New-T-Mobile Radio/Modem Thread

Search This thread

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
Yea, that's me.it was rooted with he blaze 4g Rom. It had CWM already on it and Superuser and busybox. Yes it does work. Send me my money ;)

Hmmm can't post pics from mobile.

Fixt.

Paid $670 CAD ($650 USD) shipped overnight to my door. My Email shipping notice actually came after the delivery. They only take paypal and they have another website called Sntraders but the price is higher there for some reason.

I thought i should add at no time did i mention to them i needed Aws. Nor did i see any mention of a special model. I thought i was getting a non branded unlocked Note. Oh well. It works and it was cheap.

Sent from my SGH-I717R using XDA

Last edited:

PoLaRBe4r

Nov 4, 2010
Gatineau, Quebec
Im lost, I though I had a problem, but my problems are all gone now, I use all bands instead of telling it to use HSPA (AWS 1700)
now my network type changes from UMTS:3 and HSPAP.
Either way I am getting perfect signal and 7mbps down and 3mbps up. I guesse videotron does not have the exact same issues as TMO ;o

jerryasher

Aug 30, 2010
Yea, that's me.it was rooted with he blaze 4g Rom. It had COM already on it and Superuser and busybox. Yes it does work. Send me my money ;)

Hmmm can't post pics from mobile.

Fixt.

Paid $670 CAD ($650 USD) shipped overnight to my door. My Email shipping notice actually came after the delivery. They only take paypal and they have another website called Sntraders but the price is higher there for some reason.

I thought i should add at no time did i mention to them i needed Aws. Nor did i see any mention of a special model. I thought i was getting a non branded unlocked Note. Oh well. It works and it was cheap.

Okay, so I'm confused.

Canadagsm sold you a used Note and called it new?

And this used Note works on T-Mobile's HSPA+ and reliably gets download speeds of ___ and upload speeds of ___?

And otherwise this seems to be the AT&T version of the Note, or it really is some special pentaband note?

Thanks

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
It appears to be new. Accessories are untouched. The had to open to unlock and modify i guess. Many retailers do this.

No clue about T-Mobile as Im on Mobilicity.

As far as a special pentaband? Doubt it. All i717 can be modded to run AWS frequencies. The hardware is there, the software is not. At least not from the factory anyways.

When im not at home, my uploads are pretty bad lik most others here maxed at 32kbps up or so. Downloads range from 0.9-2.0Mbps

Last edited:

dhoang

Jun 18, 2008
Orange County, CA
Okay, so I'm confused.

Canadagsm sold you a used Note and called it new?

And this used Note works on T-Mobile's HSPA+ and reliably gets download speeds of ___ and upload speeds of ___?

And otherwise this seems to be the AT&T version of the Note, or it really is some special pentaband note?

Thanks

This is what i called fault advertisement. They flashed blade modem into ATT Note, and they claimed to have a special version Note supports pentaband. It is bunch of BS.

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
no he doesnt because hes using moblicity which is not atnt it has to be unlocked already. I doubt he had to do anything than insert the sim

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
I popped in the sim and ran. Everything was done before i got the phone.

It took a while before i got a signal tho, just like my T989.

Oddly when i tried my buddies Fido sim, it said no sim.

reebop2k

Apr 11, 2012
I decided to forgo flashing one of my own and I ordered from CanadaGSM yesterday. My Note will arrive Tuesday. I'm a T-Mobile user that lives in the Dallas area and I can let you all know how it works when it comes in. I've gotten pretty good 3G on my Nokia N900 for 2+ years in my area.

Reactions: jerryasher

jerryasher

Aug 30, 2010
It it's true that Canadagsm opens the box and flashes a new rom, I would be very concerned that their act voids the warranty from Samsung as well as T-Mobile somehow turning this phone off.

But I am glad someone has taken the plunge, and I am very interested to learn what happens.

jeweladdict

Aug 14, 2011
I decided to forgo flashing one of my own and I ordered from CanadaGSM yesterday. My Note will arrive Tuesday. I'm a T-Mobile user that lives in the Dallas area and I can let you all know how it works when it comes in. I've gotten pretty good 3G on my Nokia N900 for 2+ years in my area.

