[Q] help needed please after rooting

Search This thread

read007

Oct 13, 2013
Hi all, ok sorry if posted on wrong section, but my problem is ive just rooted my samsung galaxy s4 gt-19505 4.3 and everytime i try and go into recovery im not getting the correct menu such as install from sd card etc, have i rooted wrong as my app root verify says i have root access, ive triev also installing clockwork recovery but it says its not ready for my phone yet !!, what im trying to do is install the sg4 sound hack from scratch, but is it also true that the sound hack only works with twrp and cynogen 11 kit kat is that true, sorry to go on but just need step by step help and i have been reading the forum posts on each individual step but am so confused,

Please any help, oh i rooted my phone using odin and cf auto root jfite-jfitexx-gti9505.tar.md5

Any help please

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Flash TWRP through ODIN like in the pic attached

Attachments

• twrp_odin_sgs4.jpg
    twrp_odin_sgs4.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 44

read007

Oct 13, 2013
Hiya and thankyou for your help, ive just tried downloading the TWRP File but lots of it is missing as all im getting is recovery.img !!! any help please on the correct file download for TWRP Recovery please, and also once ive got this can i then install the sound hack file via recovery ?

11calcal

Mar 28, 2010
Liverpool
Hiya and thankyou for your help, ive just tried downloading the TWRP File but lots of it is missing as all im getting is recovery.img !!! any help please on the correct file download for TWRP Recovery please, and also once ive got this can i then install the sound hack file via recovery ?

Have you unzipped the file? Don't unzip it just flash the .tar file in Odin as @Joku1981 stated :cowboy:

Disable the auto reboot setting in Odin.. Then, once the recovery is flashed and the screen says it completed correctly, pull your battery to turn the phone off, then replace battery, and reboot into recovery. Oh, and make sure you don't unzip the tat archive, just flash it as it comes.......

This was what I had to do when I was installing custom recovery on my s4......i hope it helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

read007

Oct 13, 2013
Thankyou all

Disable the auto reboot setting in Odin.. Then, once the recovery is flashed and the screen says it completed correctly, pull your battery to turn the phone off, then replace battery, and reboot into recovery. Oh, and make sure you don't unzip the tat archive, just flash it as it comes.......

This was what I had to do when I was installing custom recovery on my s4......i hope it helps :)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok ive managed now to get my gs4 into recovery mode by using SGS4 FLASHER From the market, and i installed the .img file from there and hey presto all done , yippeeeee, now to try and upgrade to 4.4.2 nightlys rom, can i use the SGS4 FLASHER For that aswell ? and do i have to do a fresh wipe/data reset from recovery mode then wipe data/cach ? or can i just wipe data cach when installing nightlys rom ?

Thankyou again all