Won't Wake From Sleep

Search This thread

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
So I just picked up my note pro wifi p900 about 3 hours ago...getting it all set up...but every time it goes to sleep it won't turn back on...like its sitting idle asleep and won't wake up...have to power down manually and reboot...anyone else had this issue?

Mega

tdetroit

Sep 17, 2008
Detroit, MI
So I just picked up my note pro wifi p900 about 3 hours ago...getting it all set up...but every time it goes to sleep it won't turn back on...like its sitting idle asleep and won't wake up...have to power down manually and reboot...anyone else had this issue?

Mega

Have you charged it fully before you started messing with it? I think the Tablets only come with a partial charge out of the box.

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
Have you charged it fully before you started messing with it? I think the Tablets only come with a partial charge out of the box.

Lol yea...I mean I build roms for the note 3 and galaxy mega and will be building a rom for the pro so I'm pretty familiar with the basics...this is a source or lower system level issue...so I was wondering how widespread it is

Mega

Reactions: ExtremeRyno

cfisher

Mar 3, 2010
Did you turn on S-Voice? My tablet went nuts when I turned on S-Voice for the first time the other day.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
[QUOTgonn sher;51323140]Did you turn on S-Voice? My tablet went nuts when I turned on S-Voice for the first time the other day.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Maybe it needs time to adjust to its new surroundings?

it's got some other issues like the keyboard won't work at times and overheating badly...I think It's gonna need to go back unfortunately...first few boots sure you know just setting it up and breaking it in...but this has been at least 25 reboots...I have the snapdragon note 3 and have had it since day 1 without issue...maybe that's the route I should go for the tab as well?

Mega

Edit: after several mods to the system I finally got the note to stop shutting down, at least for the time being...could you guys with experience on the octa give me some feedback...have you had any issues? Overheat? Do you ever wish you would've gotten the snapdragon s800?

Last edited:

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
No issues at all on my 32gb wifi. Just watched a 1080p (yify) movie in multi window while surfing the Internet without issue; not that I would have expected any since this isn't pushing it. Playing games that are graphically intensive will heat it up but I've never had any random reboots or issues.

I'm currently rooted and have some things frozen to reduce a little bloat.

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
No issues at all on my 32gb wifi. Just watched a 1080p (yify) movie in multi window while surfing the Internet without issue; not that I would have expected any since this isn't pushing it. Playing games that are graphically intensive will heat it up but I've never had any random reboots or issues.

I'm currently rooted and have some things frozen to reduce a little bloat.

Awesome...no I'm sure the exynos is hella powerful...I just have no experience with the new exynos 5 series...I've only built for snapdragon based devices galaxy note 3 and mega 6.3 since last gen a note 2 and note 8 with the exynos 4412...and really love the tab and performance other than the few strange things going on I fixed after getting all set up and rooted. Bummer there's no recovery yet...when it comes I'll post a rom for the note pro. Thanks alot for the info

Mega

Last edited:

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
No sleep-of-death or reboots on my SM-P900 so far. Rooted it after a couple of weeks. It's been problem-free.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
My apologies, didn't mean to imply anything. I simply suggested the first thing I'd do.

No worries at all man...no offense taken whatsoever...no way you could've known...things seemed to have cleared up after I did some tinkering...really falling in love with this thing it's amazing...the experience is so unique with its size...cant wait to have recovery to share my rom...I did many of the tweaks I'll do in the rom and the note pro is absolutely flying...thanks a lot for the quick response and Def no worries man

Mega

rkirmeier

Jun 18, 2010
I've had my Note 12.2 for about a month now and never had a sleep of death. I would concur on how amazing this tablet it, been waiting for a big screen tablet for too long and could never go back!

Reactions: megalomanic14

megalomanic14

Sep 22, 2013
www.patreon.com
I've had my Note 12.2 for about a month now and never had a sleep of death. I would concur on how amazing this tablet it, been waiting for a big screen tablet for too long and could never go back!

While I love the note pro the keyboard and s pen just quit again till reboot so I'm gonna take it back and grab another...for 800 bucks being 18 hours old it shouldn't have any issues...thanks for all the responses...Def sticking with the wifi octa but swapping in a little bit.

Mega

mpundit

Feb 6, 2014
Instructions for installing Firekat ROM for Note Pro 12.2

Def happy I returned the first note. .. This one is running so much better, cooler, and without issue. .. No point in buying a faulty device, especially when I'm bout to start building roms on it... Thanks for all the feedback guys it's much appreciated

Mega

Mega, can you give instructions on how to install your Firekat ROM for the Note 12.2?
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol yea...I mean I build roms for the note 3 and galaxy mega and will be building a rom for the pro so I'm pretty familiar with the basics...this is a source or lower system level issue...so I was wondering how widespread it is

Mega