Please Help Tried Updating to 4.4 Kitkat Bricked

Search This thread

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008
Ok so I tried updating my phone that was already rooted on Android 4.3 S-OFF to 4.4 kitkat with sinless rom sense. Transferred the rom zip to my phone, then proceeded to wipe the system and data, as well as davalik cache with clockworkmod recovery. Attempted to flash the rom and it aborted. Tried a few times and nothing worked. Didn't realize till after that my phone had no OS, and now all I can do is enter the bootloader. Can't enter recovery as the phone will enter clockworkmod then abort and reboot the phone. Not sure what to do at this point as I tried one of the guides and couldn't figure it out. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. At least I backed everything up on my computer manually and am using my iPhone 4 until I can get this fixed. Thanks in advance.

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
Try reflashing recovery then if that works ad b push or usb otg a working Rom to your phone

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008
Try reflashing recovery then if that works ad b push or usb otg a working Rom to your phone

How do I reflash recovery when I can't access the filesystem? Do I need to setup ADB and connect to my phone via command line to initiate the transfer? Can you link me to a thread that explains how to setup ADB in a case like this? Thanks

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
You need to reflash cwm. I'll try find a link. But after recovery is working you would have to use ad b to sideload the Rom. Have you tried from bootloader fastboot erase cache?

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008
You need to reflash cwm. I'll try find a link. But after recovery is working you would have to use ad b to sideload the Rom. Have you tried from bootloader fastboot erase cache?

My biggest issue is being able to reflash clockworkmod. If I could that out of the way, I already have the rom on the phone storage, so I should in theory be able to reflash I'd think.

I don't have the option to delete cache within the bootloader under fastboot

Last edited:

hardstuffmuc

Jul 22, 2010
Munich
How do I reflash recovery when I can't access the filesystem? Do I need to setup ADB and connect to my phone via command line to initiate the transfer? Can you link me to a thread that explains how to setup ADB in a case like this? Thanks

How did you get your One rooted, then?

You need to install ADB/Fastboot on your computer. Best to create a folder directly on C:

In that folder you also copy the .img of the recovery (you need latest TWRP for 4.4 ROMs)

Now, once ADB/Fastboot Folder is set up, the TWRP download is copied into the same folder, you go to your bootloader and connect the One via USB and select FASTBOOT (red letters) and once connected you see (USB)

You open a CMD window (START and type cmd) , in that window you point to the fastboot folder:

cd c:\fastboot (or whatever name you choose as in link above)
fastboot erase cache (enter)
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.4-m7ul.img (enter)

you see the commands running in the cmd window

after that you can choose inside the recovery the ADVANCED option and SIDELOAD ADB

I have not done that, so you need to search the forum on how to do that.

Njoi ;)

Screenshot to see the Fastboot folder on my laptop with the TWRP file in it

Just saw that you still have the .zip of your ROM on your internal storage. So just choose to install that and that's it! Be careful with the wiping option and only choose factory reset or cache/dalvik and never system!

Attachments

• Fastboot.PNG
    Fastboot.PNG
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008

You need to install ADB/Fastboot on your computer. Best to create a folder directly on C:

In that folder you also copy the .img of the recovery (you need latest TWRP for 4.4 ROMs)

Now, once ADB/Fastboot Folder is set up, the TWRP download is copied into the same folder, you go to your bootloader and connect the One via USB and select FASTBOOT (red letters) and once connected you see (USB)

You open a CMD window (START and type cmd) , in that window you point to the fastboot folder:

after that you can choose inside the recovery the ADVANCED option and SIDELOAD ADB

Njoi ;)

Just saw that you still have the .zip of your ROM on your internal storage. So just choose to install that and that's it! Be careful with the wiping option and only choose factory reset or cache/dalvik and never system!

Gotcha. Makes sense. Will try and let you know. Thanks so much!

rvain

Feb 10, 2014
Htc one kiktkat 4.4 update gone wrong

Njoi ;)

I did all what you said there its still takes me back to bootloader...
and that red message active cmdline overflow (1085bytes) still there...any soulutions to fix this please?

One Hype

Nov 27, 2008

Njoi ;)

Just tried everything and it worked 100%! Can't thank you enough!