[WM App/Util] Android Launcher - Disable Auto-Backlight and Run Haret

Search This thread

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
EDIT -- Unfortunately, I don't really have time to mess with this any more at the moment. Reefermattness has offered to merge this with his utility, so I'd check there for any additional updates/requests/etc. Thanks!

I posted this over at PPCGeeks, but thought I'd go ahead and post it here too:

I like having my backlight auto-adjust in WM, but for the time being we still have to turn that off before launching Haret in order to have backlight control in Android. So... here is a little app that does just that... disables the automatic backlight adjustment and then runs haret. Just install the cab and look for "Android Launcher" in your Start menu (you still need your own Android package on your storage card - including haret).

4464776093_55ca7e0296_o.png

I made this mostly just for myself, but figured I'd share in case anyone else finds it useful. I'm by no means a developer (more of an amateur tinkerer) so I don't really intend to offer much support or additional development.

Also, I had originally intended to write another little program to run at Windows startup to re-enable auto-adjustment, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. The setting doesn't appear to stick after the system reboots. Maybe there isn't enough time before haret runs for the registry to be committed. Not really sure, but I'd be curious if anyone else's results vary.

Edit - new version configurable via the registry. Change the string value at HKLM\SOFTWARE\AndroidLauncher -- HaretLocation to reflect the location of haret on your storage card.

Edit2 - added app to re-enable the auto-adjustment on Windows startup, since the results seemed to be inconsistent. This will ensure that it is back on when Windows starts. If you've downloaded previously, you might want to update to this version.

Last edited:

peter3366

Jan 22, 2010
android luncher

hello all!!!

first sorry for my bad english!
where i find android luncher for HTC P3300 ARTEMIS????????????

JJHiemenz

Jul 9, 2009
Deutsch Stadt, WI
Also, I had originally intended to write another little program to run at Windows startup to re-enable auto-adjustment, but it doesn't seem to be necessary. The setting doesn't appear to stick after the system reboots. Maybe there isn't enough time before haret runs for the registry to be committed. Not really sure, but I'd be curious if anyone else's results vary.

Though I do not know for certain, I tend to agree with your statement that the registry isn't getting committed prior to running haret.

I was having issues where I would install this app, edit the registry to point to \Storage Card\andboot\haret.exe, I could run Android Launcher that _one_ time and it would work.

When I rebooted into Windows, the registry would be reset and Android Launcher would give .NET errors, and my automatic backlight settings are restored.

I finally installed android Launcher, edited my registry as needed, and then rebooted (soft reset) my phone. All the settings stuck.

I can run Android Launcher fine now without issue. Thank you, I like this small app for launch xdAndroid the best.

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Though I do not know for certain, I tend to agree with your statement that the registry isn't getting committed prior to running haret.

I was having issues where I would install this app, edit the registry to point to \Storage Card\andboot\haret.exe, I could run Android Launcher that _one_ time and it would work.

When I rebooted into Windows, the registry would be reset and Android Launcher would give .NET errors, and my automatic backlight settings are restored.

I finally installed android Launcher, edited my registry as needed, and then rebooted (soft reset) my phone. All the settings stuck.

I can run Android Launcher fine now without issue. Thank you, I like this small app for launch xdAndroid the best.

I hadn't considered that, thanks for bringing it up. I need to force that registry key to be saved before running haret. I'll post a new version as soon as I have time to make the change.

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Hi everybody. I don't really have time to mess with this any more at the moment, but Reefermattness has offered to merge this with his utility, so I'd check there for any additional updates/requests/etc. Thanks!