[Q] Need a Fast ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gnsxp

Jul 15, 2011
Hi Guys,
I want to use my old P500 as a GPS device for my car :p
I need a fast ROM basically just for MAPS to work. Don't need tethering or other functionality. just need MAPS!
What i am going to do is, Download all the maps and then just use the GPS per reference, if needed i can host a wifi hotspot on my other device and then connect the p500 on the run.

Any advice on which ROM to use? I tried Paranoid Android 3.15 but its too slow :(

hkjli

Dec 29, 2010
I am using the recent CM 7.2 and the phone is responsive and speedy. You can download from official CyanogenMod download page.

Joe

Hi Guys,
I want to use my old P500 as a GPS device for my car :p
I need a fast ROM basically just for MAPS to work. Don't need tethering or other functionality. just need MAPS!
What i am going to do is, Download all the maps and then just use the GPS per reference, if needed i can host a wifi hotspot on my other device and then connect the p500 on the run.

Any advice on which ROM to use? I tried Paranoid Android 3.15 but its too slow :(

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
These types of threads are not allowed here.

From the "Message from the Moderators" sticky at the top of General:

4) No threads or posts asking for the best/most stable ROM/Kernel/Mod/whatever, or created for the purpose of comparing Phones/ROMs/Kernels/Mods/whatever:

These threads/posts will be deleted promptly and without warning. They have a history of causing problems due to trolls, and fanboys, along with various troublemakers, and therefore are no longer allowed. Regardless of that, there is really no way to judge whether or not a particular piece of work is better than another because it's all relative to begin with. If you want to know what piece of work is better for you, install something and try it out for a while. If you don't like it, try something else. Our Developers work hard to provide us their contributions, free of charge. Please show them the respect they deserve by trying something out and giving them your feedback.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.