Ubuntu os

Search This thread

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
Is it worth installing the developer preview with their bootstrap tool or will there be a flashable zip made soon for this so I can just do it in twrp

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Is it worth installing the developer preview with their bootstrap tool or will there be a flashable zip made soon for this so I can just do it in twrp

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

There are two files you have to flash in CWM/TWRP to have it available at any time. You don't even need a computer to install and test it. Be warned, though, it's really not worth it at it's current state.

codewisp

Dec 4, 2010
Quezon City

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
There are two files you have to flash in CWM/TWRP to have it available at any time. You don't even need a computer to install and test it. Be warned, though, it's really not worth it at it's current state.

Just to get everything clear, I flash the manta.zip, then the all devices.zip, and it will boot fine? As well can I just get back into twrp after to wipe and restore from nandroid backups?

Thanks in advance for the help

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Just to get everything clear, I flash the manta.zip, then the all devices.zip, and it will boot fine? As well can I just get back into twrp after to wipe and restore from nandroid backups?

Flash manta, then flash the armhf, then wipe and you're good to go. That worked for me and didn't mess with my sdcard at all. (obviously it does a 'factory reset' on the device though). Backup with TWRP and you're good to go.

The dev preview installs CWM over TWRP it seems
Only if you do it using the Ubuntu install method, where it flashes the .imgs over top. If you install it via CWM/TWRP then it keeps whatever recovery you have on the device.

Reactions: npesa92

npesa92

Mar 14, 2012
Flash manta, then flash the armhf, then wipe and you're good to go. That worked for me and didn't mess with my sdcard at all. (obviously it does a 'factory reset' on the device though). Backup with TWRP and you're good to go.

Only if you do it using the Ubuntu install method, where it flashes the .imgs over top. If you install it via CWM/TWRP then it keeps whatever recovery you have on the device.

I flashed them both like you said, but it would just reboot my recovery when about 2/3 the way done with the armhf zip, and i tried just rebooting system but it just boots past google and sits at a black screen. Thinking i might have a bad download but nonetheless it was not a success on my end and im just back on android.

thanks anyways for the help, if anyone else hears of this issue and knows how to solve i would love to know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The dev preview installs CWM over TWRP it seems