Why didn't you get a stock telus one? that's the real question. if we can get a stock telus note with stock radio/rom etc working flawlessly on Tmobile, why bother with a flashed i717? The ATT flashed i717 is extremely flakey =/

Reactions: reebop2k

tomin.fhl

Sep 30, 2007
Why didn't you get a stock telus one? that's the real question. if we can get a stock telus note with stock radio/rom etc working flawlessly on Tmobile, why bother with a flashed i717? The ATT flashed i717 is extremely flakey =/

jewel I think the stock Telus Note will only get edge with a T-Mobile sim card. There is a dump of the Telus radio in the CWM modem thread and that radio only produces edge. Would be nice to be wrong about this though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

reebop2k

Apr 11, 2012

That's a fair question. I went with this one because of reading this thread and what I read to be fairly positive comments on it. I am concerned a little with battery life but as a N900 user, I'm used to having plenty of spare charged batteries around. Probably if I saw more posts of users directly saying to go with the Telus instead of the AT&T, I would have made a different decision. CanadaGSM made it easy for me to purchase over the web in Texas and I was willing to pay a premium to have it flashed and ready for me as my time is more valuable to me than the time to flash it myself.

If I am not happy with the phone though, it will go back.

jeweladdict

Aug 14, 2011
jewel I think the stock Telus Note will only get edge with a T-Mobile sim card. There is a dump of the Telus radio in the CWM modem thread and that radio only produces edge. Would be nice to be wrong about this though.

has this actually been confirmed?
Telus t989D works perfectly with tmobile aws, was hoping the telus i717d would too. If telus and tmobile both use the 1700 band, don't know why it wouldn't work for both tmobile and telus.

I'm willing to try this out, but i just want to make sure no one else has yet

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
Thought i should mention my phone is branded AT&T if anyone is wondering.

I also inquired about the warranty as they rooted the phone and flashed the radio. No reply yet.

tomin.fhl

Sep 30, 2007
Telus t989D works perfectly with tmobile aws, was hoping the telus i717d would too. If telus and tmobile both use the 1700 band, don't know why it wouldn't work for both tmobile and telus.

Some food for thought here ...
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1450101

Also, if you type in the imei of an i717 (AT&T) in the Telus comability site it will identify your phone as compatible on the Telus network which, though not conclusive, suggests that the i717 and the i717d are essentially the same device.

You should go for it and try it anyway ... just keep your receipt.

Last edited:

Yuhfhrh

Apr 27, 2011

One problem though, Telus does not use aws/1700.

The only reason their galaxy s2 does is because they used the same model as T-Mobile. So basically they just took off the T-Mobile branding and used the same phone.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: jeweladdict

tomin.fhl

Sep 30, 2007

The only reason their galaxy s2 does is because they used the same model as T-Mobile. So basically they just took off the T-Mobile branding and used the same phone.

That's right. ... the T989 Hercules was like a super global phone that worked with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300028

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To All, This is a new thread dedicated to trying to resolve the known problems with the current Hacked Radio/modems we all have experienced.

Please do not post already known issues over and over I will delete them. The Effort is to keep this thread clean and up to date with newly discovered fixes an/or new bugs.

Both Allgamer and I have a Note so any developer that needs something tested pm us and we will assist you as best we can

The issues we all seem to have experienced Are:

1. Dropped calls, this is a big issue... need to phone to never fail us..... especially for those who are business dependent.

2. Low up load speeds

3. Inconsistent data speed issues

4. Data dropping

5. Battery Drain/heat issues

If there are other specific issues that arise please post and I will itemize in the OP. Let's see if we can draft the assistance of a developer (s) who are excellent with radio/modem hacking. We are close to a final fix let's try to get across the finish line to 100% success.
    Thanks to All who have to date helped in the quest of finding a perfect fix.
    SPECIAL THANKS to All who paid the bounty..... kept your word....... and helped in any other way...... It REALLY warms the soul to know our community can come together and follow through on commitments......... Thank you all.... Oka1

Allgamer posted this for a fix for some : In case anyone still have the drop call issues, here's a good work around http://xdaforums.com/show...77&postcount=2
    Send me your e-mail address so I can send you the link so you can download the modem.

If I or someone else have helped you in any kind of way please press. Thank you

That's right. ... the T989 Hercules was like a super global phone that worked with AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300028

RESERVED.....
    No I still get this and nothing to click or touch

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I updated the link in my original post so you should be able to see the zip file now. You might need to download it from a PC if you continue to have problems.