Android 4.2, Move apps to SD card

Search This thread

Algina

May 31, 2013
Hamburg
Hi All,

I have a HTC desire w/ Android 4.2. One of the BIG problems with this phone is that the ROM only has 512MB and most of the space is token by the OS and other services.
Also many Apps are installed on the ROM and user cannot move them to the SD card.

Recently I was able to move most of my apps from the phone into the SD card (You just need to download the SDK and execute 2 simple steps having the Phone connected to the PC), Let me know if you need deeper details to do so.

Anyway, this is better but not the best solution since other Apps (native Apps) cannot be moved, and looks like that the other Apps that now I can move to the SD card are not completely moved to the DS card ( some data is kept on the ROM)

Does anyone know how to move the Apps totally into the SD card without rooting the phone?

rooting looks like is very hard, I couldn't find the programs that people use to mention to perform the root!

Thanks!

Reactions: edwin_Oozaru

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
s-off and rooting is the only guaranteed way to get around memory limits.

it's not that hard, just need to slow down and read a lot. there are guides for everything.

i recommend to start here

edwin_Oozaru

Nov 2, 2013
I can't

Hi All,

I have a HTC desire w/ Android 4.2. One of the BIG problems with this phone is that the ROM only has 512MB and most of the space is token by the OS and other services.
Also many Apps are installed on the ROM and user cannot move them to the SD card.

Recently I was able to move most of my apps from the phone into the SD card (You just need to download the SDK and execute 2 simple steps having the Phone connected to the PC), Let me know if you need deeper details to do so.

Anyway, this is better but not the best solution since other Apps (native Apps) cannot be moved, and looks like that the other Apps that now I can move to the SD card are not completely moved to the DS card ( some data is kept on the ROM)

Does anyone know how to move the Apps totally into the SD card without rooting the phone?

rooting looks like is very hard, I couldn't find the programs that people use to mention to perform the root!

Thanks!

Hi. I tried doing the thing with the sdk tool but I couldn't do it, I think I'll need deeper details.

Thank you very much.

Itay_HTC

Aug 15, 2014
Htc 310, apps to sd

Hi. I tried doing the thing with the sdk tool but I couldn't do it, I think I'll need deeper details.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

i am new to Android and HTC.
could someone please provide step-by-step instructions (as simple as possible) to transfer existed apps to SD and install new apps directly to SD?

thanks a lot in advance

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Hi,

i am new to Android and HTC.
could someone please provide step-by-step instructions (as simple as possible) to transfer existed apps to SD and install new apps directly to SD?

thanks a lot in advance

There's no point moving apps to SD because it will fill up anyway.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app

bl0ndynek

Jan 30, 2013
Best way to gain more space will be use some ROM without any script.
Create ext partition on SD card and then use CronMod INIT2EXT script.
This way you can have even 1GB of internal storage. Nice and clean.

All you have to remember to obtain SD card with good class, best will be 10.

Saf98

Aug 7, 2013
??<
Best way to gain more space will be use some ROM without any script.
Create ext partition on SD card and then use CronMod INIT2EXT script.
This way you can have even 1GB of internal storage. Nice and clean.

All you have to remember to obtain SD card with good class, best will be 10.

But a rom will have a script already no need to change scripts.

Sent from my HTC Desire XS using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

Thanks!