[STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK2 w/root (Odexed/Deodexed)

Search This thread

runwithme

Dec 9, 2013
abejabu4.jpg

Clean stock mk2 rom in odex/deodex versions, rooted with knox removed.

STOCK MK2 Odex
Download Link 1: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23321874045862533
Download Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qab7pg9peb4jndh/jfltespr_mk2_stock02.zip

MD5 = f70825c41aca163f01a7bbde39e76503

STOCK MK2 Deodex
Download Link 1: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319200226
Download Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkqpzwgg0n08ebh/jfltespr_mk2_deodexed.zip

MD5 = e20e0a909dcf362b2b93d68131fdaa87

------------------
Installation
1. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. Install.

2. Download and flash the new MK2 modem from Unknownforce (reference for more info).
-----------------

Thanks to dsixda for his kitchen and chainfire for SuperSU.

Last edited:

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Xiaomi 12T Pro
Thanks for this but if there is any mirror links on mediafire...i got some problems with androidfilehost because i can not resume my download if there is any problem happened.

Snazarian

Jun 5, 2008
Hows the modem on MK2 compared to MJA? my reception and data speeds went downhill with MJA

jmilch

Dec 27, 2008
When I try to flash the modem it says failed.

Downloaded it multiple times...

You do this from within the rom correct?
"4. Install either Root Explorer or Root Browser and delete the following Knox files "

I have tried this 3 times now, and I am stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4:" screen, with "Set warranty bit: Kernel" in yellow in the top left corner. Will not move past that...

Last edited:

runwithme

Dec 9, 2013
When I try to flash the modem it says failed.

Downloaded it multiple times...

You do this from within the rom correct?
"4. Install either Root Explorer or Root Browser and delete the following Knox files "

I have tried this 3 times now, and I am stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S4:" screen, with "Set warranty bit: Kernel" in yellow in the top left corner. Will not move past that...

Download the mk2 modem from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42954149&postcount=2

If you want to flash a new modem, then you could use Odin for Windows. Google will be helpful for more information :) and you might want to also check out this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=927568

If you want to flash the new modem from your phone AND you have the NEW bootloader, you could use Mobile Odin Pro. Check out this thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363257

Last edited:

neno2323

Dec 28, 2010
hey guys im coming from the sprint lg optimus g and today i bought an sprint s4 for 200 bucks. its rooted on no wiz rom i belive ( 4.2.2 ) and i keep getting the 4.3 message. so what i would like to now is can i flash this rom and it will update me to 4.3 with out the knox thing.

2.Also do i remove knox before or after i flash the rom... thanks in advance guys

runwithme

Dec 9, 2013
hey guys im coming from the sprint lg optimus g and today i bought an sprint s4 for 200 bucks. its rooted on no wiz rom i belive ( 4.2.2 ) and i keep getting the 4.3 message. so what i would like to now is can i flash this rom and it will update me to 4.3 with out the knox thing.

2.Also do i remove knox before or after i flash the rom... thanks in advance guys

The current version of the rom already has knox removed. I would recommend you backup all your data via Titanium Backup and then do a clean wipe before you install 4.3.

I am currently on MJA software, MJA baseband, ktoonsez kernel, MJA build #, but have the MF9 bootloader yet. Can I simply update the ROM and nothing else, maintaining root and all my current settings?

You also also need to update the modem in order for wifi to work. The bootloader should not be affected by updating the rom or the modem.

I have seen a lot of Stock ROMs but some of them haven't got Data Toggle in notifications where did this toggle go?

Samsung decided to remove the data toggle in the new updates. I miss that feature too.. :confused:

Last edited:

blarg

Oct 9, 2007
I am currently on MJA software, MJA baseband, ktoonsez kernel, MJA build #, but have the MF9 bootloader yet. Can I simply update the ROM and nothing else, maintaining root and all my current settings?

I don't know - I didn't chance it. I did a nandroid backup, backed up my Nova settings, backed up my SMS messages...basically backed up all the configs I could to my SD card.

Then I used Philz recovery - did a "wipe to install a new ROM", wiped Dalvik cache, wiped everything else again just for good measure.

Then I installed the software update via Philz, and rebooted into download/flash mode (there's an option in Philz to do that).

Then flash the MK2 modem using Odin - uncheck reset clock and auto reboot. When I got the "PASS" I did a battery pull and booted the phone.

When the phone came back up, did the initial setup (skip setting up gmail and other accounts until after you've disabled auto update and auto download apps in Play Store), and shut down. Flashed SuperSU 1.86 and booted again. Installed Root Explorer and deleted all the Knox crap (instructions in first post).

Installed TiBu. Disabled/Froze bloat through system or TiBu. Reinstalled all my apps from the appstore and restored settings and SMS from the saves on my SD card.

This update has the stock kernel, but it works and there are no WiFi issues. I was using the KT kernel on MJA, but only because there were WiFi issues - every time I tried to tweak something my phone would go all unstable and wonky so I just left all the tweaker settings alone. This update is already rooted as well, but you will need to re-flash the newest version of SuperSU before it will work (instructions in the link to SuperSU in the first post). As long as you still have custom recovery and MF9 bootloader you won't lose root and if you do, you can regain it pretty easily.

Make sure the modem update takes - I actually ended up doing it twice (first time with autoreboot and reset clock enabled didn't take). If the modem update doesn't work you WILL have WiFi issues until it updates successfully.

