[TUT] Hebrew 4 ALL iPAQS:PALM PRE2 iPAQ 800 ,iPAQ 900 ,iPAQ 600.../Samsungi780Omnia 2

Search This thread

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
all ipaq 900 ver (the 2 of them) tested and worked great on the ipaq 900
my main device is the ipaq 900 :D

the first ver is only good 4 the orig rom
the ipaq 800 ver is good on the ipaq 900 on all roms 6.1&6.5
soon there will be an update 4 the ipaq 800/900 VER but some small things
(tweaks, softkeyboard...)

4 now hr your device
install ipaq 800 heb 2 main memory!!(not sd or ipaq file store)(part a &b)
check the device if it works ok
u must install the heb first before any 3part app
check if u have the last hp rom (maybe u have a very old rom before i got that device:confused:)

good luck

it must work and it will work :D

דא - אם יש לך בעיה לשאול באנגלית תשאל בעברית
אני לא יודע אם ההודעה הפרטית החוזרת עברה אבל בגדול מערכת הפעלה 65 עובדת מדהים על 900 ומאפשרת שימוש במסך קטן עם האצבע
לא ממליץ על הרום האחרון של מונטוקריסטו אבל הרום שקדם לו (גרסה 2.9 -טוב) היתה טובה
כמו כן יש עוד אחד ששלחתי לך ,כל הרומים שלו מוצלחים ומאוד יציבים אך פחות מתקדמים
אם יש לך שאלות בנושא רומים עדיף שתשאל קודם לפני מעשה!!

Last edited:

iceberg2

Sep 29, 2009
hi,

today i install wm6.5 on my omnia and after i olso install ipaq 800 as you say. But now when i try to open any sms in my inbox i get a white blanck screen.

it is important to say that without hebrew package sms working fine but it is in gibberish.

Please help...

TNX a LOT!!!!

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
hi it is good 2 know u find this app useful
from what i have tested on omnia it is more an issue of the rom u r using

4 start please use the heb from post 9
it is 4 ipaq 600 that has no hardware keyboard (not full)
the heb with the integrated hardkey support had issues with the omnia

i also found that on some omnia roms the ipaq 900 from the first post worked better

what i can think that may fix your issue on your current ver is 2 disable the threaded sms (שרשור טקסט)
test this fix and check if it works
please let me know if it helped

(;) דווח שלך יכול לעזור למשתמשי אומניה שאולי יצתרכו בעתיד:) ,עבור אייפקים תמיד גרסאות העברית יעבדו )

more points that u can check on your rom (if u dont like hr so backup your device before...)

1 u can hr your device and try the ipaq 900 heb
if not hr and go back 2 this ver or try 2 find a rom that will fully work with this heb (as i told u diff rom i main issue)

2 if u know how 2 work with reg edit
try 2 see if on your rom there is an sms app (that may effect..) that can be disabled by reg or delete of its dir
by doing so u will work with MS sms app (that fuly work with this heb

3 check if your rom works with diffrent font 4 the sms app
(recommended 2 work with "tahoma" fonts)

Last edited:

daniblk

Oct 27, 2009
Thanks Alot!

Wow this is actualy working great on my device: HP iPaq RW6815.
Unlike the hebrew by LEng (Paragon) your hebrew can work great with SPB 3.5 and device does not stuck.
Thank you so much!!!! :)

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Problems on the i780

Hi,

I have installed the hebrew support (from the first page of the thread - where there were reports it works on the i780) on my i780 and run it. It installed fine and asked to reboot which I did. Checked the regional settings - it was already set to Hebrew.

I can type in hebrew and read hebrew RTL but can someone explain how to switch from hebrew to english keyboards?

Also - MAJOR ISSUE - when trying to edit existing text, the original text disapear (although "it is there"). Example, trying to edit an appointment named "Meeting" - if I tap the edit field, the text disappear, if I type AA - when I move out of the edit box, I will see MeetingAA.

Any ideas?

Moshe

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
hi moshe
please install the ipaq 800 ver this will solve the dissappearance of taxt

to SW between HEB and ENG use the hard key u have that has like jibrish fonts on it
u will see it on the low left row of your hardware keyboard

if it will not work go 2 program screen there u will see an icon called somthing like "ipaq hardkey settings " enter this icon then u will see the icon that will let u assign any hard key 4 the SW process
good luck

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
Wow this is actualy working great on my device: HP iPaq RW6815.
Unlike the hebrew by LEng (Paragon) your hebrew can work great with SPB 3.5 and device does not stuck.
Thank you so much!!!! :)

that is great 2 know :) (loong time since i plaied with the RW6815/28 :D)

im asking all users that found one of this heb ver working 4 them
please point out your device and the OS (recomended rom) and the post number that in it u found a working heb 4 your device combination
this will help othere users 2 find what they need and fast
tnx

as 4 ipaq users i have tested the heb u found here on all ipaq's that i have pointed out (by model) and found it 2be working on every ipaq rom u will test
so no issues 4 u :D

btw there is a "new" very small ipaq called ipaq 530 or "voice messenger" anyway i have found on xda a working heb 4 this ipaq and im testing it now (rom is wm6.5 v2 )
if all is good i will post it here :)

ipaq-voice-messenger.jpg

Last edited:

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
hi moshe
please install the ipaq 800 ver this will solve the dissappearance of taxt

to SW between HEB and ENG use the hard key u have that has like jibrish fonts on it
u will see it on the low left row of your hardware keyboard

if it will not work go 2 program screen there u will see an icon called somthing like "ipaq hardkey settings " enter this icon then u will see the icon that will let u assign any hard key 4 the SW process
good luck

Hi Erez,

Tried the above - didn't work. Still the text dissapears when I try to edit it (e.g. I can write a new SMS message but can't edit a calender item text)

I tried hard resetting the system and installing from scratch - still - same behaviour. I have instllaed only part 1 as instructed. First time I tried to install hebrew support I installed two parts but the second parts caused the device to act strange.

