Which VZW phone to upgrade to after my S4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sokrboot

Aug 17, 2010
www.oldtimersclan.com
I apologize in advance if this thread is a duplicate. It's almost time to upgrade again and I want a phone with competitive hardware and performance specs (like S4) *BUT* I also want to be able to get root and custom kernels. Any recommendations?

Samsung Galaxy S4 "Fort Knox Edition"

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014
I apologize in advance if this thread is a duplicate. It's almost time to upgrade again and I want a phone with competitive hardware and performance specs (like S4) *BUT* I also want to be able to get root and custom kernels. Any recommendations?

Samsung Galaxy S4 "Fort Knox Edition"

The M8 is probably the best hardware you can get at the moment that's on Verizon and has been "unlocked". Not too much of an upgrade though...

tech_head

The M8 is probably the best hardware you can get at the moment that's on Verizon and has been "unlocked". Not too much of an upgrade though...

That was my take also.
If you have an S4 then the S5 and M8 are only incremental updates.
I've been trying hard to try to justify them.
I just can't at full retail (unlimited here).

So if you can get the M8 on subsidy it's cool. Otherwise I think I'll be waiting for the next year models the M9 and S6.

Reactions: JavaManRules-GS4

peppersu812

Mar 16, 2012
Douglasville, GA
I had the chance to get the m8 but my wife wanted the s4 when we came over from t mobile. So glad I listened to her. Had no idea the bootloader was locked. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That was my take also.
    If you have an S4 then the S5 and M8 are only incremental updates.
    I've been trying hard to try to justify them.
    I just can't at full retail (unlimited here).

So if you can get the M8 on subsidy it's cool. Otherwise I think I'll be waiting for the next year models the M9 and S6.