Just ordered an Atrix 4g Lapdock for my AHD

Search This thread

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
I just don't care about the webtop app, I will use it as an HDMI/Keyboard/mouse just like I do with my cheapo 7" tablet on ICS.

it cannot get any better at 49$ on all4cellular

all4cellular.com/product/motorola-atrix-4g-laptop-dock-refurbished.html

Keep in mind you might have to hack the lapdock a bit to fit your AHD... or get extension cables for it.

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
I just don't care about the webtop app, I will use it as an HDMI/Keyboard/mouse just like I do with my cheapo 7" tablet on ICS.

it cannot get any better at 49$ on all4cellular

all4cellular.com/product/motorola-atrix-4g-laptop-dock-refurbished.html

Keep in mind you might have to hack the lapdock a bit to fit your AHD... or get extension cables for it.

Nice try, all4cellular.com salesman

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
let me know how it turns out, photos would be nice(the hdmi part)

I went to the verizon store in Malone NY and they didn't have the lapdock 100 but I was able to try my Atrix HD in a Bionic Lapdock.

Simply put, the lapdock is a 12 inches HDMI monitor with a USB hub speading the AHD micro USB port to 2 full sized usb ports, the keyboard and the trackpad.

So it turn your phone into a large screen netbook Under android ICS... with 4g lte connectivity.

It was just fine without the heavy webtop app. Specialy for 49$

The bionic lapdock was still at 129$

Last edited:

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
By the way, all the lapdock, exception made for the 500 model, are dumb device. Any smartphone or device with hdmi out and usb out can be connected to the motorola lapdock. ( including the mk802 android stick or the samsung galaxy series)

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
How's the resolution, I dont think you got the lapdocks native 1366*768, did it look blurry? And was it edge to edge?

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
How's the resolution, I dont think you got the lapdocks native 1366*768, did it look blurry? And was it edge to edge?

Well I didn't have a lot of time to play with the dock in the verizon store and still waiting for mine but other people reported that various hdmi devices will do it in 720p resolution. That would leave 24 pixels on each side of the screen. You can google "lapdock hack" to see what people are doing with it.

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
so this is what it must look like ? click for bigger.

its a galaxy nexus with 720p screen and soft buttons.

It should do good once the dpi gets set to ~20 lower...

did the keyboard and touchpad work ?

By the way, if you set dpi to a certain value, ICS will switch to tablet mode, and it will almost be the same as webtop mode, maybe the atrix2 launcher works too, for smaller icons... if you are interested, maybe we could figure something out.

Last edited:

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
It should do good once the dpi gets set to ~20 lower...

it will be more like this

mk802_lapdock_2.JPG

It looked exactly like when I connect my ICS tablet to the HDM on the 720P hdtv

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
Well let me know how it turns out.

I'll be getting an Atrix HD in about a month, and I know some guys from the atrix2 forum who will help with the black borders and tablet mode. (Myself included, lol)

It would be even better if you could get some info for us while I still have mine.

Last edited:

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
Got the lapdock for the 4g. The keyboard is just amazing, screen is perfect, I just use the overscan setting on the atrix hd to match the screen resolution and fill it completely. I had to flip the lapdock connectors as Stated in various post on lapdock vs razr. Easy job, perfect results. I use the chrome browser and it just work as it should be.

Very well invested 50 Bucks

Edit: only the lapdock for the atrix 4g need to have the connectors flipped. The bionic, the lapdock 100 and the lapdock 500 just fit out of the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericpeacock79

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
Lapdock : the pictures

I would say this lapdock is just brilliant. It's very well made, surprisingly thin and lightweight.

From now on, all my cell phones will have to be able to use this accessory (hdmi out and usb out)

I don't care about the lack of webtop app, ICS android just do it as a tablet.

then again, it is fast. thanks to the dual core cpu/gpu. In my specific usage, the Atrix HD + Lapdock is faster than my atom 270 Netbook under Ubuntu 12.04

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

Last edited:

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
lol its upside down, huh... is it really bad for the wifi signal ?

do you have a setting for settings>input>pointer speed ?

if so, i recommend you set it 1 or 2 notches higher

when connected, you can switch in settings>sound> from hdmi audio to phone speakers, the lapdock speakers are pretty(very) horrible...

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
lol its upside down, huh... is it really bad for the wifi signal ?

no wifi/3G is still OK and the screen just rotate to the correct orientation.

do you have a setting for settings>input>pointer speed ?

I use a wireless mouse

when connected, you can switch in settings>sound> from hdmi audio to phone speakers, the lapdock speakers are pretty(very) horrible...

The lapdock speakers are OK, you can pump up the volume on the cell phone AND you can pump up the volume on the lapdock (it is really just an HDMI monitor with separate volume and brightness settings)

souljaboy

Apr 30, 2009
I use a wireless mouse

oh, the setting works for the mouses too

The lapdock speakers are OK, you can pump up the volume on the cell phone AND you can pump up the volume on the lapdock (it is really just an HDMI monitor with separate volume and brightness settings)

damn, on the atrix2 only one can work at a time...

I can't wait to get my AHD, about one more month and im set :laugh:

smogtdi

Jul 16, 2012
Montreal
Atrix lapdock used commercialy

I had to use the lapdock with a customer.

it just beat the laptop hands down.

As I always keep the pictures/videos/pdf on the sdcard, it's a lot faster on the atrix than booting up a laptop..

So I just chose the video on the AHD, docked the phone and pressed PLAY and instant video !!

this was just impressive !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lapdock : the pictures

I would say this lapdock is just brilliant. It's very well made, surprisingly thin and lightweight.

From now on, all my cell phones will have to be able to use this accessory (hdmi out and usb out)

I don't care about the lack of webtop app, ICS android just do it as a tablet.

then again, it is fast. thanks to the dual core cpu/gpu. In my specific usage, the Atrix HD + Lapdock is faster than my atom 270 Netbook under Ubuntu 12.04

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1145.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1147.JPG
    let me know how it turns out, photos would be nice(the hdmi part)
    Got the lapdock for the 4g. The keyboard is just amazing, screen is perfect, I just use the overscan setting on the atrix hd to match the screen resolution and fill it completely. I had to flip the lapdock connectors as Stated in various post on lapdock vs razr. Easy job, perfect results. I use the chrome browser and it just work as it should be.

Very well invested 50 Bucks

Edit: only the lapdock for the atrix 4g need to have the connectors flipped. The bionic, the lapdock 100 and the lapdock 500 just fit out of the box.
    Looking to get the lapdoc for my AHD. Should i get the OG Atrix one over the Bionic?

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium

the Bionic, lapdock 100 and 500 are direct plug-and-play.

the original Atrix Lapdock need a bit of surgery to flip the 2 connectors (easy to do.)
    hello :)

as anyone found a way to properly mirror the hdmi in JB ? i mean, everything is working, but the screen is wide stretchy and compress in heigh so that look funny ....

Anyone got an root app, and/or a small lapdock hack (atrix 4G one's) to be able to have it at least, almost, full screen ?

Thx :D and happy christmas :p

Not yet that I know of.