I'm gettin random reboots / restarts...

Search This thread

orate.cl

Sep 7, 2011
Really weird, doesn't seem to happen when the tablet is stressed or something. On the other hand happened more often with heavy memory stuff like big pdf's and when i live youtube videos loading, maybe I have an issue with the 2 gig's of ram? it's there any way i can test that?

Sometimes the tablet isn't doing anything an restarts. Like when the home screen is blocked. Anyone else had this problems?

Last edited:

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Really weird, doesn't seem to happen when the tablet is stressed or something. On the other hand happened more often with heavy memory stuff like big pdf's and when i live youtube videos loading, maybe I have an issue with the 2 gig's of ram? it's there any way i can test that?

Sometimes the tablet isn't doing anything an restarts. Like when the home screen is blocked. Anyone else had this problems?

I would suggest you try flashing the nexus 10 factory restore image and see if that fixes things. If it's still randomly rebooting I'd send it in for a replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

overheaven

Jun 30, 2010
Got some of these too. One of these was really freaking, I had to force a reboot. I definitely think it's software

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

ritzel-rudi

Nov 7, 2012
i have also problems. Sometimes when i usw Chrome, the Browser don't react and then the screen goes black and i have to push the button on top for five seconds to reboot my nexus. Had this problem three times. I,m hoping for a fix...

orate.cl

Sep 7, 2011
Guys, I think found a pattern: Each time I get a reboot seems to be related to the wifi connection, like if the wifi freezes the tablet. Pay atention to the wifi settings when you get reboot / restart the tablet it's like searching the wifi connection like crazy, but, if you reboot normally the wifi it's already connected. Seems like a clue to me.

I played like 4 hours yesterday Chaos Rings. Seems like a really advanced game to me, so the stressing test is passed. It's not related to stress IMHO.

Last edited:

mejakeg

Dec 1, 2011
I've been getting random reboots too. Took several attempts to get all the way through setup right after taking it out of the box. At first I thought maybe I just hadn't given it enough time to acclimate to ambient temperature or something, but problem has persisted even after flashing the factory image via fastboot. Haven't noticed a correlation with wifi, but does seem to happen mostly when idle. Have also had a couple freezes and shutdowns, too.

Guess I'll be calling Google this morning... Argh.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

sdmark

Jul 26, 2010
San Diego
I actually haven't had any reboots yet. I haven't stressed it with any games, but installed my normal apps and used it for web browsing/xda for a couple hours and no problems for me (yet...fingers crossed)

mejakeg

Dec 1, 2011
Called Google, and after being on hold for almost 1/2 hour (I'd imagine they're pretty swamped) explained the issue as well as what I've already done to try to resolve it (factory reset, fastboot recovery image flash) and they started the replacement process without any additional questions.

Just my luck, the first time in ages that I buy a device the day it comes out, I end up with a dud... Hopefully I get the replacement quickly!

tcb4

Dec 25, 2011
I'm really nervous at this point. Mine is perfect aside from a piece of dust in the screen. Google is sending me a new one, but now I am afraid I will get one with more issues.

quasi13

Aug 5, 2010
Minneapolis
I have had two unexpected reboots. One was about halfway through ep. 1 of Planet Earth. I don't recall what I had running the other time.

I'm still running stock 4.2, unrooted.

xsajohn

Nov 3, 2012
+1 Reboots

3 reboots in the past hour! Location svcs disabled.

Sometimes under load (gaming), other times just random.