[Q] No rule to make target libtime_genoff.so

Search This thread

gakio12

Dec 30, 2011
Boise
I am trying to build CM-11 but I keep getting stopped on
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so'.  Stop.
 '

Everything was changed from hlte-common to hlte in device/samsung, but in vendor/samsung, it remains hlte-common. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but renaming the directory to 'hlte' did nothing.

This is in my hlte-common-vendor.mk file in vendor/samsung/hlte-common:
Code:
PRODUCT_PACKAGES += libtime_genoff

$(call inherit-product, vendor/samsung/hlte-common/hlte-common-vendor-blobs.mk)

Does anyone know how I can start to diagnose the problem? libtime_genoff.so is in vendor/samsung/hlte-common, but I have a feeling it is supposed to be elsewhere now that the devices are 'unified'.

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/gakio12/cm11/out/target/product/hlte/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so'.  Stop.
 '

Everything was changed from hlte-common to hlte in device/samsung, but in vendor/samsung, it remains hlte-common. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but renaming the directory to 'hlte' did nothing.

Code:

Does anyone know how I can start to diagnose the problem? libtime_genoff.so is in vendor/samsung/hlte-common, but I have a feeling it is supposed to be elsewhere now that the devices are 'unified'.

I'm trying to figure out the same issue as you

gakio12

Dec 30, 2011
Boise
I figured out the problem; make sure you have revision="wip" at the end of the kernel and TheMuppets lines of your local_manifest.xml.

Reactions: mrjaydee82

ZION959

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 29, 2012
Phoenix
I figured out the problem; make sure you have revision="wip" at the end of the kernel and TheMuppets lines of your local_manifest.xml.

Hi I'm a noob, Can you please give me a little bit more details how to fix this problem please. I'm still learning. Thanks

HI thanks for give me some hints. Just figure it out.

Last edited:

systop

Jan 20, 2011
Code:
 '

Code:

Hi, I meet the same issue as you, can you give me some advice on how to solve this problem?

victorvscn

Apr 30, 2011
I have this exact problem. I am building a jflte cm11 with no prior experience on linux or on compiling any big projects whatsoever. Can anyone explain for a starter what I need to do? I opened a local_manifest.xml and it said
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="koush/Superuser" path="external/koush/Superuser" remote="github" revision="master" />
  <project name="koush/Widgets" path="external/koush/Widgets" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>

I followed this tutorial to the word: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_jflte

Ost268

Nov 11, 2014
Warszawa
libtime_genoff.so.toc

PHP:
ninja: error: '/home/ost268/EmotionOS/out/target/product/kenzo/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so.toc', needed by '/home/ost268/EmotionOS/out/target/product/kenzo/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_servers_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_servers.so', missing and no known rule to make it
make: *** [ninja_wrapper]Error 1

Add to vendor/xiaomi/kenzo/Android.mk
PHP:
include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_MODULE := libtime_genoff
LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS := SHARED_LIBRARIES
LOCAL_MODULE_OWNER := xiaomi
LOCAL_MODULE_PATH_64 := $(TARGET_OUT_VENDOR_SHARED_LIBRARIES)
LOCAL_MODULE_PATH_32 := $(2ND_TARGET_OUT_VENDOR_SHARED_LIBRARIES)
LOCAL_MODULE_SUFFIX := .so
LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional
LOCAL_MULTILIB := both
LOCAL_PROPRIETARY_MODULE := true
LOCAL_SRC_FILES_64 := proprietary/vendor/lib64/libtime_genoff.so
LOCAL_SRC_FILES_32 := proprietary/vendor/lib/libtime_genoff.so
include $(BUILD_PREBUILT)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.