[APP][ALPHA][2.3+][FOSS] StorageTrac - Record and plot changes in external storage

Search This thread

nma83

Sep 5, 2011
Uses inotify to record any file activity in the external storage. Collects data at regular intervals and plots used storage space over time using a modified version of the GraphView library.

Screenshots
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Features
  • Currently supports reporting on the primary external storage device, called sdcard0 in most cases
  • View plots at day/week/month/year granularity
  • Configurable data collection intervals from daily (battery-friendly) to every 15 minutes (granular)
  • Search storage activity history

Credits
- GraphView for plotting
- App icon adapted from romannurik & findicons

XDA:DevDB Information
StorageTrac, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
nma83

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
Last Updated 2014-08-31

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-39-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-39-55.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 952
  • Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-40-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-40-35.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 945
  • Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-41-01.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-41-01.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 933
  • Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-41-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-28-13-41-13.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

nma83

Sep 5, 2011
Reserved

Changelog (newest first):
20-10-2014, v0.8
  • Option in settings to clean up old data
  • Bug fixes in graphing
  • Long running operations threaded
29-9-2014, v0.6
  • Added search function
22-9-2014, v0.5
  • Numerous improvements to UI
  • Updated settings
30-8-2014, v0.3
  • Fixed int overflow issue to support 4GB+ storage sizes

Last edited:

programmin

Feb 13, 2011
Unfortunately it looks like TheFoxute has ripped off this app (along with several other open source apps) on Google Play, with zero attribution to original authors (again). This is a well known problem with the Play store, and one reason I don't recommend using it.

So if you're looking to donate to open-source developers, know that in general "buying" from Google Play may not be supporting the developer, and worse yet, could possibly have some unwanted "extras" added by whoever changed the app and added it to Play.

Reactions: nma83

nma83

Sep 5, 2011
Unfortunately it looks like TheFoxute has ripped off this app (along with several other open source apps) on Google Play, with zero attribution to original authors (again). This is a well known problem with the Play store, and one reason I don't recommend using it.

So if you're looking to donate to open-source developers, know that in general "buying" from Google Play may not be supporting the developer, and worse yet, could possibly have some unwanted "extras" added by whoever changed the app and added it to Play.

Thanks for bringing this to my notice. Did not know of such cheap tricks! I will report the Play store app immediately.
EDIT: I notified both TheFoxute and the Play store support team about the infringement and the app got removed yesterday.

Last edited:

shad0vvfax

Aug 10, 2012
This badly needs an easier way to access and scroll through the records. It is so hard to tap the dots on the graph. Maybe when the info window comes up add the ability to swipe the very top to go through the records and keep the swipe at the bottom to scroll through created, deleted, changed. Or just add next and previous buttons. Also when I use the delete records from the options it does nothing, all the records are still there, and where does it save the log too also....love the concept, the UI just needs a few more options.

Reactions: nma83

nma83

Sep 5, 2011
This badly needs an easier way to access and scroll through the records. It is so hard to tap the dots on the graph. Maybe when the info window comes up add the ability to swipe the very top to go through the records and keep the swipe at the bottom to scroll through created, deleted, changed. Or just add next and previous buttons. Also when I use the delete records from the options it does nothing, all the records are still there, and where does it save the log too also....love the concept, the UI just needs a few more options.

Thanks for the feedback!
I will be adding the UI improvements in the next version. The plot needs a refresh after data is deleted, have to fix that too.
Logging is part of the standard logcat, tag is the app package name.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uses inotify to record any file activity in the external storage. Collects data at regular intervals and plots used storage space over time using a modified version of the GraphView library.

Screenshots
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Features
    • Currently supports reporting on the primary external storage device, called sdcard0 in most cases
    • View plots at day/week/month/year granularity
    • Configurable data collection intervals from daily (battery-friendly) to every 15 minutes (granular)
    • Search storage activity history

Credits
    - GraphView for plotting
    - App icon adapted from romannurik & findicons

XDA:DevDB Information
    StorageTrac, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    nma83

Version Information

Created 2014-08-28
    Last Updated 2014-08-31