[Q] Unrecognized SIM card

Search This thread

DreamingDude

Mar 17, 2014
Hey guys,

So I got a quite annoying problem and I already spent quite some time searching the forums and google without results. Either the solutioins didn't work or the cases I found were unsolved.
Anyway, here is the story.
I have a xperia tipo (st21i) and I rooted it and unlocked the bootloader and flashed several kernels and roms to find the one I'm most comfortable with.
I used: CM 10.0, paranoid android, super jelly bean and performa v4 in case this is of any interest.

I decided to go with cm 10.0 and it worked fine until after one reboot suddenly my SIM card was unrecognized and it said I should restart the phone with a valid SIM card. I flashed different ROM's and went back to stock now but the problem persists. I really ran out of ideas and since I'm not really skilled and rich of knowledge beyond the point of flashing and the rough structure of android I'm a bit helpless here.

Any help is really appreciated and thanks in advance :)

P.S.: first post ;)

S

SmashMii

This happened to me aswell, but it was a while ago, when I wasn't even rooted yet. Went to the shop to ask about it from them and they said SIMs can go outdated or something.. They gave me a new one and it was fixed. But if you decide to ask them about this, make sure you are on stock ROM and locked bootloader, also unrooted. Because if not, your device isn't under warranty, and they can blame it on that

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DreamingDude

Mar 17, 2014
This happened to me aswell, but it was a while ago, when I wasn't even rooted yet. Went to the shop to ask about it from them and they said SIMs can go outdated or something.. They gave me a new one and it was fixed. But if you decide to ask them about this, make sure you are on stock ROM and locked bootloader, also unrooted. Because if not, your device isn't under warranty, and they can blame it on that

Sent from my C1505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So you are saying it's due to my SIM? It still works perfectly fine in my other phone (a samsung galaxy xcover s5690). The phone was used when I got it and I don't have any receipt or anything so I don't have warranty on my phone anyway right? Should I still visit a shop?

I also tried ICS and it didn't work either. I got the ftf file from that link : http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-official-st21a-america-firmwares-t2302630

I tried flashing different kernels and roms already even after it refused to take my SIM but nothing helped. It didn't fell down or anything so I don't think anything went loose inside. Could it still be due to hardware failure?

ab4ever

Mar 19, 2014
heeey

I got almost the same problem

few weeks ago i found this thread http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/sony-xperia-tipo-dual-t2594389

about making custom roms works tipo dual by making it 1 sim not 2 well its ok with me so i used it and all was perfect
custom rom - working gsm - fast - smooth like i dont need anything else

but yesterday well my annoying gf was spamming calls while i was sleeping so i turned airplane mode On
then after i wake up i turned it off and suddenly the device can't recognize the sim any more the same problem this dude got
so i tried everything like tryin to swap the sim place - installing new rom - restore my old stock rom - hard reset - testing the sim - so i tried installing the last update stock ftf which is 11.0.A.6.5 i think it's like this using flash tools anyway it worked and the problem is solved now the phone is workin with no problems u should try it

Last edited:
S

SmashMii

So you are saying it's due to my SIM? It still works perfectly fine in my other phone (a samsung galaxy xcover s5690). The phone was used when I got it and I don't have any receipt or anything so I don't have warranty on my phone anyway right? Should I still visit a shop?

I also tried ICS and it didn't work either. I got the ftf file from that link : http://xdaforums.com/xperia-j-e/development/rom-official-st21a-america-firmwares-t2302630

I tried flashing different kernels and roms already even after it refused to take my SIM but nothing helped. It didn't fell down or anything so I don't think anything went loose inside. Could it still be due to hardware failure?

I tried other phones aswell, it was working on them, but not on my phone. Weird, but yeah, I suggest you go visit them at the shop, they can probably help you out.