[TOOL] MIUI Theme Editor - A PC Based theme editor

Search This thread

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
Hi,
I have made an MIUI Theme Editor - a PC based tool that allows the user to make, edit and save themes for MIUI!

Its been in BETA for a while, thus the thread already being a bit long, and I believe it is finally stable enough to release publicly. So I have!

I have released the program, and it is available at http://www.miuithe.me/. I still, however, ask you to please send me as many suggestions as you can think of! All suggestions will be taken on board! Suggestions can be made through the Issues and Suggestions page of the above website.

Please note this is a PC application - not an android app... Sorry, but I'm just not that good with java!

Screenshots:

Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Changelog:

Full Changelog Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Release:

[Stable] 1.0.2

Available to Download at the MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Issues:

Please submit all bugs and suggestions to the Issues and Suggestions page on the website.

Give me a thanks, if you like!

Thanks,
Clever_Name_Here

Last edited:

dp4u4umi6ev

May 27, 2010
Pleven
I men that i have lockscreen with weather and that lockscreen work only with genie widget but this widget not work fine ,9s weather work exelent (with other lockscreen)but i dont know how to put 9s weather to lockscreen that i like.Hope you understand me bcz my English is not good.

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
I men that i have lockscreen with weather and that lockscreen work only with genie widget but this widget not work fine ,9s weather work exelent (with other lockscreen)but i dont know how to put 9s weather to lockscreen that i like.Hope you understand me bcz my English is not good.

I think I kind of understand, but I'm sorry to say that I don't plan to add that functionality to the program any time soon as I don't believe that it is an issue for enough people. If there are more people with that issue, then I may look into it.

Thanks

jason2302

Feb 9, 2011
Ummmmm you're awesome. I've been waiting for an easy-to-use tool for so long. You're my hero.

Will this tool be used in CMD or is it an actual program with a UI and everything?

kcls

Jul 18, 2011
Near Albany NY
www.caseyls.com
I'd also like to see conversion to MDPI in here. We have MIUI Gingerbread and MIUI V4 for my MDPI Optimus V now, so that would be very handy to have. I have conversion values (i.e. MDPI to HDPI ratios) if you need them.

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
I'd also like to see conversion to MDPI in here. We have MIUI Gingerbread and MIUI V4 for my MDPI Optimus V now, so that would be very handy to have. I have conversion values (i.e. MDPI to HDPI ratios) if you need them.

I'm not so sure about converting MDPI to HDPI etc - I'm a bit unclear as to what actually needs to be done? Also, theres a possibility that the tool wont work with V4 themes, as I don't use one, so I would prefer to get it all good for GB before adding V4 stuff.

Will this tool be used in CMD or is it an actual program with a UI and everything?

The application has a GUI - its not pretty, but it makes it easier to use.

Great idea! I think xml editing will not really be "user-friendly", but it's only my opinion!

Unfortunately this means that the user won't be able to edit any colours in the themes though. I plan to add an edit button (which just opens the file) for the time being, as implementing individual text boxes for each value in each .xml would take too long.

Thanks

TiberiuSVilcu

Jan 15, 2012
Wow, this is brilliant. Kudos for working on this project!

Would this work only for HDPI? For example, if I imported a MDPI LS and whatnot, would it work well on my phone?

(Like someone stated above, I too am using an Optimus V)

Clever_Name_Here

Mar 24, 2012
Sydney
Wow, this is brilliant. Kudos for working on this project!

Would this work only for HDPI? For example, if I imported a MDPI LS and whatnot, would it work well on my phone?

(Like someone stated above, I too am using an Optimus V)

I don't see why it wouldn't work on MDPI at the moment - I havent added the ability to work on any images other than icons yet. Once I have it good enough to release for beta, I'll get you to check if it works for you and give me feedback!

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I have made an MIUI Theme Editor - a PC based tool that allows the user to make, edit and save themes for MIUI!

Its been in BETA for a while, thus the thread already being a bit long, and I believe it is finally stable enough to release publicly. So I have!

I have released the program, and it is available at http://www.miuithe.me/. I still, however, ask you to please send me as many suggestions as you can think of! All suggestions will be taken on board! Suggestions can be made through the Issues and Suggestions page of the above website.

Please note this is a PC application - not an android app... Sorry, but I'm just not that good with java!

Screenshots:

Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Changelog:

Full Changelog Available at MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Release:

[Stable] 1.0.2

Available to Download at the MIUI Theme Editor Website.

Issues:

Please submit all bugs and suggestions to the Issues and Suggestions page on the website.

Give me a thanks, if you like!

Thanks,
    Clever_Name_Here
    0.24 Released

Just thought I would let you know that I have released version 0.24 - get it here.

Included in the update is a few fixes,framework_res easy color editing and some drag and drop functionality!
    1.0 has been released!!!

Hi Guys!

Just letting you know that I have released version 1.0 with its own website at http://miuithemeeditor.netai.net/s/. This will become the official website for the tool!

Go check it out, and as always, if you have found bugs or have suggestions, tell me using the new issues and suggestions page!

Thanks,
    Clever_Name_Here
    Really close to perfection!

Should I suggest here or in the project page? :D

Thanks! There's still a lot more that should be able to go into it though! I prefer suggestions through google code's issues system - makes it much easier to track what I have to do etc :)
    what i'd like to edit is Status bar, maybe some frameworks modified too
    it would be cool though if we able to edit it from both PC and droid

What would you want to be able to edit in the status bar?

Currently I'm only working for PC - I've never done anything with java and I don't plan to in the near future!