Any more thoughts?

Moshe

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
only thing i can help u is by pointing u 2 a rom that will work with this heb on the i780
it is a nice wm6.1
from what user told me it will also work on i780 wm6.5 but i didn't test it yet
next time i will post the links (now im posting from my ipaq 900 so...)

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
תודה רבה!!!

ארז,
תודה רבה על הכל!

מחכה לפוסט עם הרום.

מה לגבי גרסה 6.5?

משה

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
ארז,
תודה רבה על הכל!

מחכה לפוסט עם הרום.

מה לגבי גרסה 6.5?

משה

בכייף :D

now i780
the rom i tested is 96dpi
google 4 it
i780_RC4_REFRESH_96DPI_16MB_PP.zip

it can only be downloaded 10 times so i have sent it 2 u over PM

wm6.5 that u can try (i didnt try it )
http://www.filestube.com/3fe426fd8bc867cd03ea,g/I780-LeanCut-WM65-21928-OEM-PDXIB1.html

more
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=537608

please read how 2 update your device so u will not break it!!
u need 2 install on your pc Mirage_LV_v1.8.exe
SAMSUNG_MODEM
use xp OS
if u found wm6.5 4 your device that works with this heb post the link here (edit your post and add the link)
tnx

as 4 using 96dpi i have edited the fonts so it is not 2 small
u can do it yourself by using regedit app & using the search option 4 the words "font" and "fnt"
i have here in this forum a thread that i showed how 2 edit reg and make a cab from this reg tweaks (so next time if u HR u only install the cab u have done)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=547339
good luck

Last edited:

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Erez,

OK. Downloaded the file in the link you provided. It looks like an official Samsung update - when I run it, device connected, it says "wrong version, check device".

I googled for i780_RC4_REFRESH_96DPI_16MB_PP.zip and I found a link in pocketpcfreak where people are saying that this version doesn't support your hebrew.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am now waiting for the 6.5 to download.

Moshe

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
i have also googled 4 that rom b4 uploading it and i have seen the post u talk about but i have no issues using that rom and heb

maybe like u he tried 2 install the 2 parts of the heb
install only the first part!!

as 4 your error message i don't know try 2 update the modem driver or try 2 use the 1 i pointed out

anyway i don't think samsung issued 96dpi rom only xda or modaco cook...
if u are in2 testing please try wm6.5 so i will know what rom will work on the i780 using this heb
(i also what 2 update so u can save me time :) )

i know 4 myself this rom works good with this heb

Last edited:

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Good Morning Erez,

Ok: managed to "brick" the phone to some extent. Tried to load a 6.5 image on the phone and now the phone functionality does not work (all the rest works well...)

I think the problem was that I told MIRAGE that one of the images I used was a "Phone" and not a "PDA" - and it failed around 40% through.

Any thoughts on how I can recover the lost functionality? I am sure the hardware is still operational and I can still get to "Emergency Mode" and reflash it - but it still doesn't bring back the phone functionality.

I heard something about the Russian IMG files which allow you to do a complete FLASH of all the phone software - but I didn't manage to find any. Will that help? and how can I find it?

Moshe

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Erez,

OK.. found a PDXHH1 IMG file, manage to revive the phone (Sigh..) now going to put on some cool themes and test your hebrew.. details in 20m-1hour :)

Shabat Shalom
Moshe

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Erez,

Ok. I have Installed i780_Flame_WM6.5_CE_OS_5.2.23081_OEM_PDXIB1__96DPI from this thread

Installed Part 1 of the IPAQ800 hebrew - works great so far! No problems with disappearing text, etc.

Thanks!

Moshe

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
i can see u had a lot of going on this sat :D
anyway good 2 know all is working 4 u now and tnx 4 posting the rom
enjoy :)

mbuhboot

Jan 26, 2009
Erez,

..not so fast! I am not done with you.. ;-)

I didn't understand the instructions on how to change the font format. I guess that because I have used a 96 dpi rom image - all fonts are smaller.

How do I change font size to bigger (=useful) fonts? I have searched through the registery as you suggested but there was nothing there which actually changed the look of the device.

Moshe

EREZYAD

Mar 26, 2007
Erez,

..not so fast! I am not done with you.. ;-)

I didn't understand the instructions on how to change the font format. I guess that because I have used a 96 dpi rom image - all fonts are smaller.

How do I change font size to bigger (=useful) fonts? I have searched through the registery as you suggested but there was nothing there which actually changed the look of the device.

Moshe

it is mainly your work now :D as i told u i use wm6.1 on the i780 :)

are u looking 2 get the wm6.5 today screen bigger?
if so look in2 HKLM/software/M$/chome
u can also try using diffrent tayp of font (may effect the size)
im now playing a lot with the ipaq 530 so sorry 4 not...
if u do get all reg values bigger please make a cab out of it and post it here
(in the post where u pointed out the rom u use)
tnx and good luck

btw - backup device or export reg values before u set new ones

Last edited: