[S-OFF] after the 2014-OTA ... the incredible _has_ been achieved & is fully working

Search This thread

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
[S-OFF] after the 2014-OTA ... the incredible _has_ been achieved & is fully working

You might not believe me pals, BUT the incredible and unbelievable HAS BEEN achieved!!!
Full radio [S-OFF] ... on a previously [S-ON & LOCKED]
Droid Incredible 4G LTE - with 2014-OTA (ver. 2.19.605.2)

Credits and terms:

:cool: This is NOT my own exploit ... but rather accomplished with the guidance from team "FacePalm" (namely: beaups & dr_drache) ... Full testing and 1st run by myself only ;) ... actual [S-OFF] used the "rumrunner universal" exploit ;) ... but needs a prior TEMP-ROOT (i used the " Inc4GUnlockV61-Windows.zip" kit by mdmower available in our Dinc4G-dev section, link added below) . :cool:

As usual: While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of me or the actual coders will be accountable. => If you are worried, don’t do it. <=

Again a rather simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, it's not my own work ... i just pass the details along, but still DO NOT ... steal, repackage, 1-click, or whatever method described herein ... for the rest: all disclaimers from "rumrunner.us" do apply!!!

TEMP-ROOT (at least) ... is needed, without it the exploit will NOT work!!! (at least no need for supercid :cyclops:) ... apart from that, both parts (temp-root & actual s-off exploit) work on Linux _and_ Windows *cough*

1) Once you have confirmed you have "Temp-Root" on your 2.19.605.2 fireball:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214653 ... for the temp-root script (by mdmower)

2) Download the HTC Universal RUMRUNNER (0.5.0) and unzip it in your working directory:
http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

3) follow the RUMRUNNER instructions _closely_ as listed at:
http://rumrunner.us/instructions/

4) wait for a ... longer time until ... rumrunner finishes with: "rumrunner done! hope you enjoyed the rum!"
you are now proper: radio [S-OFF] on your 2.19.605.2 fireball

OPTIONAL:

5) flash ENG-hboot 1.15.1111 ... obtainable from DirtyRacun webpage:
http://unlimited.io/fireball.htm

6) flash custom recovery (e.g. TWRP 2.6.3.0h ... the updated KK4.4 capable version from MDMOWER)
http://mdmower.cmphys.com/category/fireball/
(note that the recent 2.6.3.0k-m (currently?) cannot backup/restore "android-secure" anymore, but 2.6.3.0h is also KK4.4-ready & still can do it) ... ... link to TWRP2.6.3.0h in 2nd post
mdmower fixed this issue in TWRP2.6.3.0.n from 2014-03-03

7) reboot ... ENJOY & REJOICE

8) hit the THANKS-button below
:laugh::laugh::laugh: if it helped you (to achieve the unachievable :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

thanks for reading ;) ........... (thx again to dr_drache & beaups tips and guidance, temp-root script by mdmower & s-off exploit by rumrunner, 1st testing of this combination "me, myself & i" => SUCCESSFUL)

Last edited:

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013

6b) linked the "mdmower: TWRP2.6.3.0h" _only_ for convenience as it is currently NOT available from mdmowers site: (_last_ version able to backup the _AndSec-partition_ as well / already KK4.4-capable)

link remoded as this issue was FIXED by mdmower in his recent TWRP2.6.3.0n build from 2014-03-03

spacer ... just in case ^^

Last edited:

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
I'm going to give it a try tonight. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
I haven't be able to find Dinc4G_UnlockV61-Windows.zip Any chance someone can point me there?

I think you meant http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214653

I just got done with it. I had to run it a couple times. It failed the first time around. But the phone is now s-off

Thanks,

Last edited:

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
@tj13 & @spazmcghee ... yep, that's the right one ;) ... it was getting late yesterday night, but i gonna add the link to the first post in case other ppl need to find it as well.

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
@tj13 & @spazmcghee ... yep, that's the right one ;) ... it was getting late yesterday night, but i gonna add the link to the first post in case other ppl need to find it as well.

The name of the temp root I used is Inc4GUnlockV61-Windows.zip . I believe this is actually the file name you meant to use. I searched for Dinc4G_UnlockV61-Windows.zip and nothing came up.

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
The name of the temp root I used is Inc4GUnlockV61-Windows.zip . I believe this is actually the file name you meant to use. I searched for Dinc4G_UnlockV61-Windows.zip and nothing came up.

yeah, right ... seems like i renamed the script after download (quite some while ago), corrected the name in the start-post & ... added a remark about TWRP-2.6.3.0h ;)

Reactions: therreid

puhleez

Jan 3, 2011
Middle TN
I wasn't able to make this work. Anyone else able to? Never appeared to achieve root. Guessing it's because the rumrunner rebooted the device. Tried the Linux version of mdmower script for temp root. Already updated to latest OTA.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
I wasn't able to make this work. Anyone else able to? Never appeared to achieve root. Guessing it's because the rumrunner rebooted the device. Tried the Linux version of mdmower script for temp root. Already updated to latest OTA.

It worked for me. You need the temp root script to successfully do the temp root. The phone will appear to hang on boot after you have temp root. Once s-off is achieved you will need to do a factory reset.

The process does take a long time and several reboots. The PC you are working from also needs internet. The software unlocks the boot-loader. I believe it needs to obtain the unlock code from htcdev.com.

One more thought. If you run the issued the command "adb devices" does your device show up. If it doesn't you need to install the drivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevey500

puhleez

Jan 3, 2011
Middle TN
It worked for me. You need the temp root script to successfully do the temp root. The phone will appear to hang on boot after you have temp root. Once s-off is achieved you will need to do a factory reset.

The process does take a long time and several reboots. The PC you are working from also needs internet. The software unlocks the boot-loader. I believe it needs to obtain the unlock code from htcdev.com.

One more thought. If you run the issued the command "adb devices" does your device show up. If it doesn't you need to install the drivers.

So based on what everybody is saying I actually had temp root since I had the status bar with no lock ring. I guess the issue was with rumrunner then.

I also tried to get an unlock from htcdev but encountered an error 160 invalid MID I think.

Device appears under adb devices.

Thanks for the reply.

tj13

Jul 26, 2010
MA
USB debug is enabled?

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stevey500

Dec 30, 2009
Ran temproot, the phone booted to statusbar, no unlock-ring.
Tested sudo ./adb shell and had #: access, able to cd into /data/data etc and list files.

Ran rumrunner script, script reboots to fastboot as test1, then reboots for ADB as test2. When it reboots, it's no longer in temp-root. Script is removing temproot in beginning test phases thus script fails when it finds out later that it has no SU access. Any way around this? Or any other way to achieve SU on latest OTA to be able to run rumrunner's script properly?

Thanks

Last edited:

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
Ran rumrunner script, script reboots to fastboot as test1, then reboots for ADB as test2. When it reboots, it's no longer in temp-root. Script is removing temproot in beginning test phases thus script fails when it finds out later that it has no SU access. Any way around this? Or any other way to achieve SU on latest OTA to be able to run rumrunner's script properly?
rumrunner is NO script, but rather a pre-compiled binary! so no chance to edit ;)

did you make sure to follow "rumrunners instructions"? seems like you ran it on linux (most successful ppl here did it on Win, albeit Win8.x _might_ be problematic as well):

Code:
1) 32-bit Linux (Ubuntu is preferred)
 •Live CD’s are fine.
 •Live USB is fine.
 •Native install is fine.
 •VM’s are unsupported.
 •64-bit Linux may work with 32 bit libraries, but is unsupported.

2) A _working internet_ connection (on your linux system!)
3) USB _debugging enabled_ on your device (in developers options) 
4) Fastboot _disabled_ on your device (settings -> battery -> UNcheck “fast boot”)

otherwise ... try on a Win7 machine, only HTC drivers _installed_ (NO HTC-Sync installed, but completely removed/deinstalled!!), NO other phone software installed (Kies, PDAnet etc) ... firewalls / internet security _disabled_, otherwise network filtering could get you stuck ... same restrictions 2), 3) & 4) from linux-rumrunner also apply!

maybe it's your linux firewall that intercepts the needed bits???

good luck :)

stevey500

Dec 30, 2009
rumrunner is NO script, but rather a pre-compiled binary! so no chance to edit ;)

did you make sure to follow "rumrunners instructions"? seems like you ran it on linux

maybe it's your linux firewall that intercepts the needed bits???

good luck :)

Thanks for the response!

I ran it in 32 bit ubuntu Linux, all files on my home directory. No firewall, direct connection to ISP. I followed their guide exactly except putting the phone into temp-root before I started.

The rumrunner binary in linux appears to find the phone, reboot to bootloader, finds bootloader, reboots to find ADB... at this point is when I realize rumrunner has removed temp-root as I can see home-screen icons and unlock ring, and later on waiting a few minutes further, rumrunner says no SU and cannot continue.

I will try to run rumrunner binary in windows 7 with only HTC drivers installed, open firewall, boot back up into temp-root and see what it does. :good:

Last edited:

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
dunno, maybe the "temp-root" for linux and win are different ... but for win when the "temp-root" script finished successfully, i started the rumrunner "soju" and it worked flawlessly. previously i tried rumrunner w/o "temp-root" and ended where you were: no SU/root or unsafe kernel found = cannot continue.

so maybe the prob is with your temp-root script rather than with the actual rumrunner?

stevey500

Dec 30, 2009
dunno, maybe the "temp-root" for linux and win are different ... but for win when the "temp-root" script finished successfully, i started the rumrunner "soju" and it worked flawlessly. previously i tried rumrunner w/o "temp-root" and ended where you were: no SU/root or unsafe kernel found = cannot continue.

so maybe the prob is with your temp-root script rather than with the actual rumrunner?

Cool, maybe that is the case then. I'll try windows temp-root & windows rumrunner with HTC drivers as soon as I have a moment to try. Hope it works! This phone is a sluggish borderline unbearable crapper with HTC's stock firmware. I know it's got to be ten folds more tolerable with CM11's latest release for it.

