[Q] Charging issue when phone is turned off

Search This thread

darrycowl

Mar 26, 2008
Hi,

I hope I am on the right thread.

This issue started one week ago. I have a 4.1.83 (no root, no G-blur or any specific customization beside the ) just the stock Atrix phone.

When my phone is turned off, if I try to plug it into the wall with the moto charger the red Motorola logo came on, then disappear then came back on and keep doing that (on and off) - infinite rebooting loop. Before, the battery charge status would come on and the phone would charge fine.
Now it just does this unlimited reboot on the red M logo.

If i turn on the phone without the cable, the phone turns on fine and i can charge it with the wall charger after the phone is booted. But not when the phone is turned off.

Do you have any ideas on what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

darrycowl

Mar 26, 2008
Absolutely certain. Am using the original Charger and did not try to do anything special with the phone...I did not touch any system file nor tried to tweak anything.
Phone is 'stock' beside few apps I installed several weeks before the problem starts to occur.

CaelanT

Absolutely certain. Am using the original Charger and did not try to do anything special with the phone...I did not touch any system file nor tried to tweak anything.
Phone is 'stock' beside few apps I installed several weeks before the problem starts to occur.

If you had rooted, etc. I would say flash sbf and start over, but since you are stock, I would return it for a warranty replacement.

mutu310

Dec 8, 2010
I have the same exact problem but I have my mobile flashed, plus bought mine from eBay. Should it be a software issue?

Last edited:

CaelanT

darrycowl

Mar 26, 2008
Can't be accidental...Phone is working perfectly beside the charging issue and so far.
Only issue is it takes 1 full day to charge it from 10% to 100%

Last night I plugged my phone at 9pm (60%). It took 8 hours to have it fully charged...

Thanks for your reply, I guess I 'll check with ATT first :'( and Motorola then....

slayerx02

Mar 16, 2011
Did you already try charging with the phone off through USB on your desktop or laptop? Maybe the wall charger is defective.

Do a backup and perform a factory restore to see if it fixes it before shipping it out for warranty.

Goodluck!

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Can't be accidental...Phone is working perfectly beside the charging issue and so far.
Only issue is it takes 1 full day to charge it from 10% to 100%

Last night I plugged my phone at 9pm (60%). It took 8 hours to have it fully charged...

Thanks for your reply, I guess I 'll check with ATT first :'( and Motorola then....

your battery and or phone is straight up defective, or something is wrong, needs to be replaced. no way should it take that long to charge. something go out of wack, and it sounds like faulty battery is failing, hence why it wont charge turned off AND takes forever to charge up when turned on.