[Q] Rooted: Factory Reset: STUCK

Search This thread

poochieturner

Aug 19, 2014
Hello to everyone. This is my first adventure. I've read until my eyes have bleed but still haven't figured out a solution to my problem so I will ask scaringly...

I have a AT&T Samsung Note II SGH-I317 rooted.
My phone is currently stuck on "Samsung GALAXY Note II" screen after I did a factory reset.
Initially this worked but as I was setting everything back up, I received a ota system update. And it gave me a failure to upgrade error, try again in kies. Kies will not recognize my phone because it's stuck. I've done the hold up volume + home then power a hundred times but it won't let me go into recovery. I've read of everyones success but I'm still stuck! I used stock roms from at least 5 different sources but none have fully recovered my phone. It does however PASS in odin 3.07 and 3.09.

What other options have I missed? Please help....

danmanca

Jan 10, 2013
Hello to everyone. This is my first adventure. I've read until my eyes have bleed but still haven't figured out a solution to my problem so I will ask scaringly...

I have a AT&T Samsung Note II SGH-I317 rooted.
My phone is currently stuck on "Samsung GALAXY Note II" screen after I did a factory reset.
Initially this worked but as I was setting everything back up, I received a ota system update. And it gave me a failure to upgrade error, try again in kies. Kies will not recognize my phone because it's stuck. I've done the hold up volume + home then power a hundred times but it won't let me go into recovery. I've read of everyones success but I'm still stuck! I used stock roms from at least 5 different sources but none have fully recovered my phone. It does however PASS in odin 3.07 and 3.09.

What other options have I missed? Please help....

Weird, ODIN should usually work without issue. Are you using the custom recovery or a stock recovery? You should be able to flash a new recovery with ODIN I believe.

poochieturner

Aug 19, 2014

They were all stock recovery. As I mentioned before, the first time I done it, it worked fine but once I received the update from at&t I've not been able to duplicate that process without get stuck. I can access download and that's it.
Yes, I'm using the usb that came with my phone. ODIN recognizes my phone immediately.

Last edited:

hylander2126

Aug 19, 2014
They were all stock recovery. As I mentioned before, the first time I done it, it worked fine but once I received the update from at&t I've not been able to duplicate that process without get stuck. I can access download and that's it.
Yes, I'm using the usb that came with my phone. ODIN recognizes my phone immediately.

I'm having this same exact problem under very similar circumstances. Has anyone found a solution?