[Q] Choosing the right ROM and Kernel for Samsung GALAXY S GT-I9000

Search This thread

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
Hi, guys in the next days i think to buy Samsung GALAXY S and i want to update the ROM and the KERNEL i also think when i do that to overclock the CPU a little. Suggestions what rom and kernel to use ? (sorry for my bad english)

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13
Thanks! I think to use Semaphore Kernel and CyanAOSP :)

That's a good choice. To take advantage of the Semaphore's kernel features download Semaphore Manager from Play Store.

If you want to overclock your device choose 1.2 MHz and the ondemand Governor. Also for 400+ MB of RAM choose the s Semaphore version and also download the Bigmem libs.

Last edited:
Reactions: MachineZZ

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
Can i Overclock the cpu more than 1.2Ghz ?

Sent from my PAP3540DUO using XDA Free mobile app

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
Now i understood thanks!

Last edited:

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
When im installing the rom (CyanAOSP) and the kernel (Semaphore) is it need to have installed custom 4.3 or 4.4 ROM first ? Or i can install everyting from the stock rom ?

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13
You might lose your IMEI if you install 4.4 straight from stock. The right way is to install ICS first then JB and finally KK (or you can install KK straight from ICS).

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
You might lose your IMEI if you install 4.4 straight from stock. The right way is to install ICS first then JB and finally KK (or you can install KK straight from ICS).
Can i install the the semaphore kernel while im using stock rom or first i need to install CyanAOSP [JB] or Mackay ICS ?

MachineZZ

Aug 23, 2014
Can you tell me what kernel i need for cyanAOSP JB or mackay ics and then i want to install cyanAOSP KK.

lordsaboteur

Sep 1, 2014
be carefull

Hi to all

After to try upgrade my GT-I9000 by KIES (realy bad choice) my phone crash and can't coming back in original without any issues.
I was going and in samsung service to setback but the problems are still there.
Boot freezings and random of sorry the android.process.media has stopped. acore, keybord etc.
I try to fix them first by cache or apps settings but no luck- i was try everything.
Next step for - i had a feeling my phone is not dead and i can't to use it like this - is try to fount a rom in all net.
To many rom's and installs clears with full format or not - with xp,7 or 8 - but all they have same problems (slim,paranoid,etc.). Full of Sorry's that service or other has stop and press the ok every sec.or rom apps crash down or freezings and next black screen or freezing and many reboot's auto.:( :mad:
2 weeks try and try again. It must to save my phone.
And yesterday i try another rom.
1. set (must have) the I9000XXJVU_I9000OXAJVU_OXA by ODIN 1.83 with repartition s1_odin_20100512.pit
1st reboot auto and freezing again (many auto reboots) but final open the phone in settings.I didn't stop so must see the next step
2. Set Kernel by Odin again CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS.
The phone reboot but boot over and over without go in. Again i didn't stop so i go in recovery (other way to take the install file) and mount usb (i can't go in phone) and take the ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.2_I9000 rom in internal sd (no external sd and no sim in the phone).
3. Clear the data/factory, reset data cache and dalvic cache and install it (i can say the install it was slowest by the others rom's and more stady in the load bar).
No extra gapps files to install need.
The phone auto reboot and i wait with hope again.
Boom. The phone open in the setting without single problem.:victory:
The Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 is there all works perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I save my phone and is realy fast because the phone have a realy good hardwear.
So the Final answer is the rom must fit in your phone
I hope to help i wish a nice day to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxyms

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! I think to use Semaphore Kernel and CyanAOSP :)

That's a good choice. To take advantage of the Semaphore's kernel features download Semaphore Manager from Play Store.

If you want to overclock your device choose 1.2 MHz and the ondemand Governor. Also for 400+ MB of RAM choose the s Semaphore version and also download the Bigmem libs.
    be carefull

Hi to all

After to try upgrade my GT-I9000 by KIES (realy bad choice) my phone crash and can't coming back in original without any issues.
    I was going and in samsung service to setback but the problems are still there.
    Boot freezings and random of sorry the android.process.media has stopped. acore, keybord etc.
    I try to fix them first by cache or apps settings but no luck- i was try everything.
    Next step for - i had a feeling my phone is not dead and i can't to use it like this - is try to fount a rom in all net.
    To many rom's and installs clears with full format or not - with xp,7 or 8 - but all they have same problems (slim,paranoid,etc.). Full of Sorry's that service or other has stop and press the ok every sec.or rom apps crash down or freezings and next black screen or freezing and many reboot's auto.:( :mad:
    2 weeks try and try again. It must to save my phone.
    And yesterday i try another rom.
    1. set (must have) the I9000XXJVU_I9000OXAJVU_OXA by ODIN 1.83 with repartition s1_odin_20100512.pit
    1st reboot auto and freezing again (many auto reboots) but final open the phone in settings.I didn't stop so must see the next step
    2. Set Kernel by Odin again CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVU_2.3.6-v4.3-CWM3RFS.
    The phone reboot but boot over and over without go in. Again i didn't stop so i go in recovery (other way to take the install file) and mount usb (i can't go in phone) and take the ICS_4.0.3_MR1-RC4.2_I9000 rom in internal sd (no external sd and no sim in the phone).
    3. Clear the data/factory, reset data cache and dalvic cache and install it (i can say the install it was slowest by the others rom's and more stady in the load bar).
    No extra gapps files to install need.
    The phone auto reboot and i wait with hope again.
    Boom. The phone open in the setting without single problem.:victory:
    The Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 is there all works perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I save my phone and is realy fast because the phone have a realy good hardwear.
    So the Final answer is the rom must fit in your phone
    I hope to help i wish a nice day to all.
    Files ice Cream 4 Samsung GT-I 9000

Need 10 post to upload the links......:crying:
    files ice 4.0 by text for SAMSUNG GT-I 9000

Need 10 post to upload the links......:crying:

That is the links by text file just copy and paste in anddress window bronser.