HOX constantly rebooting after official HTC update to jelly bean

Search This thread

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Try leaving your phone to charge overnight and unlock its bootloader the next morning than follow the required steps to flash a recovery. On the recovery itself, try to make a factory reset of your stock rom and see whether it can still work or not.

If can't than you'll just have to give custom rom a try to see how it goes than :)

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron

Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK

Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue :)

Last edited:

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue :)

Thank you all for your answers!

I got it yesterday to about 10%, so maybe i will be able to do it again, can you tell me how can I flash this recovery? I saw that the boot loader is locked (On the top of the bootloader there is a pink line sais locked) can I still flash?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery

That is what i was afraid of, do you think i can get to 30% with this method?
How do i unlock the bootloader?

I talked to HTC today, because the 1 year has passed they suggested only out of warranty repair so...

What do you suggest?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Fastboot getvar version-main

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.

Will i be able to flash ruu after replacing the recovery?

How will i know that i got to 30% ?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Flashing a ruu doesnt need any changes to the phone ! It's locked and stock. Ruu's can be flashed straight away that way. See if you can reach that 3700-3800 mV

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
I finally got it to 3785....

My phone is s-off with cid:11111111 so I tried to run the following RUU:

RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.31_R_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed

And I got img error, any thoughts?

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
OK,

Because i couldn't install the other RUU, I thought I should upgrade my hboot, I used the JBFWFlasher tool from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1924003

This changed my hboot to 1.33 and my cid to 621

So I downloaded and flashed:
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_hTC_Asia_TW_3.14.709.20_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_292865_signed

Finally the system is up and running.

I am still checking to see if everything is working, do you think i will be able to update to 4.2.2?

Thanks a lot guys for all your help

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
What's your main version

And did you run the ruu with admin rights ?

Another option is to flash the 3.14.401 firmware, that will lift the hboot to 1.39. It's stable and then you can install any rom you want. Then you have at least a clean sense 5 rom.

Last edited:

LazySheep

Apr 15, 2008
Finally!

After flashing the ruu I managed to get the system up and running, I even managed to get to OTA for 4.2.2 ROM with sense 5, it seems to work fine now

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-30-09-41-59.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-30-09-41-59.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 13

Top Liked Posts