Turn down touch screen sensitivity?

Search This thread

jimxms

Nov 25, 2008
Hi All,

Is it possible to turn down the touch screen sensitivity on the M8? I am finding that I do not even have to touch the screen in many cases and as a result the phone is doing a lot of unintentional things. Its especially annoying when texting as the phone registers a press as soon as the surface of my thumb comes near the screen, which might not be the area where i'm actually pressing. I had the same issue on my M7 too but didn't keep the phone for very long.

Shad0wKn1ght93

Oct 25, 2013
I'd try using a screen protector. The M8 screen is propably more sensitive in order to work with the flip cover, which adds a quite thick layer to the digitizer. In order to actually decrease the sensitivity, you'd propably have to modify the touchscreen driver.

Texas_Dave

Jun 7, 2014
Cleburne, TX
I have an otter case which has a screen protector, and the sensitivity is still outrageous.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

SpikeOT

Feb 25, 2008
This annoys the hell out of me too. Such a shame as I've just come from an iPhone 5S and prefer almost everything about the M8. It's only this and the slightly underwhelming camera that annoy. I'm still happy I switched.

Zanketsu

May 8, 2014
Warsaw
Also have a screen protector - a glass one, 0.3 mm. I barley have to touch the screen, what's more, could have sworn a couple of times I haven't actually touched it. Ha, a microfiber screen wipe is enough to unlock the phone :eek: but since I turned off motion launch gestures I can live with it :cool:.

edit - maybe the "gloves mode" that's available in other brand android phones is on by default?

Last edited: