Lock screen widget?

Search This thread

ATOJAR

Aug 14, 2010
Middlesbrough
Hey all.

Does anybody have any idea how you change/remove widgets from the lock screen?

I'm using knock knock code, I have the large clock in the top half but wanted to change it to a calendar.

I can't for the life of me work out how your do this!

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 Using Tapatalk.

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Hey all.

I'm using knock knock code, I have the large clock in the top half but wanted to change it to a calendar.

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks.

Swipe the clock widget to the right, then swipe back to the clock/unlock screen. Then you will be able to long-press on the clock and remove it. Then you'll see 'tap to add widgets' and you can choose the calendar.

Reactions: ATOJAR

ATOJAR

Aug 14, 2010
Middlesbrough
Yeah, Ive tried that, It just does this lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-03-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-03-05.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 243

ATOJAR

Aug 14, 2010
Middlesbrough
Yip, Tried that ... Same thing ..

Trying to work out what the arrow at the bottom is for, it dont see to do anything.

I never even used to have the knock knock cope option, I updated my phone via the support tool, I have the knock know code but cant change the lock screen widget. I mean even when im on the lock screen i used to be able to swipe right to start the camera and now i cant even do that.

I'm thinking something has been changed in the update, Can anybody on the same build as me confirm they can still swipe from the lock screen to start the camera app and change lock screen widgets? ... Its definitely different than before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-40-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-40-33.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-45-49.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-13-17-45-49.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 209

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Try using swipe lock screen and lock your device. Then wake the device. Swipe down on the clock. Then press and hold the widget. You should then have the ability to remove it. If you have no other lock screen widget, you will end up with a huge + giving you the option to add another widget. If this doesn't work (it should), reboot and try again.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1402700623594.jpg
    1402700623594.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: ATOJAR

ATOJAR

Aug 14, 2010
Middlesbrough
It wont budge, Before if i had a pin code at the lock screen set i could just swipe the pin code area down, It then ask me for my pin, I could then long press the clock and a option to "remove" would be at the top of my screen, When the widget area was blank i would see a large + sigh, I could tap this and be given a number of widgets i could put there!

The clock just wont budge now no matter what i try! :confused:

MarstMachi

Jun 23, 2014
Chicago
Same Deal Here

Ever since the update, it seems I can't remove the default clock widget either. Swiping down does bring up the arrow (just as it used to) but it won't stay on long enough to long press the clock (as soon as you take your finger off it goes back to normal). I'm going to do some experimenting with WidgetLocker, see if I can't get it back to where I want it (obviously figuring this out would be ideal, but I'm starting to wonder if it's possible anymore. I've seen articles about enabling widgets, but haven't found what they're telling me to look for).

Edit: Got it figured out. It turns out I had somehow turned off the lockscreen widgets & disabled the feature through Secure Settings.

Last edited:

MarstMachi

Jun 23, 2014
Chicago
It wont budge, Before if i had a pin code at the lock screen set i could just swipe the pin code area down, It then ask me for my pin, I could then long press the clock and a option to "remove" would be at the top of my screen, When the widget area was blank i would see a large + sigh, I could tap this and be given a number of widgets i could put there!

The clock just wont budge now no matter what i try! :confused:

Don't know if you've been back to this thread but changing Secure Settings settings worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all.

Anybody got any idea?

Thanks.

Swipe the clock widget to the right, then swipe back to the clock/unlock screen. Then you will be able to long-press on the clock and remove it. Then you'll see 'tap to add widgets' and you can choose the calendar.
    Try it without Knock Code (with swipe).
    Try using swipe lock screen and lock your device. Then wake the device. Swipe down on the clock. Then press and hold the widget. You should then have the ability to remove it. If you have no other lock screen widget, you will end up with a huge + giving you the option to add another widget. If this doesn't work (it should), reboot and try again.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app