I really appreciate the responses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You might not believe me pals, BUT the incredible and unbelievable HAS BEEN achieved!!!
    Full radio [S-OFF] ... on a previously [S-ON & LOCKED]
    Droid Incredible 4G LTE - with 2014-OTA (ver. 2.19.605.2)

Credits and terms:

:cool: This is NOT my own exploit ... but rather accomplished with the guidance from team "FacePalm" (namely: beaups & dr_drache) ... Full testing and 1st run by myself only ;) ... actual [S-OFF] used the "rumrunner universal" exploit ;) ... but needs a prior TEMP-ROOT (i used the " Inc4GUnlockV61-Windows.zip" kit by mdmower available in our Dinc4G-dev section, link added below) . :cool:

As usual: While this process shouldn’t be too risky, bricks can happen. None of me or the actual coders will be accountable. => If you are worried, don’t do it. <=

Again a rather simple method, however, you will need to have a working adb and fastboot environment. This method will work on any operating system that supports adb and fastboot. You should understand how to use a terminal window in your O/S. If you don’t understand adb and fastboot, you probably don’t need S-off.

Lastly, it's not my own work ... i just pass the details along, but still DO NOT ... steal, repackage, 1-click, or whatever method described herein ... for the rest: all disclaimers from "rumrunner.us" do apply!!!

TEMP-ROOT (at least) ... is needed, without it the exploit will NOT work!!! (at least no need for supercid :cyclops:) ... apart from that, both parts (temp-root & actual s-off exploit) work on Linux _and_ Windows *cough*

1) Once you have confirmed you have "Temp-Root" on your 2.19.605.2 fireball:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2214653 ... for the temp-root script (by mdmower)

2) Download the HTC Universal RUMRUNNER (0.5.0) and unzip it in your working directory:
    http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

3) follow the RUMRUNNER instructions _closely_ as listed at:
    http://rumrunner.us/instructions/

4) wait for a ... longer time until ... rumrunner finishes with: "rumrunner done! hope you enjoyed the rum!"
    you are now proper: radio [S-OFF] on your 2.19.605.2 fireball

OPTIONAL:

5) flash ENG-hboot 1.15.1111 ... obtainable from DirtyRacun webpage:
    http://unlimited.io/fireball.htm

6) flash custom recovery (e.g. TWRP 2.6.3.0h ... the updated KK4.4 capable version from MDMOWER)
    http://mdmower.cmphys.com/category/fireball/
    (note that the recent 2.6.3.0k-m (currently?) cannot backup/restore "android-secure" anymore, but 2.6.3.0h is also KK4.4-ready & still can do it) ... ... link to TWRP2.6.3.0h in 2nd post
    mdmower fixed this issue in TWRP2.6.3.0.n from 2014-03-03

7) reboot ... ENJOY & REJOICE

8) hit the THANKS-button below
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: if it helped you (to achieve the unachievable :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

thanks for reading ;) ........... (thx again to dr_drache & beaups tips and guidance, temp-root script by mdmower & s-off exploit by rumrunner, 1st testing of this combination "me, myself & i" => SUCCESSFUL)

yeah, right ... seems like i renamed the script after download (quite some while ago), corrected the name in the start-post & ... added a remark about TWRP-2.6.3.0h ;)

so I'll be getting a dinc 4g Saturday and I'll be looking forward to working with a great community! My RAZR m is a Lil more powerful with 1.5ghz dual core s4 but I saw the OC threads if I ever really wanted to have speed.

My concern will be battery cause I love my current battery life, I've yet to see any complaints as far as battery life being bad

To make this post relevant to the thread (sorry for going off course) , I'd like to say I do have windows 8.1 on my laptop and whenever I do receive my dinc 4g I'll be sure to post my results. I remember doing the s-off process with my evo shift.

1) remember to grab the latest 4.xxx HTC drivers (not HTC Sync etc, _only_ the drivers) ... as the older HTC 3.x drivers won't work with Win8.x (there's a driver thread here around as well) ... disable any firewall or antivirus software & make sure you have a working inet connection on your laptop

2) dun worry about 1.2GHz vs 1.5GHz: nearly all Dinc4Gs run just fine on 1.5 ... and most even at 1.8 w/o trouble (apart from getting hotter and sucking the juice out of your batt somewhat faster)

3) about batt life: on ICS *cough* reaching 1% / hr is common (with the Infernal-Kernel) ;) ... JB & KK might be a bit worse, as there isn't as good, as there's no real custom kernel, enabling 192MHz as lowest instead of 384MHz ... as well as missing a few good govenors to choose from ;) (also dun recall if deep-sleep is avail on JB or KK)

PS: good luck with ... S-OFF'ing your new toy :)
    couldn't seem to get the temp root working. Cid stayed at Vzw. I tried it on 2 different laptops, one being windows 8.1 the other being 7. I'm in no hurry to get this done, just whenever anyone has time and is willing to cooperate, let me know! :) Thanks and have a great day!

which temproot method did you use