[Q] return to stock help

Search This thread

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Hi guys im returning to stock as it need a repair i just want to flash a stock rom and remove root and remove recocvery ect

I have s off and super cid (it was a branded vodafone cid)

Can i just flash any stock ruu and if so where can i get the latest uk version please

Thank you

Hi guys im returning to stock as it need a repair i just want to flash a stock rom and remove root and remove recocvery ect

Can i just flash any stock ruu and if so where can i get the latest uk version please

Thank you

You can flash any version.I would recommend to flash wwe version as it gets the updates first.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376

Reactions: brockyneo

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
You see since you are S_OFF you can install wwe fw ie 1.54.401.5 and for ruu http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235
But remember your mid should be 0P6B10000 and cid should be HTC__001 or supercid.

Hi sorry what is mid? The phone was Vodafone branded I want to leave s off and super cid

I just want to flash the latest stock room and stock recovery and remove root

Sorry just a bit of noob as I'm use to Samsung where you just flash via odin. Lol

Thanks

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
Hi sorry what is mid? The phone was Vodafone branded I want to leave s off and super cid

I just want to flash the latest stock room and stock recovery and remove root

Sorry just a bit of noob as I'm use to Samsung where you just flash via odin. Lol

Thanks

Vodafone UK? What was the original CID and Version number? VODAP001 and x.xx.161.x ?

COLLECTION of Stock backup's has nandroid backups for both 1.12.161.17 and 1.54.161.5 . The stock recovery is also at that thread though it's only for the 1.54.161.5.

I see it's TWRP nandroid backups though, so hopefully you already have TWRP recovery on. Then just download the nandroid backups, unzip it into the SD card backup folder for TWRP i.e TWRP/Backups/serialnum/ Just replace serialnum with your device serial number and restore nandroid backup. It'll then take you to 1.54.161.5 if there's a new OTA for it then just apply and you have latest then. Just make sure to flash back stock recovery before you attempt OTA.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Vodafone UK? What was the original CID and Version number? VODAP001 and x.xx.161.x ?

COLLECTION of Stock backup's has nandroid backups for both 1.12.161.17 and 1.54.161.5 . The stock recovery is also at that thread though it's only for the 1.54.161.5.

I see it's TWRP nandroid backups though, so hopefully you already have TWRP recovery on. Then just download the nandroid backups, unzip it into the SD card backup folder for TWRP i.e TWRP/Backups/serialnum/ Just replace serialnum with your device serial number and restore nandroid backup. It'll then take you to 1.54.161.5 if there's a new OTA for it then just apply and you have latest then. Just make sure to flash back stock recovery before you attempt OTA.

ya think it was that i was after going back to a unbranded stock rom and stock recovery and no root

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
basically should i be able to flash any stock rom and matching stock recovery (with having super cid and s off) and be back to stock to recieve OTA ect even though the m8 use to be vodafone branded

thanks

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
basically should i be able to flash any stock rom and matching stock recovery (with having super cid and s off) and be back to stock to recieve OTA ect even though the m8 use to be vodafone branded

thanks

Yeah you can basically "convert" it to any though you probably won't always get the OTA updates. You'll probably have to end up flashing the OTA update's .zip file from within RUU. I think you'll be fine for OTA's if you do it for example, dev edition, unlock edition, international WWE version, they get updates from HTC itself, the carrier specific OTA's will probably have to be flashed. I say probably because I haven't converted to and from any carrier specific device myself.

But yeah, if you're S-OFF and supercid you can flash just about anything. Careful though... Else the next thread we'll be discussing in is "HELP!!! I THINK I BRICKED MY PHONE!!!!!!" :cyclops:

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Yeah you can basically "convert" it to any though you probably won't always get the OTA updates. You'll probably have to end up flashing the OTA update's .zip file from within RUU. I think you'll be fine for OTA's if you do it for example, dev edition, unlock edition, international WWE version, they get updates from HTC itself, the carrier specific OTA's will probably have to be flashed. I say probably because I haven't converted to and from any carrier specific device myself.

But yeah, if you're S-OFF and supercid you can flash just about anything. Careful though... Else the next thread we'll be discussing in is "HELP!!! I THINK I BRICKED MY PHONE!!!!!!" :cyclops:

lol thanks ya all i want to do is flash a unbranded wwe stock rom and stock recovery and have the ability to have OTA updates when available (im not bothered about leaving s off or super cid)

so can i follow this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53042468&postcount=88

thanks guys sorry for sounding noob just completely different way to what im use too :silly:

Reactions: BerndM14

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
right i finally have time today to have a go at this so i have a rooted vodafone branded (arhd rom) and s off and super CID

so am i right in saying that i do the following

change MID to 0P6B10000
remove tampered and re lock bootloader
flash stock firmware (mike1986)
flash stock recovery (mike1986)

then all done or is it done another way

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
right i finally have time today to have a go at this so i have a rooted vodafone branded (arhd rom) and s off and super CID

change MID to 0P6B10000

There is no need to change your MID unless you are planning to change over to a developer edition. Stock firmware already includes stock recovery. I don't see that you have stock ROM listed.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
There is no need to change your MID unless you are planning to change over to a developer edition. Stock firmware already includes stock recovery. I don't see that you have stock ROM listed.

Ok I just want to be able to receive OTA too so If I leave mid it should be OK and do I just flash stock firmware then stock rom then dome

Thanks

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Ok I just want to be able to receive OTA too so If I leave mid it should be OK and do I just flash stock firmware then stock rom then dome

Thanks

Oh, I thought you just wanted it back to stock to return for repairs. To receive OTA updates, I believe the CID of your phone must match the CID of the firmware/Stock ROM you are flashing. I don't believe you need to change the MID but it might not hurt. Flash Stock ROM first, the Firmware.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Thought I'd post in here seeing as I'm in the UK so get everything about ROM versions, etc...

There are no RUUs available for the M8 bar a few US carrier ones. It sucks but there are other way around it, and with you being S-OFF you have a lot of options. One is to convert the phone to 100% stock, EU, unbranded but Vodafone will then refuse repair so you'd be stuck paying for it. The other is to use the stock backups on here to go back to the Vodafone build, but if you've flashed a different FW build this will also fail repair if checked.

Regarding the MID, all EU handsets have the same one so you don't ever have to worry about changing it at any point

If you can find one of the Vodafone OTA updates I can knock something up for you but I don't remember seeing anyone posting one...

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Thought I'd post in here seeing as I'm in the UK so get everything about ROM versions, etc...

There are no RUUs available for the M8 bar a few US carrier ones. It sucks but there are other way around it, and with you being S-OFF you have a lot of options. One is to convert the phone to 100% stock, EU, unbranded but Vodafone will then refuse repair so you'd be stuck paying for it. The other is to use the stock backups on here to go back to the Vodafone build, but if you've flashed a different FW build this will also fail repair if checked.

Regarding the MID, all EU handsets have the same one so you don't ever have to worry about changing it at any point

If you can find one of the Vodafone OTA updates I can knock something up for you but I don't remember seeing anyone posting one...

Ah right ok well I'm not looking to return it just want a unbranded stock firmware back on with OTA working for the updates :angel:

Right so I don't need to change mid so what's the best and safestvway to change back to UK stock unbranded rom please with stock recovery and no root

Thanks again sorry :crying:

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
@EddyOS so if I follow your guide then I should be OK And I'm already rooted with supersu so can I first do the tamper flag and bootloader then flash stock rom ect

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you

You can flash any version.I would recommend to flash wwe version as it gets the updates first.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376
    thanks for that dont suppose there is a stock uk RUU i can use or does it have to be done this way

thanks
    You see since you are S_OFF you can install wwe fw ie 1.54.401.5 and for ruu http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235
    But remember your mid should be 0P6B10000 and cid should be HTC__001 or supercid.

thanks

lol thanks ya all i want to do is flash a unbranded wwe stock rom and stock recovery and have the ability to have OTA updates when available (im not bothered about leaving s off or super cid)

so can i follow this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53042468&postcount=88

thanks guys sorry for sounding noob just completely different way to what im use too :silly:

change MID to 0P6B10000