Just bought R800x

Search This thread

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Hello, I just bought an R800x Verizon Xperia Play. I have no use of the phone part of it, but am mainly looking to overclock it and use it more for gaming with emulators (SNES, n64, Gameboy). However, on the side, I have noticed people using newer versions of Android which seems rather interesting. The current version seems decent (seems out of date though), but I was wondering what are the advantages to upgrading? Also I was wanting to know if there is any cool upgrades/apps you guys would recommend.

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello, I just bought an R800x Verizon Xperia Play. I have no use of the phone part of it, but am mainly looking to overclock it and use it more for gaming with emulators (SNES, n64, Gameboy). However, on the side, I have noticed people using newer versions of Android which seems rather interesting. The current version seems decent (seems out of date though), but I was wondering what are the advantages to upgrading? Also I was wanting to know if there is any cool upgrades/apps you guys would recommend.

One of the advantages of upgrading to any newer version of Android would be the increased amount of compatible apps available for your phone. Another advantage would be the amount of features you get over the Stock ROM. But with advantages you also get disadvantages, as newer versions of Android need more resources to run the actual OS(except for Kitkat witch uses less resources than its predecessor Jellybean), leaving you with less resources for Apps/Games.

I'm currently using [ROM][GSM][CDMA][CM10][MULTIBOOT][NEOL+PLAY]Racing SPEED EDITION EOL and playing Pokemon Black in DraStic (NDS Emulator), and I haven't encounter any problems ;)

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
One of the advantages of upgrading to any newer version of Android would be the increased amount of compatible apps available for your phone. Another advantage would be the amount of features you get over the Stock ROM. But with advantages you also get disadvantages, as newer versions of Android need more resources to run the actual OS(except for Kitkat witch uses less resources than its predecessor Jellybean), leaving you with less resources for Apps/Games.

I'm currently using [ROM][GSM][CDMA][CM10][MULTIBOOT][NEOL+PLAY]Racing SPEED EDITION EOL and playing Pokemon Black in DraStic (NDS Emulator), and I haven't encounter any problems ;)

Wow that's awesome, can you please tell me how??
I've noticed people have upgraded to jellybean 4.1.2, is that a good idea? Will I be able to play Pokemon Black or overclock?
Also, I've noticed that I would have to unlock my bootloader, and i'm not quite sure how to do that, but I definitely want too.

Last edited:

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Wow that's awesome, can you please tell me how??
I've noticed people have upgraded to jellybean 4.1.2, is that a good idea? Will I be able to play Pokemon Black or overclock?
Also, I've noticed that I would have to unlock my bootloader, and i'm not quite sure how to do that, but I definitely want too.

The ROM I'm using is actually based on Jellybean 4.1.2 (CM10), and i have it Over Clocked (BTW using Lupus kernel V13). ;)

Yes, in order to be able to get Jellybean 4.1.2 you will need a Costume Kernel and in order to get a Costume kernel you will need to Unlock you Bootloader. Since your Xperia Play is R800X you will not be able to get Fastboot Mode unless you use a paid method to Unlock you Bootloader. You can unlock you Bootloader via the Test Point Method for free but it will not enable Fastboot Mode, you can still Flash a Costume Kernel but you will have to find the Costume Kernel in FTF form in order to be able to Flash it through Flash Mode in FlashTool.

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
The ROM I'm using is actually based on Jellybean 4.1.2 (CM10), and i have it Over Clocked (BTW using Lupus kernel V13). ;)

Yes, in order to be able to get Jellybean 4.1.2 you will need a Costume Kernel and in order to get a Costume kernel you will need to Unlock you Bootloader. Since your Xperia Play is R800X you will not be able to get Fastboot Mode unless you use a paid method to Unlock you Bootloader. You can unlock you Bootloader via the Test Point Method for free but it will not enable Fastboot Mode, you can still Flash a Costume Kernel but you will have to find the Costume Kernel in FTF form in order to be able to Flash it through Flash Mode in FlashTool.

Is there a specific tutorial you recommend me taking a look at? I am ok with not having a fastboot mode but it seems like I might be missing out without it :(

Also, when I type in the code to my phone, I go to configuration but I do not see rooting status anywhere. It just says MEID and MEID Software version along with the available speech codecs and working brands...

Last edited:

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Is there a specific tutorial you recommend me taking a look at? I am ok with not having a fastboot mode but it seems like I might be missing out without it :(

Also, when I type in the code to my phone, I go to configuration but I do not see rooting status anywhere. It just says MEID and MEID Software version along with the available speech codecs and working brands...

Use the tutorial I have already provided (Test Point Method). The only problem with not having Fastboot Mode is that you will need to wait until some one converts a Kernel from .img to .ftf.

The Rooting Status doesn't really mater, Since your phone is R800X its Probably (99.9999999%) "Bootloader unlock Status: No".

Reactions: AchillesNo1

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Use the tutorial I have already provided (Test Point Method). The only problem with not having Fastboot Mode is that you will need to wait until some one converts a Kernel from .img to .ftf.

The Rooting Status doesn't really mater, Since your phone is R800X its Probably (99.9999999%) "Bootloader unlock Status: No".

Ok, awesome thanks for the help I plan to test point mine later today. Anything else I should be aware of?

Also I noticed you said my rom has to be in .ftf format... Does that mean I'll be able to use a version of jb 4.1.2

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok, awesome thanks for the help I plan to test point mine later today. Anything else I should be aware of?

Also I noticed you said my rom has to be in .ftf format... Does that mean I'll be able to use a version of jb 4.1.2

The Kernel (NOT the ROM) has to be in .ftf instead of .img. Boot.img is for Fastboot Mode and kernle.ftf is for Flash Mode.

Yes, you will be able to use android 4.1.2 if you want.

My Xperia Play is R800a and I also wasn't able to get Fastboot Mode but I was able to Flash Lupus Kernel V13 (The FTF Version) via Flash Mode in Flashtool, then flashed a Jellbean(4.1.2) ROM (.zip file) via Costume Recovery(witch is build into the kernel) ;)

PS
There is a Thanks Button

Last edited:

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
The Kernel (NOT the ROM) has to be in .ftf instead of .img. Boot.img is for Fastboot Mode and kernle.ftf is for Flash Mode.

My Xperia Play is R800a and I also wasn't able to get Fastboot Mode but I was able to Flash Lupus Kernel V13 (The FTF Version) via Flash Mode in Flashtool, then flashed a Jellbean(4.1.2) ROM (.zip file) via Costume Recovery(witch is build into the kernel) ;)

PS
There is a Thanks Button

Ok I have attempted to unlock bootloader with test point and now i am officially confused. I understand what point I need to hit on the back, but when do I do it? I mean, I followed the tutorial, downloaded the s1tool, but upon attempting it nothing happened. I had my closepin on the testpoint while i plugged in my usb cord and I witnessed nothing happen.... I felt like I was supposed to have the phone in a special mode or something, rather than just off.

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok I have attempted to unlock bootloader with test point and now i am officially confused. I understand what point I need to hit on the back, but when do I do it? I mean, I followed the tutorial, downloaded the s1tool, but upon attempting it nothing happened. I had my closepin on the testpoint while i plugged in my usb cord and I witnessed nothing happen.... I felt like I was supposed to have the phone in a special mode or something, rather than just off.

Did you installed the drivers?
If yes, try running S1tool in compatibility mode.
Also try using this Test Point:
SE_R800_TP.jpg

^Just connect the two points for the Test Point.

Last edited:

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
SE_R800_TP.jpg

Ok, so the guide says my "Windows will try to find the drivers and will attempt to install them. ", which is fine, but I never got that prompt from my computer. Also, when you say run S1tool in compatibility mode, you mean administrator? And do I just leave the phone off right?

sorry for all the questions :X

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Ok, so the guide says my "Windows will try to find the drivers and will attempt to install them. ", which is fine, but I never got that prompt from my computer. Also, when you say run S1tool in compatibility mode, you mean administrator? And do I just leave the phone off right?

Okay, first you need to download Flashtool(This is the easiest way of installing the drivers) and install it like any other Program. Once done go to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the drivers.

To run S1tool in compatibility mode just right click on S1tool.exe and click where its says something like "fix compatibility problem" then click on the second option. Then Click on "The program works on an older version of windows" then chose WIndows XP. Click next and save.

And yes, the phone has to be off through the hole process.

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014
Okay, first you need to download Flashtool(This is the easiest way of installing the drivers) and install it like any other Program. Once done go to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the drivers.

To run S1tool in compatibility mode just right click on S1tool.exe and click where its says something like "fix compatibility problem" then click on the second option. Then Click on "The program works on an older version of windows" then chose WIndows XP. Click next and save.

wow! i'm not sure if that worked but I believe it did... everything worked i believe... S1 tools acted a little weird but I think it worked I just got a different message because the guy in the tutorial was probably using a different phone.

Now, what kernel is available that is .FTF?

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
wow! i'm not sure if that worked but I believe it did... everything worked i believe... S1 tools acted a little weird but I think it worked I just got a different message because the guy in the tutorial was probably using a different phone.

If it worked than you should get something like this: LOADER VERSION: "r4A069"
(r = Unlocked Bootlader and R = Locked Bootlader)

Here is a link to a website that has lots of kernels in FTF format(its the best list but its in Spanish)
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/...pilacion-de-kernels-ftf-para-xperia-play.html

But before you flash a Kernel I would recommend to look for a ROM you would like to try out and see what Kernel it supports.

AchillesNo1

Apr 28, 2014

Here is a link to a website that has lots of kernels in FTF format(its the best list but its in Spanish)
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/...pilacion-de-kernels-ftf-para-xperia-play.html

But before you flash a Kernel I would recommend to look for a ROM you would like to try out and see what Kernel it supports.

Well, I got the message "START NAK: 0300A"... not sure what that means but for some reason I felt like it worked...

Anyways, hoping that it worked I found this to be useful http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2184897
I like the Super Jelly bean 5.5 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372122 ) but the instructions is something i have never dealt with yet...

* flash your favourite FTF-62 or 79
* flash JB kernel lupus JBv8 480p XPLAY** turbo kernel 3.1 for NEO L
* you can flash lupus jb v13 480p also..but i still recommend for 600+data partition and little more performance v8 480p for xperia play.
* full wipe/cache/system
* install rom from sdcard

TheScriptKitty

Dec 11, 2013
Mexico City
Xiaomi Poco F3
Well, I got the message "START NAK: 0300A"... not sure what that means but for some reason I felt like it worked...

Anyways, hoping that it worked I found this to be useful http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2184897
I like the Super Jelly bean 5.5 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372122 ) but the instructions is something i have never dealt with yet...

* flash your favourite FTF-62 or 79
* flash JB kernel lupus JBv8 480p XPLAY** turbo kernel 3.1 for NEO L
* you can flash lupus jb v13 480p also..but i still recommend for 600+data partition and little more performance v8 480p for xperia play.
* full wipe/cache/system
* install rom from sdcard

To flash FTF-62(or 79) and the Kernel you need to do it in Flashtool
Steps:
1.Open Flashtool
2.Click on the Thunderbolt Icon
3.Select Flash Mode
4.Select the FTF file
5.When FlashTool tells you to:
.....Power off your phone
.....Hold the Back Button
.....Connect phone to PC
6.Once done Power On

To Flash the ROM(.zip file) just enter the Recovery by pressing the Back Button at boot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PS
    There is a Thanks Button

SE_R800_TP.jpg