Change where weather pulls from?

Search This thread

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
any devs out there have any idea how to change where the HTC weather app/clock widget poll for weather?

Accuweather is garbage; it constantly says cloudy for me, despite the fact that it's raining the past day and will for the next day. I already complained to accuweather, but they have nothing to say because they're idiots. I'm hoping we can change where it gets weather from, like weather.com or google or weatherbug.

AtLemacks

Aug 22, 2011
Mishawaka, Indiana
plus.google.com
Mine has been dead on. Is your location accurate? Obviously the weather isn't going to be correct to your house. And wherever your weather is being reported from is either wrong, or different from your actual location.

k_flan

This would not be as easy as pointing to a different weather provider, by say changing a url. The data has to be sent to the provider as expected and returned as data the app can understand. If it wasn't written to work with a provider, it will be difficult to make it work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Reactions: Mooselips

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
ah, yeah. i remember in the inc days, nils was checking out how to do it, but we were never successful.

basically, even on the accuweather website for my town, it shows cloudy, when it's always raining lol it's very annoying.

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
i assume it's one of the local weather stations, because there's only like one in my town.....and they report to weatherbug...and weather.com........and they're both right lol

it's accuweather;

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/brick-nj/08724/weather-forecast/1-2191985_1_al

click; see how it says current conditions, cloudy? go look at the map now, we're COVERED in rain and it hasn't stopped since like 3pm today. yet they think current conditions are cloudy. kind of annoying lol

xRogerxC

Oct 2, 2010
The Seven Seas
any devs out there have any idea how to change where the HTC weather app/clock widget poll for weather?

Accuweather is garbage; it constantly says cloudy for me, despite the fact that it's raining the past day and will for the next day. I already complained to accuweather, but they have nothing to say because they're idiots. I'm hoping we can change where it gets weather from, like weather.com or google or weatherbug.

Well, you could always try out Fancy Widgets. I belive you have a choice of 3 different weather providers, and the weather accuracy has always been great!

Sent via my HTC Rezound using XDA premium app.

didiwags

Sep 11, 2010
Minneapolis
I agree accuweather is garbage. It is always wrong for my area too! I NEVER use it. I use weatherbug or google. I downloaded beautiful widgets(had it on my X) and switch it to google weather!

jbh00jh

Oct 7, 2007
Columbia, SC
Accuweather has been terrible for the last 5 years at least, thats why I use google weather & weather channel.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
I know this may be a bit obvious but I have seen no mention of this...

Have you tried going into weather settings and checking the box "Monitor my location"? I'm not sure how often it checks your location but mine seems to work well...granted it is Sense 3.5 on an Incredible. :cool:

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
haha yeah, i always have monitor my location on. the location is correct; it's just that accuweather sucks at reporting the current condition correctly from my towns weather station....despite the fact its the same weather station that reports to every other network (weatherbug, weather.com, google) and they all get the current conditions right..........lol

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
holy hell!

for the FIRST TIME ever, my rezound is showing "showers" for my current town! woot woot; maybe accuweather is finally getting their reports more ACCURATE. best part is, it was literally drizzling for a second, and i don't think it is anymore hahaha but hey i'll take it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This would not be as easy as pointing to a different weather provider, by say changing a url. The data has to be sent to the provider as expected and returned as data the app can understand. If it wasn't written to work with a provider, it will be difficult to make it work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App