Screen brightness

Search This thread

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Does anyone know how to dim Down screen even more than it says on the settings? Like ex. If you use the stock browser it gives you the option to dimmer to (high power save) so it dims more than normal... Can I do that when out of browser?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Dr. Evo

May 24, 2010
Washington, DC
I believe you have to use apps found on the Android market. That was also the problem I found with this phone. I'm used to Samsung phones allowing you to maker the screens dim extremely dark right out the box. The Note is my first Samsung phone, and it really doesn't have that many brightness settings. The lowest setting is still fairly bright. I downloaded an app called Lux from the market, and it's amazing. I can make my phones screen almost pitch black at the lowest setting.

Reactions: madman604

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Be carefull i used one that dims it to 0
and i did that accidentally and it stays in the settings after a reboot , i had to blindly find the app on homescreen and luckily got the dimmer to 15% brought the daylight back
after many attempts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Yeah that happened to my htc evo before lol but thanks I actually set it to 0 and I was still able to see my screen but really hard to see anything lol well thanks for the app referral it is a good app to have

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
The app called Dimmer will take you from 10 to 0 (10 is as low as you can go with the stock brightness control). However, I later found an app called Screen Filter which works even better - you can make the screen even darker, I found 0 to still be very bright in a dark room.

Even better, you can set up Screen Filter so it dims the screen a small amount all the time to save some battery life.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1544757

Reactions: sag7392

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
The app called Dimmer will take you from 10 to 0 (10 is as low as you can go with the stock brightness control). However, I later found an app called Screen Filter which works even better - you can make the screen even darker, I found 0 to still be very bright in a dark room.

Even better, you can set up Screen Filter so it dims the screen a small amount all the time to save some battery life.

I really didn't like screen filter as it ruins the clarity when you dim... I used it on my evo and it was good while it lasted, but as Dr. Evo directed me to lux, it's a great app as it actually dims the brightness, and doesn't distort the screen with a filter

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
just tried LUX. much better than "screen filter". no grey distortion. Thanks Dr.Evo

crazzysandman

Aug 3, 2010
Bakersfield
Reactions: kimtyson

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
Screen filter is so much easier. Add a widget a tap. Simple. That lux has to many confusing options if you ask me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
And ironically I wish that Screen Filter DID start up at boot, so I wouldn't have to enable it @ 75% brightness every morning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I believe you have to use apps found on the Android market. That was also the problem I found with this phone. I'm used to Samsung phones allowing you to maker the screens dim extremely dark right out the box. The Note is my first Samsung phone, and it really doesn't have that many brightness settings. The lowest setting is still fairly bright. I downloaded an app called Lux from the market, and it's amazing. I can make my phones screen almost pitch black at the lowest setting.

I use Brightness Level, https://play.google.com/store/apps/...XJ2ZWZpc2gud2lkZ2V0cy5icmlnaHRuZXNzbGV2ZWwiXQ... It has a widget for easy access and does all of the levels that I need. Try it out. It's free by the way.

Even though you posted a nice app, I was looking for an app that can dim beyond stock... Lol try lux its a good app