257 kernel only, and flashtool doesn't recognize the files because its not in the ftf format because its in the .zip format. please help me on what to do, cause i'm not getting it. and can someone give me a clear instruction on how to flash the kernel only. thank you in advance.

edit: problem solved! just a little google will help :p

Ok thanks for the notice but you can post it anyway so the next member with the same problem can see it

sarkissmae

Jan 12, 2013
Ok thanks for the notice but you can post it anyway so the next member with the same problem can see it

i just realize that the file extensions of each file is hidden that's why i cannot change it at all. for example, the file provided by doomlord, it is in the .zip format, if i don't delete the .zip extension, it will not change at all even though i put .ftf extension on the last part of the file. so what i did is i go to control panel > folder options > under the View tab, i uncheck the hide extensions for known file type. after that, you can remove the .zip extension and change it to .ftf. i just realized this after searching at google. i hope this can help other members out there who has experienced the same difficulty as me.

i just realize that the file extensions of each file is hidden that's why i cannot change it at all. for example, the file provided by doomlord, it is in the .zip format, if i don't delete the .zip extension, it will not change at all even though i put .ftf extension on the last part of the file. so what i did is i go to control panel > folder options > under the View tab, i uncheck the hide extensions for known file type. after that, you can remove the .zip extension and change it to .ftf. i just realized this after searching at google. i hope this can help other members out there who has experienced the same difficulty as me.

Thanks for sharing the solution!

corel159

Aug 23, 2013
i tried to flash it on the firmware version 12.0.A.1.284

but it dosnt work !!! any ideas ?? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello i made this post so everyone can follow the instructions.

THIS GUIDE IS OUTDATED NOW .0.266 IS OUT WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL YOUR PHONE FIRMWARE WILL BE OUTDATED YOU CAN USE THIS METHOD FOR .0.266 BUT IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE IT WILL BE NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY

If you want to try to root your phone using this method ill leave a kernel link for .0.266 below in the download section

For a tested root method for 0.266 try my guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2656772

Doomlord gives some pretty clear instructions but a noob like my self some things does not make sence.
    So i will post every step from the original thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405933

And i will just add some details to every step.

So the steps to root your phone are.

1)Download the three files from the download section below (the 3 files in the original thread or in this thread i will put the same excact files)
    2)open FlashTool and flash the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.1.257_KernelOnly.ftf - 6.78 MB file, this is JUST the kernel of an older firmware which was rootable
    2.6)When it says that the flashing is done unplug and power up the phone to make sure everything went as planned.
    3)After the device booted up enable debugging mode (Settings->Developer Options -> Debugging Mode)
    4)CLOSE FLASHTOOL <<< VVVIMP STEP
    5)Extract the files from the DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip in the root directory (anywhere you want basically Doomlord suggested the C directory but any will work just fine)
    !!! ATTENTION AS DOOMLORD REFFERED IN THE ORIGINAL TUTORIAL THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL BECAUSE THE PHONE WONT BE ROOTED WITH A PREVIOUS VERSION DOWNLOAD THE FILE FROM THIS DESCRIPTION OR THE ORIGINAL THREAD
    6.0) FOR THIS STEPP your phone needs to be in Debugging Mode AND have Unknown Sources Checked (if not go to Settings->Security -> Unknown sources)
    6.1) execute runme_ file corresponding to your OS on desktop PC, this will execute a SPECIAL version of my easy rooting toolkit <<< VVVIMP STEP
    6.1a) If you run windows on your PC run the "runme_win.bat" file
    6.1b) If you run Linux on your PC run the "runme_linux.sh" file
    6.1c) If you run Macintoish (Mac) on your PC run the "runme_mac.sh" file
    6.2) Just double click the file to excecute
    6.3) A window will pop up.Follow the instructions to root your phone (your phone must be in debugging mode (as said above) AND have unknown sources checked (if not watch step 6.0)
    6.4)When the phone is rooted it will restart
    7) Check if your phone is rooted.
    7.1)Open App Drawer and search for an App called SuperSU (it will be the latest version)
    7.2)Open The App and check that everything is ok.If a window pops up saying that the Super SU binary was not found something in the root proccess went wrong)
    8) Once you checked the root state of your device reopen FlashTool.
    8.1)once in FlashTool press the Lightning button
    8.2)Select flashmode and then press ok
    8.3)Select the kernel (ftf file) you want to flash .(for the second flashing you will use the XperiaSP_C530X_12.0.A.2.254_KernelOnly.ftf file)
    8.4)Unlpug and Power down the device
    8.5)Wait 5 Seconds and the Plug it HOLDING the Volume Down button (this will put the device into flashmode)
    8.6)When it says that the flashing is done unplug and power up the phone to make sure everything went as planned.
    9) Once the phone boots enjoy your newly rooted phone :)

The 3 Files you need:
    1)http://d-h.st/Kh7 .257 Kernel File
    2)http://d-h.st/1Gp Doomlords Root Toolkit
    3)http://d-h.st/4EO .254 Kernel

4)https://mega.co.nz/#!yclEiIjY!yvOW6UzCJnnisamK26uLjmbAetl5mUbv4EyeyXmteTk .0.266 Android 4.3 update (Most recent orignal FW released by sony)

Do you have Windows 8 and you cant find a way to install the ADB drivers ?
    check this forum thread now :D
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583801

THIS THREAD HAS TEACHING PURPOSES ONLY!!! THIS WAS NOT CREATED BY ME BUT DOOMLORD!!!ALL RIGHTS ARE HIS!! ALWAYS CHECK THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FOR INFO BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE STEPS\
    Creator : Doomlord
    That's nice for noob bro and even a intermediate like me..:D

its nice to see younger members putting things like step by step..thnks bud.:D

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Please help.

Try installing this: CLICK HERE