M7 RED went for HTC repair - should i worry?

Search This thread

liav12

Jan 27, 2009
Rishon Lezyion
Hi
yesterday i sent my htc M7 for a repair after the motherboard died or something like that.
the phone just stopped working , will not turn on or charge with no reason, 2 months old, bought it in January and few days ago stopped working at all.

so the guys at the lab told me it needed a new board - which mean they will need to totally open it.

the main question is - do you think the phone will return a fully and scratchless?
i kept mine totally clean from scratches or dents - i even took pictures of it before sending it.

from what i know its almost impossible to fix it without ruining something els..thats what im afraid of.
mine is in RED color - and in Israel they sell only the Silver (got mine from a store that got it from Malaysa).

did anyone experienced any trouble with HTC technical support?

Thank you.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi
yesterday i sent my htc M7 for a repair after the motherboard died or something like that.
the phone just stopped working , will not turn on or charge with no reason, 2 months old, bought it in January and few days ago stopped working at all.

so the guys at the lab told me it needed a new board - which mean they will need to totally open it.

the main question is - do you think the phone will return a fully and scratchless?
i kept mine totally clean from scratches or dents - i even took pictures of it before sending it.

from what i know its almost impossible to fix it without ruining something els..thats what im afraid of.
mine is in RED color - and in Israel they sell only the Silver (got mine from a store that got it from Malaysa).

Thank you.

My red One went for a camera repair. They sent it in a better condition than what I sent it in :)
They had polished it, etc.
No, they're experts in this. The phone ideally wont be damaged by HTC Service Centre

Reactions: liav12

litlnicky

Jul 16, 2012
dont worry man , my red htc one went in repair too, motherboard died too, flashing summat wrong lol, they gave it back in top condition , not one scratch man , best of luk

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
They have a special machine that opens these phones without damaging it. Apparently. Personally, I believe that they just send you a new phone because mine came back with a different IMEI number for a problem that had nothing to do with the motherboard.

chc31

Feb 14, 2012
Hi

Thank you.

Like the guy above me said, they have a tool to open it. Plus it's HTC, not the repair shop down the street. I would trust that they take the utmost care in fixing your product. Any company is supposed to do that. They made the phone, they can disassemble it with ease. You're worried because you saw these stupid people who try to disassemble their phones in ridiculous ways. They have a tool, dint worry

liav12

Jan 27, 2009
Rishon Lezyion
Thank you guys for the fast replies.
i've never had a situation when i needed the repair service before, but there is always a first time.

i'll post back when ill get the phone, hope it will be as good as new
:p

Reactions: chc31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Thank you.

My red One went for a camera repair. They sent it in a better condition than what I sent it in :)
    They had polished it, etc.
    No, they're experts in this. The phone ideally wont be damaged by HTC Service Centre
    dont worry man , my red htc one went in repair too, motherboard died too, flashing summat wrong lol, they gave it back in top condition , not one scratch man , best of luk
    They have a special machine that opens these phones without damaging it. Apparently. Personally, I believe that they just send you a new phone because mine came back with a different IMEI number for a problem that had nothing to do with the motherboard.
    Hi

Thank you.

Like the guy above me said, they have a tool to open it. Plus it's HTC, not the repair shop down the street. I would trust that they take the utmost care in fixing your product. Any company is supposed to do that. They made the phone, they can disassemble it with ease. You're worried because you saw these stupid people who try to disassemble their phones in ridiculous ways. They have a tool, dint worry
    Thank you guys for the fast replies.
    i've never had a situation when i needed the repair service before, but there is always a first time.

i'll post back when ill get the phone, hope it will be as good as new
    :p