4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

deepen915

May 8, 2013
Official date as of leaked Carrier Software update rollout schedule!

It's kind of late, and Verizon gets it on Oct. 28th.. lucky SOBs

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-release-schedule-286484/

samsung-android-4-3.jpg

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
What will 4.3 add to or fix or make better in our S4's still running stock 4.2.2 TW ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Radukk

Jul 25, 2010
Trim support and low battery consuming location track? I don't really see any difference between GS4 TW and Note3 TW.

Reactions: jesemalave1

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
How do those of us rooted on ATT MF3 stock 4.2.2 get the official ATT 4.3 update next month ? We can't flash ROM's like the rest of the world can :( Well we have Safestrap, but that's just a bandaid, and can't do 4.3 ROM's anyways. I am rooted on stock. How would I get the 4.3 update next month ?

I am hoping with the official ATT 4.3 update, maybe come with new firmware, it may allow us to get true recovery ? Or am I just dreaming ?

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
How do those of us rooted on ATT MF3 stock 4.2.2 get the official ATT 4.3 update next month ? We can't flash ROM's like the rest of the world can :( Well we have Safestrap, but that's just a bandaid, and can't do 4.3 ROM's anyways. I am rooted on stock. How would I get the 4.3 update next month ?

I am hoping with the official ATT 4.3 update, maybe come with new firmware, it may allow us to get true recovery ? Or am I just dreaming ?

I'd say you were dreaming.

As far as getting the update goes, just remove safestrap and unroot. A search should help you find out how. Good luck.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
Well will the official ATT 4.3 update, maybe help Safestrap, to finally allow 4.3 ROM's to work ?

Just blows that ATT is doing this crap. I updated my Wife and I phones, both got brand new S4's for $99 ea. plus credit by exchanging in our old HTC phones, so at the end of the day 2 brand new S4's on contract only cost us $50 out the door total.

Just blows they come with MF3 by default.

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well will the official ATT 4.3 update, maybe help Safestrap, to finally allow 4.3 ROM's to work ?

Just blows that ATT is doing this crap. I updated my Wife and I phones, both got brand new S4's for $99 ea. plus credit by exchanging in our old HTC phones, so at the end of the day 2 brand new S4's on contract only cost us $50 out the door total.

I hear ya. I got my S4 in September and of course it was pre-loaded with MF3. I'm contemplating giving it to my wife as an upgrade to her Skyrocket and get the Nexus 5. I probably should have waited for it looking back. I honestly didn't think the bootloader would be nearly impossible to unlock.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.

Is there any hope in the future of unlocking our phones ? Will a future firmware update have an exploit to be found, and allow Recovery ? Or are S4's with MF3 permanently locked down tight forever ?

Thing is I do like this S4 a lot. I am just rooted only on stock 4.2.2, to remove the bloat and crap apps, plus to install Greenify, Droidwall, AdAway, etc...phone is fast with great battery life now, and good size and looks great in my Neo Hybrid case.

Just wish we could freely ROM this phone with CWM Recovery, like the good old days of earlier Samsung phones.

hovax615@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2009
Corona, CA - Murfreesboro, TN

As long as you didn't freeze the att update in the app manager you will receive the update no matter rooted or not. Your just dreaming for right now until the official release is out it'll take several months before someone finds and exploit.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

You should go return them and ask them to see tue box first and you want the ones with MDL if they still have it.

Reactions: greazy1

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
As long as you didn't freeze the att update in the app manager you will receive the update no matter rooted or not. Your just dreaming for right now until the official release is out it'll take several months before someone finds and exploit.

From my experience with the MF3 update, if you have root and have modified your system it will fail a file check and won't update immediately.

For MF3 users with Safestrap and root, this will probably end up being just as locked as MF3 was if not more. If anyone really wants to take the OTA then Safestrap could be used to flash the neutered MF3 zip to restore system to original and keep data, and then run the update.

If by chance root is found for MJ6 and Safestrap is updated to be compatible, we'd then be stuck on TW 4.3 ROMS instead of TW 4.2.2. That's the only option to run any 4.3 until a kexec exploit is found for Safestrap, and I don't know how hard that is to do, much less to load an AOSP kernel over TW, and much much less to load any 4.3 kernel over a 4.2.2 one.

Right now the best bet for MF3 users is to stay on MF3 and wait for either a neutered update that would work in the stock slot, so we could move between MF3 and MJ6 and run either at our discretion (this requires root to be found, Safestrap to be updated, and hope that the current bootloader will take it just fine) or wait for kexec or something else to free us.

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
I know way off topic, but I hope when ATT releases the S5 early Spring next year, it doesn't ship with a MF3 style locked down system ?

When ATT first released the S4, this year, how easy and fast was root and recovery working ?

And how long has MF3 been out ?

I just got my S4 ten days ago, might as well try and check at Best Buy if they have the 'MDL' version still in stock ?

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
I know way off topic, but I hope when ATT releases the S5 early Spring next year, it doesn't ship with a MF3 style locked down system ?

When ATT first released the S4, this year, how easy and fast was root and recovery working ?

And how long has MF3 been out ?

I just got my S4 ten days ago, might as well try and check at Best Buy if they have the 'MDL' version still in stock ?

Every phone att releases now will be tighter than the previous phone. Since mf3 is this tight, imagine the s5.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts