I got the automatic system update notification for ics!

Search This thread

BuboBriff

Aug 15, 2009
it downloaded the file, verified it, said it was going to reboot in 10, 9, 8, 7.. then said your system is up to date!?

Only thing I can think of is it aborted due to battery level?

B

echoes.

Mar 23, 2010
Me too! I just received the OTA notification, made a backup and clicked update.
Downloaded the 128mb file, file check was ok, pushed "restart and install" and instead it said that system is updated. Any help?

No root, stock 2.3.6, i9023

xsynth

Dec 19, 2011
Wellington
Anyone found a resolution for this yet? Received another OTA download?
Mine was on about 45% when I got OTA, plugged it in to my comp USB port before download started but still disappeared on countdown as well

BuboBriff

Aug 15, 2009
not received another notification, how rubbish eh! maybe they somehow "pulled it" before it could damage something? dunno. I'm sure someone clued up might add something helpful.

Reactions: naphazg

xsynth

Dec 19, 2011
Wellington
This bug is so annoying, it was soo close!! Still haven't found anything about it on here or other sites, and still no new OTA message :(

OWLYYY

Dec 20, 2011
Same here,

Just got the update OTA...finished downloading and began counting down for the restart. At 8 secs remaining it switched to saying "your system is currently up to date". I tried restarting with no luck!

WTF!!

I hope it comes back!

Marc.

Dec 10, 2010
I have still recieved nothing! How long would it take? I have a normal nexus s, unbranded unrooted and all that stuff... :(

OWLYYY

Dec 20, 2011
Paul
Google Employee
12/19/11
If you received an update notification a little while ago but the update isn't currently available for your phone, this is likely the result of Google pausing the update in your area while we monitor feedback. The Android 4.0 update is continuing to roll out around the world so your phone will receive another update notification when it's available again in your region.
5 of 10 people found this answer helpful. Did you? YesNo Report abuse

BuboBriff

Aug 15, 2009
That doesn't really address, RECEIVING, downloading, verifying and "ok'ing" the update, only for nothing to happen. V odd.

mrgorefest

Nov 25, 2007
Groningen
I'm a new user so I can't attach link but if you go to the Google Mobile Help Forum you can see a thread, started by a user called Fozan, reporting the same issue.
Maybe it's better if you all report the problem there as well so Google can understand that we are a lot!

devgee

Dec 5, 2011
Open your dial pad and type in *#*#2432546#*#*
It automatically searches for updates !

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts