[MOD] Camera_Mod Bitrate/FPS/Image Quality - 7|27|14

Search This thread

BioVolt

Dec 5, 2008
Romford
Can someone send me the orignal camera_config.xml, media_profiles.xml and LGCameraApp for D855?
10J if possible :p
Messed some things up and didn't make a backup :/
Cheers

I need these too... Silly me didn't backup v10j originals only backed up my previous Rom originals :(

Can anyone help US please, thank you.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

There is a max setting for the h.264 profile in the media_profile.xml and its pretty close to the end of it. Maybe you didn't change it and that is what is causing the crash. Here is my mod on the already modded xml. The only difference from the modded profile in the OP is the 80 Mbps on 4K because when I tried to increase audio bitrate, it didn't do anything for me.

Put it in a zip because the forums won't let me upload the xml lol.

Tested on D855 v10j result see below >

turypepu.jpg

diegoms89

May 22, 2011
Porto Alegre
Hi, i would like to know if its possible to update the dual shot resolution (today: 1280x720), wanted it to be full resolution, like 10 MP wide or 13 on 4x3...

Thanks in advance

digitallure

Dec 12, 2010
Columbus, OH
What permissions should it be set to? This is what it's currently set as? I'm scared of a bootloop.
252bcfd823b4cb68c28a225134dd8343.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

5min limit - change sd filesystem to exfat

Thx for your xml file, will try that one out later. Also thx for the comment on the audio limitation. My only question now is about the 5min video limit. Can that be changed?

Greets
Placebo

it's a hunch only but you may have run into a max file size limit of the Fat32 file system If so, try formatting your sdcard to exfat

subwoffer13

Apr 17, 2013
Bat Yam
is there any way to keep the higher FPS (1080 X1920 60 ) in low light con. ( of course with a grainier picture ) (

or any way to tweak a slo - mo ability to a better quality ? ( compared to iphone the slo mo is total crap and idk why ....)

sizzlers

Oct 30, 2010
Burgas
Well I'm getting 29 fps over the vlc and can't seems to make working the mod as I do everything in Op instruction. Does that mean I haven't done anything or its vlc problem. I checked the xml and it's at 60 fps.

Also for those who can't set permissions when extracted images, just paste it in the directory and then edit it. It will work

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

MasterThiefGarrett

Sep 4, 2010
is there any way to keep the higher FPS (1080 X1920 60 ) in low light con. ( of course with a grainier picture ) (

or any way to tweak a slo - mo ability to a better quality ? ( compared to iphone the slo mo is total crap and idk why ....)

Any news on this?
I don't mind getting somewhat darker video, just as long as it's smooth 60fps :)

SmittyXU

Feb 7, 2013
Johannesburg
It's Huuuuuge!!!

After the XML files etc have been copied, I didn't know how big the file size was after I went to view the details of the Video. The size is ENORMOUS. I went from about 500MB for an 8 minute 1080p video to 2.5Gb. And that's not even the 60fps one. It's the standard 30fps 1080p video. The bit rate was increased but 10mb/s but the file size has gone ballistic. I know you won't notice too much, if any difference between the bit rates, but you'll definitiely notice that all the memory in your phone has depleted.

Am I able to revert the bit rate back to 30 Mb/s while still retaining the 60fps profile. I just need the normal FHD 30fps videos to go back to normal file size. NOT 3HR FHD video size. For 8 minutes...Damn.

omaralkha99

Sep 17, 2014
Toledo
This mod only contains modified values to media_profiles.xml, We have already seen this posted but they seem to no longer work so im posting one here :good:
Suggestions for improvements are helpful, Some of these values ive tested a bit higher but this is a good starting point
I am not responsible for dead phones/bricks or any sort of bad thing this mod could ever cause

Things You Need:
  • Rooted LG G3
  • File Manager with root access (i use ES File Manager)
  • The MOD

How To Install:
  • Extract the ZIP
  • Use a file manager to Copy/Paste & overwrite the media_profiles.xml to the "/system/etc/" directory
  • Make sure the media_profiles.xml has permissions set to "rw- r-- r--"
  • Reboot

Current Features:
  • 4K bitrate increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
  • Image compression set to 100
  • 1080p bitrate increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
  • 1080p FPS increased 30fps to 60fps

I will be uploading both the MOD & Stock zips
I have not tested the flashable zip

So I flashed it through recovery but I dont tell a difference in the camera app and image quality?

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
to show the 60 next to the resolution the file /system/etc/camera_config.xml needs to show the @60 options.

e.g.

<item name="video_size_rear_supported"> 3840x2160, 1920x1080@60, 1920x1080, 1280x720, 1280x720@120, 640x480, 320x240, 176x144 </item>

and further down

<item name="video_size_front_supported"> 1920x1080@60, 1920x1080, 1280x720, 640x480, 320x240, 176x144 </item>

and remember to set the file back to 644 after editing...

I cant find these options in the xml file anywhere. Are these values that need to be changed somewhere or ADDED to the xml altogether? Either way, can you please or someone else who knows where they are, post a screenshot of where to look in the xml file to change or add these? Because Im totally lost as to where to look, thanks in advance.

Edit: I was looking in the MEDIA profiles xml file, not the camera one like you said. I found what I was looking for, thanks!

Last edited:

petermg

Aug 7, 2008
There is a max setting for the h.264 profile in the media_profile.xml and its pretty close to the end of it. Maybe you didn't change it and that is what is causing the crash. Here is my mod on the already modded xml. The only difference from the modded profile in the OP is the 80 Mbps on 4K because when I tried to increase audio bitrate, it didn't do anything for me.

Put it in a zip because the forums won't let me upload the xml lol.

HOLY CRAP THIS TOTALLY WORKS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80Mbps!!! In UHD/4K WHAT!?!!!!
The files are huge but this is a cool option to play with. I think this is a really cool MOD, no idea why it died off in December. I just got my G3 today, very excited. It looks like some of the media_profiles.xml files MAY differ a tad depending on the variant. I think that's why some people have better luck than others. Probably best to just determine exactly which values to edit and let everyone just edit them on their own variant. ES File Explorer will allow you to text edit these files without having to modify the permissions. Just make sure you have made a back up first ;)

Srsly no action on this thread in over 6 months? This is a great mod!

copy2050

Jun 14, 2013
Porto
HOLY CRAP THIS TOTALLY WORKS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
80Mbps!!! In UHD/4K WHAT!?!!!!
The files are huge but this is a cool option to play with. I think this is a really cool MOD, no idea why it died off in December. I just got my G3 today, very excited. It looks like some of the media_profiles.xml files MAY differ a tad depending on the variant. I think that's why some people have better luck than others. Probably best to just determine exactly which values to edit and let everyone just edit them on their own variant. ES File Explorer will allow you to text edit these files without having to modify the permissions. Just make sure you have made a back up first ;)

Srsly no action on this thread in over 6 months? This is a great mod!

what version are you? i want to flash it on my v20i but dont know if it will work!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod only contains modified values to media_profiles.xml, We have already seen this posted but they seem to no longer work so im posting one here :good:
    Suggestions for improvements are helpful, Some of these values ive tested a bit higher but this is a good starting point
    I am not responsible for dead phones/bricks or any sort of bad thing this mod could ever cause

Things You Need:
    • Rooted LG G3
    • File Manager with root access (i use ES File Manager)
    • The MOD

How To Install:
    • Extract the ZIP
    • Use a file manager to Copy/Paste & overwrite the media_profiles.xml to the "/system/etc/" directory
    • Make sure the media_profiles.xml has permissions set to "rw- r-- r--"
    • Reboot

Current Features:
    • 4K bitrate increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
    • Image compression set to 100
    • 1080p bitrate increased from 30mbps to 40mbps
    • 1080p FPS increased 30fps to 60fps

I will be uploading both the MOD & Stock zips
    I have not tested the flashable zip
    I tried that a week ago and it was part of the reason i bootlooped, there were some other added stuff in the process but not much

When you use the @60 on 1080p do you have files that are being saved at 60fps and show it on a pc as 60fps?

I never got to test it lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    5yryhery.jpg

(very) short video at 60 and 30fps. can see one is smoother .

https://mega.co.nz/#F!d5dV1Sqb!fJoSKS7S0yVSeQiek-uvrA
    Posts edited
    Enough of the personal attacks
    Next one gets a little vacation
    Intelligent people can discuss something without personal attacks, flaming or name calling.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Senior-Mod
    I never used slow motion before.

I set it to slow motion video after this mod.

I recorded something.
    Played it back.
    It was normal speed. Is there a setting I am missing?
    I will go back to original later and check the result then,

Slow-mo will only playback as slow-mo on the device and only with the default gallery.

How to test if the mod works?

Shoot video. Watch the fps on a PC for example (or using VLC on android). Install mod. Shoot same video. Watch the fps.

Did this and the result was (left stock, right mod):

60hz-03.png