how to root zr 4.3?

Search This thread

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
is it possible to root zr with 4.3 updates?

im on locked bootloader. should i unlocked my bootloader? if so, how?

please help me this is urgent. i need to root my zr asap to be able to restore my app data. really important

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

please help me this is urgent. i need to root my zr asap to be able to restore my app data. really important

i don't recommend you to unlock bootloader as there's many steps to do which takes time.

so you will just need to downgrade to 4.2.2 firmware by flashing the ftf,then root it & install custom recovery,after that flash a pre-rooted 4.3 rom.

Reactions: w1040

w1040

Jan 5, 2013
i don't recommend you to unlock bootloader as there's many steps to do which takes time.

so you will just need to downgrade to 4.2.2 firmware by flashing the ftf,then root it & install custom recovery,after that flash a pre-rooted 4.3 rom.

too late. i already unlocked my bootloader. but after i unlocked it, my phone on bootloop but i managed to enter cwm. the 'free xperia' and 'xperia' logo keeps coming out if i try to boot my phone. looks like im on a wrong firmware to unlock my bootloader.

now im downloading (C5502) 10.4.B.0.569 tft files and flash it via flashtool, then im gonna try to again if my phone will boot or not.

samavedam_vijay

Nov 30, 2011
Hyderabad
@Ben Ling

I am new this rooting to. And I want to install a custom rom on my Xperia ZR. How do I downgrade to the previous ROM? Do I just use the flash tool? Is it necessary to backup my TA partition during this process or can I do it when I am about to root the device?Thanks!

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@Ben Ling

I am new this rooting to. And I want to install a custom rom on my Xperia ZR. How do I downgrade to the previous ROM? Do I just use the flash tool? Is it necessary to backup my TA partition during this process or can I do it when I am about to root the device?Thanks!

download the 4.2.2 ftf,flash it then root it & install recovery

then flash custom rom (only based on 4.3 & stock firmware)

samavedam_vijay

Nov 30, 2011
Hyderabad
Thank you

So basically these are the steps which I need to perform

1)Download and run flash tool

2)Download the correct ftf and flash it via flash tool

3)Root the phone using doomlord's vroot kit

4)Backup the TA partition

5)Unlock the bootloader

6)Install custom rom

Please confirm if these are the steps to be followed

Thanks!

samavedam_vijay

Nov 30, 2011
Hyderabad
@Ben Ling I rooted my zr by flashing 4.1.2 . I have also backed up the TA partition. Can you please suggest any good ROMS now? What should I choose stock based ROMS or AOSP roms like Carbon?

Also, If I want to come back to stock ROM(4.3) again what should I do?

Thanks!

Ben Ling

Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
@Ben Ling I rooted my zr by flashing 4.1.2 . I have also backed up the TA partition. Can you please suggest any good ROMS now? What should I choose stock based ROMS or AOSP roms like Carbon?

Also, If I want to come back to stock ROM(4.3) again what should I do?

Thanks!

if you want 4.4,then just try the carbon rom

for 4.3,try this.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726463

for back to stock,you will just need to backup your current 4.3 rom,then if you want to restore,just restore

but the backup will only restore by using the same recovery that you backup.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Ben Ling Thankyou! One more question before I installed the 4.3 ROM which you mentioned, do I need to unclock the bootloader to install the ROM?

no