[TUTORIAL](EASY GUIDE) How To Edit/change RAMDISK Boot.img

Search This thread

ANKIT RAWAT

May 25, 2014
I seen Many People Facing Problem in This Process So created New Guide.Hope It Will help You. :)

Instructions
1) Unpack Boot.img
2) Take A glass Of Water It Will Help You Later :) .
3) Alter the ramdisk as you like.
4) The repackimg batch script requires no input and simply recombines the previously split zImage with the newly packed modified ramdisk using all the original image information (which was also split and saved).
5) The cleanup batch script resets the folder to its initial state, removing the split_img+ramdisk directories and any new packed ramdisk or image files.There is an optional command-line argument,"--original", for repackimg which will cause it to repack using the original split ramdisk instead of repacking, this is useful for testing or trimming dumps.

Usage is similar for the Android and Linux versions, again, just review the release notes for them.

Hopefully this is some help to someone. It's been extremely useful for me in my messing around with kernel ramdisks, which is why I created it in the first place.

Press Thanks If This Post seems You Helpful :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seen Many People Facing Problem in This Process So created New Guide.Hope It Will help You. :)

Instructions
    1) Unpack Boot.img
    2) Take A glass Of Water It Will Help You Later :) .
    3) Alter the ramdisk as you like.
    4) The repackimg batch script requires no input and simply recombines the previously split zImage with the newly packed modified ramdisk using all the original image information (which was also split and saved).
    5) The cleanup batch script resets the folder to its initial state, removing the split_img+ramdisk directories and any new packed ramdisk or image files.There is an optional command-line argument,"--original", for repackimg which will cause it to repack using the original split ramdisk instead of repacking, this is useful for testing or trimming dumps.

Usage is similar for the Android and Linux versions, again, just review the release notes for them.

Hopefully this is some help to someone. It's been extremely useful for me in my messing around with kernel ramdisks, which is why I created it in the first place.

Press Thanks If This Post seems You Helpful :)