[TUTORIAL] ROOT LG G Flex - EASY Alternative Method!

Search This thread

aristide1997

Aug 2, 2013
Hello guys, I decided to post the an easy method to root your g flex! You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons. At the end of this tutorial, you will have a rooted phone. Until now, no bricked phones have come out of this process! It only takes 5 minutes!

1. Download this file: https://tr.im/64637 <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf
2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone on USB debugging mode.
4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
6. The phone will reboot.
7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
10. You are done! Root process is complete!
11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Post below if you have questions or don't understand.

Last edited:

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Hello guys, I decided to post the an easy method to root your g flex! You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons. At the end of this tutorial, you will have a rooted phone. Until now, no bricked phones have come out of this process! It only takes 5 minutes!

1. Download this file: http://goo.gl/yZRXnd <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf
2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone on USB debugging mode.
4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

How do you put the phone on usb debugging?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: spanait69

yellowman82

Jun 12, 2011
Settings > General > About Phone > Software Information > Tap "Build Number" about 7 or 8 times to enable Developer Mode.

Then Settings > General > Developer Options > USB Debugging

Thanx

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Idk why but its not working for me

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

When it starts the restoring part after that it seems to fail it even shows an X on the software and my phone never rebooted so i know it didn't go well

aristide1997

Aug 2, 2013
Thanx

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Idk why but its not working for me

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

When it starts the restoring part after that it seems to fail it even shows an X on the software and my phone never rebooted so i know it didn't go well

Screenshot?

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Vroot and Kingo root are unsafe methods of root, use IOROOT. :)

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Its a chineze root method that works with almost amy version of android. I heard it installs spyware and loggers on phones. IOROOT is just as easy and safe

Reactions: sweets55

will0899

Dec 2, 2011
Bakersfield
I used vroot on my l9 never had problens with it. I tried with my flex d uhh didnt work. Tried everything, just kept failing at the restore screen.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: yellowman82

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
I used vroot on my l9 never had problens with it. I tried with my flex d uhh didnt work. Tried everything, just kept failing at the restore screen.

Use IOROOT. 1 click process

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
so, in theory, if the kit kat update drops soon, we can just unroot that way, install it, and then just "reroot" the same way, or, will there likely be a new procedure for re-rooting with kit kat?

I know we wont know for sure until it actually happens, and since LG has a weird way of locking stuff down, its not likely to be that simple!

thanks

aristide1997

Aug 2, 2013
so, in theory, if the kit kat update drops soon, we can just unroot that way, install it, and then just "reroot" the same way, or, will there likely be a new procedure for re-rooting with kit kat?

I know we wont know for sure until it actually happens, and since LG has a weird way of locking stuff down, its not likely to be that simple!

thanks
Have you tried it?

TheKing1997

Apr 14, 2015
Sure IOroot is easy to use.
But towelroot is even easier to use and almost certain to work.

The biggest advantage of towelroot is:

It's an app, which means you can keep it on the phone and after an unroot for an update you can easily reroot simply by using the app. :cool:

Sent from my LG-D955 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Download this file: https://tr.im/64637 <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf

1. Download this file: http://goo.gl/yZRXnd <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf

Settings > General > About Phone > Software Information > Tap "Build Number" about 7 or 8 times to enable Developer Mode.

Then Settings > General > Developer Options > USB Debugging
    Its a chineze root method that works with almost amy version of android. I heard it installs spyware and loggers on phones. IOROOT is just as easy and safe