MK2 is running MUCH better than MJA. I had all kinds of problems on MJA with iffy performance, sudden crazy battery drain, and hard crashes when getting phone calls. None of that now and everything is running much smoother.

Last edited:

bsimcox

Jun 10, 2011
Socal
can we use twrp for this rom .. or Philz only ? has anyone tried ?

I would like to go back stock ..

runwithme

Dec 9, 2013
can we use twrp for this rom .. or Philz only ? has anyone tried ?

I would like to go back stock ..

Update 1-1-14: You should be able to use any recovery to flash the rom but be sure to wipe all the pertinent partitions first. Personally, I would recommend the official ClockWorkMod recovery. I have had better experience with this recovery in flashing new roms.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    abejabu4.jpg

Clean stock mk2 rom in odex/deodex versions, rooted with knox removed.

STOCK MK2 Odex
    Download Link 1: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23321874045862533
    Download Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qab7pg9peb4jndh/jfltespr_mk2_stock02.zip

MD5 = f70825c41aca163f01a7bbde39e76503

STOCK MK2 Deodex
    Download Link 1: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319200226
    Download Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkqpzwgg0n08ebh/jfltespr_mk2_deodexed.zip

MD5 = e20e0a909dcf362b2b93d68131fdaa87

------------------
    Installation
    1. Wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. Install.

2. Download and flash the new MK2 modem from Unknownforce (reference for more info).
    -----------------

Thanks to dsixda for his kitchen and chainfire for SuperSU.
    Hey guys just have a quick question. I was reading though this thread and I saw a few people that still have the MF9 bootloader and was wondering what the benefit is for that? Is it just so you can go back to a 4.2.2 rom if you so choose to? I am currently on MF9 4.2.2 stock rooted w/hotspot mod and was going to un-root and than OTA to 4.3 and just install philz recovery and root again and than hotspot it but I figured I would check here first and saw this thread for the stock 4.3 with Knox removed and rooted and it seems perfect to me. So does this rom also update my bootloader to the new one? Or if I flash this rom through ODIN will it keep my existing bootloader? I saw in the threads as I read the whole thing that about 2 users said they were on the MF9 bootloader still and was wondering if they flashed using the other thread that said about keep mf9 bootloader but update to 4.3 et. Not sure any guidance would be great!

Hey Steve ! The biggest benefit to the mf9 bootloader is that it does not have the knox counter, which permanently counts every single time you flash a new rom and void your warranty. Another benefit is that you will be able to downgrade if you choose so. The good thing about this rom is that it does not include the Knox bootloader. If you flash this rom it will not change your bootloader and you will still have the mf9 bootloader. I hope this is helpful and you find this rom beneficial :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't know - I didn't chance it. I did a nandroid backup, backed up my Nova settings, backed up my SMS messages...basically backed up all the configs I could to my SD card.

Then I used Philz recovery - did a "wipe to install a new ROM", wiped Dalvik cache, wiped everything else again just for good measure.

Then I installed the software update via Philz, and rebooted into download/flash mode (there's an option in Philz to do that).

Then flash the MK2 modem using Odin - uncheck reset clock and auto reboot. When I got the "PASS" I did a battery pull and booted the phone.

When the phone came back up, did the initial setup (skip setting up gmail and other accounts until after you've disabled auto update and auto download apps in Play Store), and shut down. Flashed SuperSU 1.86 and booted again. Installed Root Explorer and deleted all the Knox crap (instructions in first post).

Installed TiBu. Disabled/Froze bloat through system or TiBu. Reinstalled all my apps from the appstore and restored settings and SMS from the saves on my SD card.

This update has the stock kernel, but it works and there are no WiFi issues. I was using the KT kernel on MJA, but only because there were WiFi issues - every time I tried to tweak something my phone would go all unstable and wonky so I just left all the tweaker settings alone. This update is already rooted as well, but you will need to re-flash the newest version of SuperSU before it will work (instructions in the link to SuperSU in the first post). As long as you still have custom recovery and MF9 bootloader you won't lose root and if you do, you can regain it pretty easily.

Make sure the modem update takes - I actually ended up doing it twice (first time with autoreboot and reset clock enabled didn't take). If the modem update doesn't work you WILL have WiFi issues until it updates successfully.

MK2 is running MUCH better than MJA. I had all kinds of problems on MJA with iffy performance, sudden crazy battery drain, and hard crashes when getting phone calls. None of that now and everything is running much smoother.
    My best advice would be to flash the latest ClockworkMod Recovery and then install the stock rom. Make sure you have Kies with the Samsung Drivers already installed on your computer. Here's a quick guide on the process to help you in case you don't know how:

1. Download Odin (download link) and the official Clockwork Mod recovery (download link).
    2. Turn your device off. While holding the volume down button, turn your device on.
    3. On the screen that appears hold volume up to enter download mode.
    4. Run Odin. Click on the PDA tab and select the recovery file. Ensure the repartition box isn't selected. Plug your device into your computer.
    5. Select Start, and Odin will flash the recovery.
    6. Once you are in recovery, wipe data. Wipe cache. Wipe Dalvik cache. Wipe system.
    7. Mount your USB storage and place the Mk2 rom on your SD Card. Install the rom.
    8. Be very patient. The first boot will take quite some time.

Please post back with results after you've completed the above steps.
    mf9 bootloader + mk2 software update + mk2 modem update = flawless victory!