[Q] unlocked bootloader?

Search This thread

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Hello all...

So i am on the Verizon Network (at least until i can get over to T-Mobile) and I am frustrated with Verizon because of their whole locked bootloader business.

I want to get the Galaxy S5 but i won't since its bootloader is locked just like the S4. Well the next hottest phone is out the HTC-One M8. Now i heard a rumor that there is a way to unlock the bootloader on the M8.

Can anyone confirm that this is true for the Verizon M8 HTC-ONE ?

I would really appreciate it any confirmation that anyone can give me.

-droidshadow

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Thank you to all who replied. This phone and and the firewater exploit may actually keep me on Verizon a bit longer. I am going to leave Verizon because of how they continue to lock their bootloaders but this is great news!

I wonder why it is that we can unlock this one but the galaxy series phones and others can not be unlocked?

Was it because this bootloader for the HTC m8 was not encrypted or is this due to htc-dev?

Still great news...I hope OmniRom makes a rom for this phone!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

R

richii0207

I would stay away from T-Mobile, their coverage is horrible...I get full reception where people with T-Mobile have none. You may be able to buy the developer s5 if you really like the s5
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Ya I know that T-Mobile's 4G isn't the same as Verizon. I always have great coverage and speed with verizon but I pay an arm and leg. I pay for 10gb of data a month and that adds up.

I would rather have a phone that I can do whatever I want and now that T-Mobile offers unlimited data on their 4G network I think I am going to have to switch...

-droidshadow

droidshadow

Dec 28, 2012
Anyone know what custom recovery is being used for the m8?

Any chance of TWRP or CWM recovery managers?...