[Q] Is my Tab's firmware genuine?

Search This thread

SK15

Aug 6, 2011
Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
Hi everyone

So I have Tab 10.1 which I bought in June... Later on I rooted it, a while ago before the touchwiz firmware update came out. Once that came out, I tried to update it numerous times (im not sure whether the tablet was still rooted or not when I tried to update) and the update failed continuously... Anyhow, don't ask me why I did this but I erased my system in the bootloader!!! I didnt realise that it was literally the OS I was clearing.... Eventually I found a firmware file on the internet for it and flashed it... Previously my Tab was running the HMJ37 UEKMB firmware, now it is running the Europe HMJ37 XXKFC firmware which has touchwiz already...

Now what I want to know is, is this firmware genuine, and will I be able to recieve future updates on it such as ICS when they are released? If not is there any place where I can find the UEKMB firmware to flash to my Tab??

It doesn't matter if it's genuine, don't use stock firmwares anyways. Custom ROMS are better. Wait till someone on this forum develops a sick ICS ROM.

SK15

Aug 6, 2011
So, what is the coolest rom available at the moment for my Tab?? Just rooted it but duno what rom I could install.... Preferably one with more customized UI on top of TW... I saw a few pictures of home screens set about the windows phone 7 look... Is there a rom for that?